[  ] - Accident/Injury

[  ] - Destruction of Property

[  ] - Neglect of Duty

[  ] - Harassment

[  ] - Assault

[  ] - Misconduct

[ X ] - Other: False charges

Overview of the Incident:

A miner fell. Being a miner myself, I asked where they were (they didn't have a GPS on them) and they said their location. They were clearly in pain and needed help. I went to get them because I have rescued fellow miners before, and they were dying. I got them in through the mining airlock and asked where the medical personnel were (they were not waiting in cargo to get a fallen miner). The AI stated they were in research (I thought they had a xenobiology outbreak maybe) and to put her in a cryo tube. I put her in a roller chair and ran to medical. The AI turned the tube on. Medical was not there. The captain had followed me since cargo and I told him I didn't know were the medical personnel were [at the time there was a paramedic, doctor, and rescue stationbound] or if it was working. The girl died. Medical then arrived. The captain wanted to know who told me to put her in the tube. I told him the AI did.

The captain ultimately said I was interfering with a rescue. I was charged on his orders with manslaughter, and fined 1000 credits for it.

If I had not acted she would have died on the asteroid anyway. She was in a small hole below the station. Medical could not have gotten to her from research.

I was told by the paramedic that he was told to go to her through research by the AI and rescue stationbound that was with him. It's not his fault any more than it is mine, I realize now. But I should not be punished for trying to save a person's life while the AI was not even shut down for maintenance for such a bad call. I was told also to not interfere with rescue attempts anymore. And I cannot promise that.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: A copy of an early draft of this report was shown to Captain Evans.

Actions taken: None to resolve this issue.

Additional Notes:

(Translated from Nral’Malic by Worrla’Nal Reqiik, Translator and Interpreter, NTCC ODIN)

Edited by Conspiir

TO: Vedai'Kwia Xizal, Shaft Miner, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Office to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 13-16:18-TAU CETI STANDARD-01-2461

SIGN: CCIAAMS

• 2 months later...

TO: Vedai'Kwia Xizal, Shaft Miner, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report
--------------------
BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to CCIAA James Miller (NerdyVampire).
You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 15-22:49-TAU CETI STANDARD-03-2461

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Vedai'Kwia Xizal, Shaft Miner, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report
--------------------
BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 16-16:37-TAU CETI STANDARD-03-2461

SIGN: CCIAA James Miller

Edited by NerdyVampire