The United Colonies of America

I'd like to know if there are already any canonically established worlds, which are officially part of the United Colonies of America, as well as how large the Empire is, and any other canon relating to its recent history. My character Lockie Green is originally from there, and I want to make sure that I'm abiding by the existing lore.

Easily so.

Oh, good. I'm glad to see that you guys have managed to have a good sense of scale, something which is all too easy to lose when dealing with science fiction.

I'm not a writer or anything of course (I heard that someone on the server was an author, though I forget who). It's just that a poor sense of scale is one of my own personal bugbears. I have an awful lot of those. :oops:

I've done an overhaul of them, I'll send you a message of it when I get back from work

Nice to hear.

Out of curiosity, are other things in the background being overhauled? If so, what? I'm very curious about the setting, and I'm glad to hear that you guys are improving it.

(I heard that someone on the server was an author, though I forget who).

*raises hand*

The current setting is on the wiki, here.

http://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=History_of_Man

Currently undergoing minor reviews, as well as getting a full timeline.

How open are you to suggestions regarding the timeline? Not to be presumptive or anything, I'd just like to make a few suggestions, mainly to do with the numbers and specifics of the early timeline. However, I don't know whether making lore suggestions is socially acceptable, whether it is my place to make such suggestions, etc. I'm new to the community so I don't know about the social norms here.

World-building is something of a hobby for me, so that's why I'm interested. You're the professional writer here, though.

EDIT: Since I'm am member of the Sufficient Velocity forum, I have access to a bunch of experts on a variety of topics and from a variety of countries, due to the sheer size of the userbase there. I can forward questions to them if you want. For example, there's a professional stock broker, another econ student, a professional engineer (who has spent time developing a setting of his own), several lawyers and law students, a paramedic, and probably several others in the community (it's very large, several hundred active members) I don't know if you guys already have somewhere to seek advice, and I would completely understand if you don't see this as necessary. I'm just sorta eager to help.

Lore suggestions are completely fine, the lore is there to help the community, not for the community to be forced to conform to it.

As for world building, most of the lore team is interested in it, I have a document on my own world that is over 100A4s in size.

We have a few experts in various topics, including a banker, several military (Including myself), beyond that, any help or suggestions are appreciated, I can't say enough that the lore is there for the community, not the other way around.

Lore suggestions are completely fine, the lore is there to help the community, not for the community to be forced to conform to it.

As for world building, most of the lore team is interested in it, I have a document on my own world that is over 100A4s in size.

We have a few experts in various topics, including a banker, several military (Including myself), beyond that, any help or suggestions are appreciated, I can't say enough that the lore is there for the community, not the other way around.

That is wonderful to hear. :D

I've never talked to a banker before. This sure is interesting.

But yeah, we've got gollee, Sam and Myself for military thingies. The latter two being in a military/paramilitary organization. I've also got degrees in military history, linguistics and behavioral psychology. So those can be useful

These must be very useful for the lore regarding the various military forces and the chain of command, especially given how often people call ERT's.

Having people in paramilitary organisations must be even better, given how NT's military forces are technically paramilitary (if I remember correctly).

*Waves* Hello!

Hello! It's nice to finally be here.

especially given how often people call ERT's.

So not very often then? Or atleast they never do it when I am on, which is sods law really because ERT is all I normally wanna play. >.<

Well, the times that I've seen them have been very memorable. Them, and these Solar Union troopers from this one RP Revolution round.

They've generally seemed sensible, no-nonsense, and well disciplined in-game. Then again, I've only been here a few weeks.

How do these ERT's normally work, in terms of how they operate? I've always wondered about that, I've only ever seen them from the sidelines in-game.

especially given how often people call ERT's.

So not very often then? Or atleast they never do it when I am on, which is sods law really because ERT is all I normally wanna play. >.<

Well, the times that I've seen them have been very memorable. Them, and these Solar Union troopers from this one RP Revolution round.

They've generally seemed sensible, no-nonsense, and well disciplined in-game. Then again, I've only been here a few weeks.

How do these ERT's normally work, in terms of how they operate? I've always wondered about that, I've only ever seen them from the sidelines in-game.

I think Covert wrote up ERT lore, or something of a draft.

And yes, ERT is called way more often nowadays than it is now.

To the degree that crew members actually know who the troopers are.

--L/Tpr James Henderson--

I think Covert wrote up ERT lore, or something of a draft.

And yes, ERT is called way more often nowadays than it is now.

To the degree that crew members actually know who the troopers are.

--L/Tpr James Henderson--

Indeed, I sent you what I had via pm. If you didn't get it, I can send it again. Still working on the little niggly details, but they'll be done soon enough.