[ACCEPTED]VTCobaltblood's Koizzz Enthuzzziazzzt Application

BYOND Key: VTCobaltblood
Character Names: Robert Bretscher, Qusk Yuvuzu, Shaker
Species you are applying to play: Vaurca
What color do you plan on making your first alien character: A light blue, typical for the Recondite Queen's unbound.
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: yeah
Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.
Why do you wish to play this specific race: 
I am mainly applying for two reasons. Firstly, I am a skrell lore maintainer, and my race is closely involved with Vaurcae, so I think I should become more knowledgeable on their lore. Secondly, their lore seems very active and fleshed out, with the devs being very approachable.
Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:
Bound Vaurca are mindless drones that are incapable of independent thinking, always obeying orders. Unbound are more akin to humans, being self-aware, but still always acting in the interests of their hive, tending to be passive in character.
Unbound develop their knowledge and personalities in a perfect Virtual Reality that is like a heaven to them. Anything imaginable can be simulated and there are no needs to worry about. Being separated from this perfect world is upsetting for them. 
Character Name: Za'Akaix'Xin C'thur
Please provide a short backstory for this character 
Xin was one of the first Unbound to be born to Ta'Akaix'Mouv'lek'tanta's brood after the C'thur hive's arrival in Glorashi. As Mouv desired to quickly make diplomatic alliances with many newly discovered megacorporations, Xin was raised to be a corporate worker - specifically, a roboticist, a position welcome almost everywhere, with employment being easy to find. 

Just as Xin finished their development, they were immediately ordered to find employment in Einstein Engines as a part of a contractual obligation between it and the C'thur hive itself. Unbeknownst to their employers, however, Xin was also extensively trained in corporate espionage and tasked with collecting information from human facilities. Almost every shift, it tried to collect various technologic and architectural data and send it back to the Hive. 

A year later, the Hive bought several facilities, including one Xin worked in, outright. As they no longer needed to spy on their own facilities, Xin was ordered to find employment elsewhere - and they got a job as a drone engineer at Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals. Continuing to send valuable data back to the hive almost every single day, they still wondered if they can outdo themselves in their ever-ongoing espionage mission.

The opportunity quickly presented itself with Zeng-Hu and Nanotrasen forming a temporary worker agreement. Xin was extremely eager to participate in this program, and they were finally granted a Roboticist position on board of the NSS Aurora. Their espionage skills will surely prove useful for both their employer and their hive. 
What do you like about this character? 
I think that a vaurca contractor isn't a common sight. I like playing shady characters, and a spy vaurca sounds interesting.
How would you rate your role-playing ability?
it's ok

Edited by VTCobaltblood

Love the character concept, just two questions and then we can process it, just so we both can get deeper feelings on the character.

Do you believe Xin is religious? Not every Vaurca is mind you, but it would be interesting to see what you think.

Next, do you think Xin has any experience Net-trawling? If so, has he ever been in danger while on a net-trawl?

11 hours ago, Bygonehero said:

Do you believe Xin is religious? Not every Vaurca is mind you, but it would be interesting to see what you think.

I don't think that Xin is a staunch believer of any religion, granted that they spend most of their time away from other vaurcae, working at a yet another human megacorporation. They probably deify their Queen like most other vaurcae do, - which would correspond with the Hive Pantheon - but not much beyond that.

11 hours ago, Bygonehero said:

Next, do you think Xin has any experience Net-trawling? If so, has he ever been in danger while on a net-trawl?

Probably not. Considering that they have been designated to work in human space, they probably don't frequent the VR too often.

Edited by VTCobaltblood
  • Bygonehero changed the title to [ACCEPTED]VTCobaltblood's Koizzz Enthuzzziazzzt Application
  • Bygonehero locked this topic