Albert Shine and the solution I found.

LanceTheInvader

For hiw vow of silence I found a solution. I will use hypnosis when I need specific things. But under a specific set of rules so it don't annoy people or disrupt their RP.

(Assuming they are receptive to it to begin with or I can convince them as suggested in the book.)

1- I cannot order another player to commit a crime directly. In other words I cannot say "Steal this X thing" but I can ask for the tools to do it. Includes antagging.

2- Whatever I ask must not divert the player too much from his current RP. If I go see a scientist it is because I want something from science so it is less disturbing to RPs. So on so forth. This limitation does not apply to Assistants. (Lab Assistant are linked to lab so it is different.)

3- I can make players do stupid things in the context of a "show". Ex.Talent Show. But, not in everyday context.

Please help me add more rules and limits so I can make it fun for everyone and encourage people to participate in this. I get that an annoying usage of it might drive people to meta-it-out but I find it very interesting. Thus why I want to create a set number of rules about its usage.

Suggestions?

Holy shit, that sounds fun to constrict yourself like that. I usually follow typical hypnosis shit irl where, I don't tell the person how hypnosis really works, because the more you understand hypnosis, the less effective it is on you, as it's based on what you want to do.

You usually cannot give them hypnotic statements that would conflict with their morals because all hypnosis does is make them hyper-focused, so you want to word it vaguely so they may partially do it and not at the same time.

13 hours ago, GreenBoi said:

Holy shit, that sounds fun to constrict yourself like that. I usually follow typical hypnosis shit irl where, I don't tell the person how hypnosis really works, because the more you understand hypnosis, the less effective it is on you, as it's based on what you want to do.

You usually cannot give them hypnotic statements that would conflict with their morals because all hypnosis does is make them hyper-focused, so you want to word it vaguely so they may partially do it and not at the same time.

Exactly, I am aware of this. So, I always try to keep it "low profile" and never too much.