Kuhserze Ioraks' Departmental Delegation Armbands and Custom Welding Mask

geeves

Byond key: Geeves
Discord key: Geeves#8863

Character Name: Kuhserze Ioraks

Item name: Iorakian Welding Mask

Item function(s): It's a standard welding mask.

Item description: A modified version of the standard issue NanoTrasen Engineering Corps welding mask, hand-painted into the colours of the Ioraks clan. Various alterations are clearly visible, including a darkened visor and refitted straps to keep the mask in place. On the inner side there is an ingraving of the Ioraks clan emblem, an open splayed hand with its palm facing the observer.

Item appearance:

Welding Mask Down:

image.png.687d9fc8216f0cfb4d26fb4133c9476f.png

Welding Mask Up:

image.png.18c2ec9dbde51ce8daa2e4376d59a2a7.png

Welding Mask Down + Cloak:

image.png.2d314bf932436de9a7c2694061eb32e3.png

Welding Mask Down + Cloak:

image.png.5674e15c18e261853ee457d2b8277b79.png

Why is your character bringing this item to work? How did your character obtain this item (1 paragraph or more please): He handsprayed his welding mask to fit his clan colours, because the standard grey welding mask is ugly, crimped his style, and clashed with the look of his cloak.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell? (2 paragraphs here please): The item is valuable for the same reason the cloak is valuable, looking fly as fuck reminding him of his clan and the whole reason he traveled to Tau Ceti to provide for them by sending hard-earned funds back to them. It is a one of a kind item that is a literal in his face constant reminder of what he's here to do.

To him, his tools is his only connection back to the clanmembers who taught him the basics of Engineering back on Moghes, and to have the item that protects you while you work painted in their colours honours them and their spirits.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: It works in the same vein as what the cloak does, but as a welding mask. A few times over the last few months since getting the cloak accepted, I got passersby to go "Hey, nice cape.", which then launched into a tirade Ioraks talking about his clan, how he got educated on Moghes, and how he ended up as a Chief Engineer. I believe this will serve the same, but with the addition of "Spirits protect me while I work", whilst the cloak is "Spirits, make me look good."

Item name: Delegation Armbands [each item gets a unique name] (Armband Box, Azszau armband, Kutzis armband)

Item function(s): It's a box that starts with eight armbands, four of the Azszau armbands, and four of the Kutzis armbands.

Item description:

- Armband Box: A box full of team coloured armbands. It has a small picture of an Unathi's face misprinted on it.

- Azszau armband: A quite comfortable armband denoting its wearer as a member of the Azszau team. In fine print on the in-line of the fabric, it has \"The Skilled Hands\" worked into it.

- Kutzis armband: A quite comfortable armband denoting its wearer as a member of the Kutzis team. In fine print on the in-line of the fabric, it has \"The Bright Minds\" worked into it.

Item appearance:

Azszau Armband:

image.png.97731477f381f5008c01e0506e4bbf02.png

Kutzis armband:

image.png.9533430b3aaa6911ae6a1e6c54c94e26.png

Armband box:

image.png.934ad0e7f894568e2a4a7a252c08b87c.png

Why is your character bringing this item to work? How did your character obtain this item (1 paragraph or more please): As he is a Chief Engineer, he brings it to work to give it to his engineers, which delegates them into teams with their own team leaders. This allows him to say "Azszau team go fix the bar" instead of having to call them out by names he might not have learned yet. Or which he finds difficult to pronounce, damn Vaurca and Skrell. He likely obtained it by requesting it from Central and the Odin's cargo team.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell? (2 paragraphs here please): It's pretty self-evident which value this set of items has to him as a Chief Engineer, it makes his life much easier. And is a cool idea he tried out in the past, which failed absolutely horribly due to the difficulty of assigning people to teams.

It tells the tragic tale of a Chief Engineer who only wishes to organize his team even more efficiently, but lack the tools necessary to do so.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: By being split into teams even further than they already are, they can be sent together to work on things, working on things together builds bonds and a relationship. Characters who enjoyed working with eachother in a team will likely request to be in a team again in the future, and the cycle continues. Maybe I can pull some Gordon Ramsey shit and "take a chef's apron" so to speak. The possibilities are adequately sized endless!

Additional Comments: I would like if the welding mask were restricting to spawning as an Engineering role, as it'd be ballbusted OP otherwise. Similarly, I would like if the delegation armbands only spawned if he joins the round as a Chief Engineer, because the whole point is to assist him with delegation as a Chief.

Edited by geeves

Ioraks and my character once were in a wizard round where the only way to pacify the Wizard's bloodlust was by taking on medieval Feudal political structures. Naturally as the only other command member I had Ioraks assume Captaincy (King) in which I then roleplayed as his human son (Duke/HoS).  We spent a good hour and thirty minutes roleplaying this new dynamic family and organizing the entire crew to take part in the Wizard's 14th century skulduggery of which ended with me throwing the wizard in a pool and hoping they would drown (witches can't swim according to the Malleus Maleficarium). 

Not that this has any direct influence on the item request it does however show that not only is Geeves a High RPer but Ioraks is also capable of High RP standards. As such I expect Ioraks LARPing as an important member of his clan will go well. I say this as a man who had to RP as his son, so no doubt the rest of engineering will have to do something similar too. 

+1