[Accepted]Schwann Pushes Papers: A CCIA Application

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

BYOND Key: NewOriginalSchwann

Character Names: Oh man, here we go.

Spoiler

• Security

o   Petra Agatha Volvalaad – Head of Security

o   Everalda van Schalkwyk – Warden (EPMC)

o   IRU-Agnes – Detective (Idris)

o   Nikandr Morozov – Detective

o   Linh Truong - Officer

o   Ezelda Coetzee – Officer (EPMC)

o   Marinette – Officer (EPMC)

o   Thi Mai Linh – Officer (Idris)

o   Ingel Lippmaa – Officer (NI)

• Medical

o   Hypatia – Chief Medical Officer

o   Nukke - Surgeon

o   Dekhova Bogdanov – Paramedic (EPMC)

• Science

o   Likho – Mechatronic Engineer

o   Mirjam Lippmaa – Scientist (NI)

• Cargo/Service

o   Doctor Elise Marchand, PHDBA – Head of Personnel

o   Ahulyar Markov – Cargo Technician

o   Lakshmi – Miner

o   Farida Koudougou - Chef

• Other

o   Ho Chi Meme – True Ghost Main. Peak HRP.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

What times are you most available?: Generally in the mid afternoon and evenings EST, though I am more free on the weekends. I am a full-time graduate student so classes and research make up my main responsibilities.

How long have you played Space Station 13?: About a year and a half now, to my memory.

How long have you played on Aurora Station?: Since May/June 2019. It’s definitely my favorite server I’ve played on thus far, and I don’t believe I’ll leave any time soon.

How active on the forms, Discord, and/or server are you?:

1). The Forums: I sometimes post on it, but I’m not the most active.

2). The Discord: I am active on it, and some of the affiliated Discords.

3). The Server: I’m on it almost daily, really. It’s kind of an issue!

Have you ever been banned and, if so, for how long?: I have not been banned, have no warnings, and only a handful of notes.

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?: I have not, but you must always start somewhere.

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?: I am a graduate student pursing a master of the arts degree in political science, so I am no stranger to writing, investigating, and making my case. Furthermore I have played a great amount of security and command, and I am quite familiar with regulations and procedure.

Personality

Why do you want to join the CCIA?: To improve the environment of the server as a whole and allow us to continue to solve in-character problems in an in-character manner. One of my major issues with Baystation12 was (and is) that in-character issues had to be solved in an out-of-character manner due to the lack of continuity. Aurora solves these issues in an in-character manner, and I wish to be a part of that.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: The most important quality for a CCIA Agent to have is the ability to maintain a level head and remain unbiased in situations. You cannot effectively be an agent while being biased. An Agent must be logical, calculated, and reasonably detached from the situation you are dealing with.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?: The purpose of a CCIA Agent in an ongoing round is to assist in the flow of the round and any ongoing gimmicks inside it. A CCIA Agent can make or break a round’s flow through their ability to coordinate with both the administrative team and the antagonists and, when all three groups work together, the results can be incredible. Aside from this, there is also their ability to conduct IR interviews during a round.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: Handling incident reports is the most obvious one. However the agents of the CCIA also work to clarify and uphold directives, regulations, and station procedure. Some of these regulations are somewhat vaguely written, so the role of a CCIA Agent is important here.

How do you handle stress?: Quite well, honestly. I would not be a graduate student about to receive a master’s degree at 23 if I could not handle stress.

How well do you work autonomously?: Quite well – I am trusted to work alone on human lore as one of its two deputies, and am trusted to study a wide variety of topics independently as a graduate student. What I start, I finish.

Edited by The lancer