Cheaper Tobacco

13 minutes ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

If it's meant to be a monopoly where we buy NT-brandTM cigarettes, why are so many crew members allowed to bring cigarettes from home? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the monopoly mechanically and in-lore?

My presumption is they bought it at home and brought it on board with then. So maybe not defeats in lore, possibly mechanically.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
1 hour ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

If it's meant to be a monopoly where we buy NT-brandTM cigarettes, why are so many crew members allowed to bring cigarettes from home? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the monopoly mechanically and in-lore?

No.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
11 hours ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

No. You are still needing to either buy them off those people, get them for free from them, or scrounge arund for money to buy cigs. Loadout cigs dont flood the market.

I personally think that item prices in game are fucking ridicolous right now. It's hard to make comparisons and parallels or make up prices for shit when we have such a wild disparity.

For example, a bottle of water costs 12 credits or so. 4€ per 44cl bottle of water. How does this make sense? How much does a liter of water even cost normal people? You'd think goods would cost less with how abundant they are now. But I guess price gouging is a thing, right?

Cola costs fifteen credits. That's about 5€ per 33cl can of cola with relatively unchanged wages. As above.

Cigarettes cost TWO HUNDRED CREDITS. Something's wrong here. That's about 66€ per pack of cigarettes. Who buys this shit? How are cigarettes even still so expensive? Yes, there was an embargo, but with prices so high then surely there wouldn't be an appeal anymore. Only the rich would keep buying them. Yet we keep cigarettes in the loadout, where everyone can get them anyways. Nobody considers the embargo when selecting cigarettes from the loadout. I understand why it was made to be this way, but it's really not obvious and fighting to keep it has less benefits than problems.

I personally want reasonable prices and reasonable, well-defined wages as a start.

Oh yeah, as an aside, I've been playing here for 3 years and I didn't know there was an embargo until now. That should make it obvious just how dumb keeping the prices high are: I guarantee you almost nobody cares about the embargo.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
On 21/12/2019 at 22:32, NewOriginalSchwann said:

They bought those cigarettes somewhere. 

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Fantastic idea. I do sort of like that people ask to bum or buy cigarettes off these people.  I wonder if this will make people more or less selfish with them.

• Gem locked this topic