Reporting Personnel: Natalie Duponte

Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Quartermaster

Game ID: b4R-c8wM

Personnel Involved:  

- Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur - Victim

- Adrien Major, Bartender - Witness

- Milosh Harris, Engineering Apprentice - Offender

Secondary Witnesses:  

None, other than the few ISD that arrived on scene after calling for help. The attack was already over at this point.

Time of Incident: (If unable to provide, leave blank)

Real Time: Approx 1520 MST 12/24/2019

Location of Incident: Bar

Nature of Incident:

[  ] - Workplace Hazard
[  ] - Accident/Injury
[  ] - Destruction of Property
[ x ] - Neglect of Duty
[ x ] - Harassment
[ x ] - Assault
[ x ] - Misconduct
[  ] - Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident:  

This incident occurred very late into what was a very hectic shift. I was on my way to the shuttle when I heard Voa calling out for help over the radio in the bar, saying she was being attacked. Being right next to the bar- and knowing that security was currently dealing with hivebots- I ran over to make sure that everything was okay, only to see Voa in a choke hold by Milosh Harris, having her antenna pulled on. I quickly removed Harris from her person and told him to leave- Milosh Harris was extremely drunk and he kept insulting Voa and threatened her again, so Adrien Major then pointed his shotgun (loaded with bean bags) and ordered him to leave. Adrien Major was then spooked by Milosh moving towards Voa again and thus pulled the trigger.

Milosh fell over briefly before beginning to slur over the common radio that there was a shooter on the loose and had been shot by the bartender for no reason. I explained the situation over the radio and thought that was that. Milosh continued to stand in the hall and berate Adrien Major, while all three of us- Voa, Adrien, and myself- told him that if he were truly injured by the bean bags, then he should leave and go to medical. He did not.

He began to come back into the bar and pulled an impact wrench out of his tool belt. Voa, already frightened from being attacked by him once, threw a tortilla chip at him and told him to leave her alone.

Her throwing the tortilla chip set him off and he charged past me and hit her in the head multiple times with his screwdriver, aiming for the eyes. I attempted to disarm him and get him away from her, when he then turned on me and attempted to also stab me in the eyes. I was lucky enough to have just barely been scratched by it, but did almost lose an eye- I was bleeding from somewhere on my face, but was too worried about Voa to really notice. I was able to disarm him and get him away from her, while telling security over the radio that they needed to hurry to the bar. At this point, Harris was distracted from Voa and I and was attempting to chase Adrien.

Adrien, as soon as Harris ran back into the bar with the impact wrench out and attacked Voa, tried to shoot once more and missed. This is why Harris turned his attention from Voa and I. Adrien was out of ammo at this point and ran behind his counter to get more bean bag shells. ISD arrived very shortly after I yelled for help and apprehended him. I missed what happened afterwards as I was more focused on getting Voa to the medical lobby to make sure she was okay, as she had collapsed.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?:  

Yes, Oliver Roadman, Chief Engineer. He was also present after ISD arrived.

Actions taken:  

None - Security was overwhelmed with the hivebots that had just appeared in security and science. Plus, the shuttle was leaving and efforts were scattered. It was assumed that Odin security would help take care of things, but I am unsure if anything ever went through.

Additional Notes:

I am unsure as to what had lead up to the attack, though I do believe I heard Milosh Harris yelling something on the radio about Voa accidentally knocking something over shortly before she began to yell for help.

((I believe the only reason Adrien Major fired on Harris the first time with the bean bag was due to being on the wrong aim command. Also, my first time doing an IR. Apologies if I did anything wrong.))

Edited by Natiform
Spelling errors