VTOL / Szablarzov

BYOND Key: VTOL / Szablarzov

Total Ban Length: Permanent

Banning staff member's Key: Skull132

Reason of Ban: I do not remember the exact reasons for my bans, but I do believe that I received the first two ones because I was increasingly rude and toxic towards the community. The most recent one was given to me because I admitted to Skull132 that it was me, but as another key, after evading these two earlier bans I have mentioved.

Reason for Appeal: Well, to be honest, I really have nothing else to do, and all other servers out there just do not cut it for me, you know?

I could just begin throwing shit at other servers, telling you know terrible their administration and community is, what ridiculous things happen there or what I've witnessed when I played there. I'm not going to bother with it though, it's not worth it and you surely don't appreciate people saying bad things about other servers behind their backs.

So far, Aurora has been the most enjoyable place out of all servers available when it came to RPing. Yeah, it has it's own share of terrible shit too, like a massive influx of snowflake aliens that have the exact same behaviour compared to the stereotypical beliefs about most ethnicities on Earth. A few people know what I'm talking about, so I'm not going to repeat it here, but I assure you that you wouldn't want to hear it if you're sensitive about certain topics.

Still, even with that in place, and the general metafriending bullshit that happens all over the server when it comes to IC interactions, I have seen some opportunities to have fun there. Either as a cyborg, or as a security officer, or as a janitor or even a crate pusher. When you're not trying hard, and opportunity always comes to have pleasant interactions with some people, and even if not you can at least feel like that unnoticed hero that saves your day.

The problem with me is the fact my mood constantly degrades when I am 'growing into' the given community. I remember it the most as VTOL, when at first I used to be really liked by people around me, till I have achieved something and I simply went apeshit on you guys. I can't say I didn't feel bad about it, but it didn't strike me as much before. As Szablarzov I didn't really do much, well, except for being an asshole again after playing just fine for a month. Skull132 then has seen through and issued the banhammer on me.

Third time it was different, and I can't really blame you guys for not detecting me earlier. I had a new computer, and so that means my serial key and MAC address was different. I was a clean dude, and I kept playing there nicely, except for that one part I went there as another key to be a god damn fucking asshole again. But I managed, and then Skull132 banned me after I told him that it was me on the Byond pager.

Now, I would like to apologize you guys for being a massive asshole. I want to apologize to Nightmare 00 who is now not an admin anymore, probably because he resigned or because he did something terrible, I don't know. I also would like to apologize to Covert0ddity for that one time while I was giving shit as Sol Emperor. The biggest apologies go to Skull132 though. You are a cool fucking guy, I have talked to you on Teamspeak, and while you were acting chill and friendly, I was becoming more and more cringy. Sorry for any mockings and insults I have directed towards you and your country, that was fucking rude of me.

While I can't lie, this thread has been made more in hopes of me getting unbanned, I also wished to apologize you guys. I'd appreciate if gave my appeal a little thought, and see if I am worth getting my fourth chance out here, after messing up the first three ones. I can't promise I will completely cease to be an asshole, but I'll try, and I'll try my hardest. I just have to say that I had plenty of fun RPing with you guys there, and I just miss playing there. It's much better than any other self-proclaimed RP server out there. Peace.

My memory is rather fuzzy, as it's been quite a while. But did you ever play someone named Ty Foster?

If so, i'l come back when you have an answer and i'l vouch for you in this- once i get the full story from all of this.

If not, dis-regard.

Nope, I did not play as him. I think you might remember my very first guy I played as, the mute guy Sten Asval.

I have no idea who will give you the full story, but I already gave the shortened one: I evaded a permanent ban twice, I was acting like an asshole, and the last ban was issued to me out of honesty, but Skull132 told me to appeal the ban sometime to give it a try.

You do not have to vouch for me if you do not want to, but I still appreciate it. Ask somebody, ask Skull132, he might tell you all of it. What I typed one line above is pretty much the TL;DR of the story that would drag on for too long, but I will not mind somebody elaborating it.

What bothers me is my ability to pick you out. That's generally not a negative thing, but given that your main pitch is, "I've changed," it leaves a few fun questions.

Another thing which leaves me hesitant is your constant multikeying. Harmful or otherwise, you've played on our server with roughly 5 - 10 keys. And a good few of them have had notes added. The issue comes from us not being able to track these notes as you do so, to the point where I took a day to rummage through 5 months worth of logs to compile a word doc on your notes. If you keep doing that, then we'll have an issue with you effectively dodging long term punishment.

What bothers me is my ability to pick you out. That's generally not a negative thing, but given that your main pitch is, "I've changed," it leaves a few fun questions.

Another thing which leaves me hesitant is your constant multikeying. Harmful or otherwise, you've played on our server with roughly 5 - 10 keys. And a good few of them have had notes added. The issue comes from us not being able to track these notes as you do so, to the point where I took a day to rummage through 5 months worth of logs to compile a word doc on your notes. If you keep doing that, then we'll have an issue with you effectively dodging long term punishment.

As much as it will sound simply ridiculous, I am not able to stop doing that. I mean, I CAN try and stop, but I just have a really fucking weird quirk that keeps haunting me at all times when I play multiplayer games, no matter what it could be. I just do not like being known or recongnized, and even if I play one round without doing anything stupid, I make another key just so people will not recongnize me. On my earlier computer I had roughly 300+ keys registered on my MAC address, so it can pretty much give you a rough estimate. Or hell, maybe it is less, but certainly a hundred is minimal.

I can at least assure you that I do not create new accounts to evade any sort of job banishments issued onto me. It is literally just the fact that people know me, and I do not like doing that. I can keep in touch with you and tell you on BYOND pager any new key that I will use, but I will also attempt to stick with one key so it will stop being a trouble for you.

I leave it for you to decide, I am even up for a very long probation as a punishment while I could play on your server. I have evaded your bans twice anyways, or rather, I just effectively sneaked through them. The first one for some reason was erased by itself, and from the second one I appealed out by waiting out a few months so you would forget what kind of stuff I have done.

I am awaiting your response, and honestly hoping for the best. Sorry again for being a dickface on your server, you do not deserve that.

EDIT: I was even dickish enough to make some people my sworn enemies as one key, and then create a second account just to befriend them. I am also sorry for that scumbag thing.

I recall you a good amount. At the time, people made slight jokes about your name being close to Volt.

Here is my problem with your unban appeal. It focuses on what the server can do for you if you get unbanned. Instead, tell people what you will bring to the server. People have a bad experience with you. What do intend to do to correct the bad blood? You highlighted the staff, but not the players.

On the subject of staff, it seems like you made the unban based on what somebody would want to hear. You said sorry, and you told Skull how cool he was. It seems too generic, to me.

Now, I support second chances. That said, you personally just said you have been banned multiple times. Maybe you learned nothing?

How do we know you won't do it again? You stated that you have a hard time coming into communities, but you are atttempting to enter another community despite that. Why would anything differ from the last time you were unbanned?

I recall you a good amount. At the time, people made slight jokes about your name being close to Volt.

Here is my problem with your unban appeal. It focuses on what the server can do for you if you get unbanned. Instead, tell people what you will bring to the server. People have a bad experience with you. What do intend to do to correct the bad blood? You highlighted the staff, but not the players.

On the subject of staff, it seems like you made the unban based on what somebody would want to hear. You said sorry, and you told Skull how cool he was. It seems too generic, to me.

Now, I support second chances. That said, you personally just said you have been banned multiple times. Maybe you learned nothing?

How do we know you won't do it again? You stated that you have a hard time coming into communities, but you are atttempting to enter another community despite that. Why would anything differ from the last time you were unbanned?

I do not think you should even be questioning me, I think that is the job of an administrator to question the person that appealed their banishment, and check if they are worthy being allowed back to play and hang out among other people in the community.

But I will answer, not because I feel like a generous bastard, but just because I accept the fact that a player wishes to know what I shall do for the community if I come back. Well, what can I say? I do not know how to code, nor how to sprite, so I can not make the community happy by contributing to the game with some sweet content.

I do not really know what I will bring there. Perhaps I will just play alone, and just have fun while also helping other people out? Do not get offended, but I was playing on Aurora for too much time to know that some people there are fucking terrible. I do not wish to hang out with a generic four feet tall snowflake that has a louder voice than a huge trading ship, you know?

Apologizing the administration team is one of the main things that one should do in an appeal. What, was I supposed to just go and say something like this:

Hey so I am bored so please remove that ban so I can play again ok thanks I regret nothing and fuck you if you will deny my appeal you bunch of cunts.

I do not think that would be the right approach. And you will never know if I will not do it again, VoltageHero. I indeed have a hard time coming into communities because of problems within the community. Aurora is not bad, but snowflakism, circlejerking and general favorizing made me a little bit toxic towards you guys.

And I do not know what will differ. I will try to prevent myself from venting out on people that trigger me with what I have mentioned above, but I will not promise anything. I can give people some good time (Not in that way.) if I deem the situation worth it.

I understand this reply came out as a bit toxic, but I could not type it in a different way.

I do not think you should even be questioning me, I think that is the job of an administrator to question the person that appealed their banishment, and check if they are worthy being allowed back to play and hang out among other people in the community.

No. Unban appeals are on the open forums specifically so that they can be accessed by both the community and staff. Although the final decision is ultimately made by staff, community input is welcome and in fact encouraged so long as it is relevant to the issue at hand.

No. Unban appeals are on the open forums specifically so that they can be accessed by both the community and staff. Although the final decision is ultimately made by staff, community input is welcome and in fact encouraged so long as it is relevant to the issue at hand.

"But I will answer, not because I feel like a generous bastard, but just because I accept the fact that a player wishes to know what I shall do for the community if I come back."

I just said that I understand and respect the players who give their input to appeals.

Starting off i would like to commend you for not just sucking skull's corn pipe all over the request.

However there is so little remorse shown here that you come of like a grief bomb waiting to happen.

You note that you can't help yourself with multikeying. Which heavily implies you'll do it again eventually, to further the point; you also can't help yourself with being an asshole once you grow into a community, seeing as this would be your fourth chance to come back, i have to ask:

Are we supposed to excuse this behavior because you oh-so can't help yourself?

Why would the community want someone who has that little self control?

Ah, dang, forgot i'm not administration, do please respond anyway, i'd appreciate it

Starting off i would like to commend you for not just sucking skull's corn pipe all over the request.

However there is so little remorse shown here that you come of like a grief bomb waiting to happen.

You note that you can't help yourself with multikeying. Which heavily implies you'll do it again eventually, to further the point; you also can't help yourself with being an asshole once you grow into a community, seeing as this would be your fourth chance to come back, i have to ask:

Ah, dang, forgot i'm not administration, do please respond anyway, i'd appreciate it

That is actually a really good point. Why do I even bother if I will probably be a piece of shit once again? Just forget it, close this appeal or just put your own opinion in. I have suggested a probation, I thought it would ease you up, but apparently it did not.

I also appreciate your sarcasm and bitterness.

That is actually a really good point. Why do I even bother if I will probably be a piece of shit once again? Just forget it, close this appeal or just put your own opinion in. I have suggested a probation, I thought it would ease you up, but apparently it did not.

This is the issue. While yes, he should have come off better, so should you.

Seeing this is an appeal, you should have attempted to take a better stance in this situation. Stating "close this appeal", and all this makes you seem like you're getting agitated over the lack of support, and less-than-stellar response from an individual.

Am I supporting the way Johhny replied? No, but you may want to realize how your word choice may come off as, seeing as this is an appeal for you personally.

This is the issue. While yes, he should have come off better, so should you.

Seeing this is an appeal, you should have attempted to take a better stance in this situation. Stating "close this appeal", and all this makes you seem like you're getting agitated over the lack of support, and less-than-stellar response from an individual.

Am I supporting the way Johhny replied? No, but you may want to realize how your word choice may come off as, seeing as this is an appeal for you personally.

That is not the thing, VoltageHero. Actually, it is what you just said. I came out as shitty, I had a really terrible choice of words at the ready, and so I made myself come out as a double-tongued asshole that just wants to put a nice face on till he's going to be allowed back in.

There is no point in dragging it over now. I'll try again later, and that time I'll try to make my wording a bit better, so I won't come out as a dick. Yes, I am an easy person to make surrender, and I just did right now surrender about this.

Ok, yea, maybe i went a little overboard on the asshole level, more so seeing as i don't even think you're that bad.

I mean i wanted to come of as a bit of an asshole, just not that big of one

Ok, so, i'll just stick to nothing but constructive criticism

-starting of saying you're doing this because you're bored probably isn't the best idea, especially when you're clearly not doing it only for that seeing as you're emotionally invested. I'm already assuming you griefed because you were bored

-"even though the server has metagaming and crap aliens i still found opportunity to have fun" minor gripe, i mean i kinda see why you think that but you should probably wait until you're approved to point it out

-"my state deteriorated while playing 3 times" major point, saying this doesn't inspire confidence. Why were you an asshole? Why is this time so different? Did you not feel like this last time too? Then why did you asshole out?

-"can't stop key'ing" -major point. It is inevitable people will remember you. Do you plan using a different character every time or avoid ooc? Because if not then you'll end up changing a lot of keys. Why is this such an issue? It sounds more of an obsession then a quirk. Is there no way to fix it? Seriously, why?

-sol emperor is an awesome idea

While i do think you should probably be given another chance regarding being a dick, it's gonna be a nightmare for you to keep unrecognized

Well, if you could allow me to explain it a little better, here I go:

- At the first point, I was honest about my reason why I wanted to come back. I was both bored and I missed that nice amount of RP I had there. I did not want to write a novel on how my connection to that server was nearly romantic, because that would be simply ridiculous, is not that right?

The thing is, I just miss that server, nothing more. I still like some people here, I still like playing there and I like how people do various shenanigans or just act in a strange way. While it did not involve me, I was honestly glad to not be the center of attention.

- At the second point, I do not know what you meant by me waiting to get approved before pointing it out. The thing is, there IS a problem with people metafriending or acting like alien snowflakes. I am not going to list any names or tell who agreed with me on that point, because that is not very important right now. I will give you an example though, and a very brief one: Ana Issek.

- At the third point, my state has steadily went downhill because the negative things on that server affected me. I mean, I do not have any idea what is so cool about acting like a moody bitch or a total asshole, or even worse, a nearly genocidal maniac that has plenty of access to all weaponry that could be used to execute the whole crew! I am sure that you have noticed that too, and these things have affected me in a way to make me think that it is INDEED cool to do that! Now, I was wrong back then, it seems that to be an asshole you have to have a good RP reason, or just be good at it. Or whatever, I do not really know, I never take an assholish stance the first time I come somewhere.

- At the fourth point, I gotta agree with you, because you worded that correctly while I hid the right meaning. I am obsessed, obsessed with staying anonymous or a stranger to people. I simply do not like being known, regardless of it being a positive or negative thing. I like to leave it as me being a ghost, just staring at people and stuff.

I could fix it by stopping making multiple keys each time I end a round, but I do not know about the OOC part. I can speak in OOC, but then I progressively get more retarded and gimmicky as time passes on, so you might get the idea. Why? I do not know, I guess I am just fucking retarded.

- At the fifth point, Sol Emperor was a bad idea because apparently it was not allowed to have Emperor as a surname. It was kinda strange, because I saw people with a surname like King or Queen and they did not get lynched, but I got permanently banned for arguing about it.

Thank you for your thought, I really appreciate it. Like I said, I can hold in with a probation, just so both the administration team and the playerbase will feel safe knowing that if I will make even a minor fuck up, I will get kicked out forever without a ticket to the other side. Yep, it will be a nightmare, but I will manage, or even break into liking to be recongnized. Who knows!

You don't seem like a bad guy. Maybe a little troublesome, though.

Since you've had a history of going off and getting a ban, and trying to circumvent that ban (Like Skull said, 5-10 keys? Really?), I gotta ask, and pardon me if someone else asked this and I didn't catch it, but what happens if you slip up again? What happens if you get banned again, for whatever scenario that might come up. Will the staff have to worry about any more accounts coming in?

Being a player here, i have seen a lot. I have had years of experience on SS13. I have seen people from all walks of life.

And to be honest?

I have some of the same problems VTOL has had, but if my experience proves anything, anyone can straighten up and fly right.

Once upon a time i was..like VTOL, simple to say.

Those times are long gone.

And so, being a community member here, that is hopefully respected.

I give a tentative recommendation to give VTOL another chance.

Since you've had a history of going off and getting a ban, and trying to circumvent that ban (Like Skull said, 5-10 keys? Really?), I gotta ask, and pardon me if someone else asked this and I didn't catch it, but what happens if you slip up again? What happens if you get banned again, for whatever scenario that might come up. Will the staff have to worry about any more accounts coming in?

I do not know what will happen when I will get banned again. I honestly do not wish to get banned from this server again, and I will keep trying to keep my emotions at bay, but if that will happen? Well, then I will pretty much say that I fucked up. I will probably peek at your server again if I will get a new computer, and that is not likely since I got a brand new computer two months ago, and my older box was at least five years old before I had to change it.

So yes, I can say that you would have to worry about it, but I can also safely say that you will have to wait a few years for that to happen. Usually I don't mean trouble while evading, but this time I got banned because I felt guilty from evading. It was just terrible, and I vented out to Skull132 about it before he banned me.

That is what I have to say, and I am being honest.

I do not know what will happen when I will get banned again. I honestly do not wish to get banned from this server again, and I will keep trying to keep my emotions at bay, but if that will happen? Well, then I will pretty much say that I fucked up. I will probably peek at your server again if I will get a new computer, and that is not likely since I got a brand new computer two months ago, and my older box was at least five years old before I had to change it.

So yes, I can say that you would have to worry about it, but I can also safely say that you will have to wait a few years for that to happen. Usually I don't mean trouble while evading, but this time I got banned because I felt guilty from evading. It was just terrible, and I vented out to Skull132 about it before he banned me.

That is what I have to say, and I am being honest.

That's... not exactly assuring, but I will definitely give you honesty points. A lot of people say they can control their emotions well, but on Aurora alone, I know that they often overestimate themselves. Now, I know "a few years" is a long time, but I'd appreciate not having a ticking clock, if you know what I'm saying. If you truly believe that you can control your emotions, could you promise to never every multikey again? Instead, be patient and take the appeal system, or move on with your time?

Eh, Blue. I know myself too well, I don't want to throw empty promises at you or others. No, I will not promise that I will never ever multikey again, but I can promise to TRY and NOT do that. I do not guarantee anything. I'd rather be honest than make you disappointed.

I've read most of this, though I have concentration issues and can't focus long enough to get through the longer posts. I get the drift though, and here is my input:

You need some friends here, people that you can role play with and who can introduce you to more people and so on. You need people to vouch for you, to stick up for you and who know you and your characters. When you want to stay invisible, this is virtually impossible. No one here means you ill, we are a community and try to build each other up. There is an element of trust, from both sides that needs to be expressed.

I'm offering myself as a hand, if you want it. If you want to PM me, we could chat and maybe hang out on Skype sometime. I'm not the most fantastic role player but I can hold my own and we could learn together if you want.

And I'm very very sure there are others here that would do the same if you only asked. This is a game, after all, and we are all here to have fun.

I've read most of this, though I have concentration issues and can't focus long enough to get through the longer posts. I get the drift though, and here is my input:

You need some friends here, people that you can role play with and who can introduce you to more people and so on. You need people to vouch for you, to stick up for you and who know you and your characters. When you want to stay invisible, this is virtually impossible. No one here means you ill, we are a community and try to build each other up. There is an element of trust, from both sides that needs to be expressed.

I'm offering myself as a hand, if you want it. If you want to PM me, we could chat and maybe hang out on Skype sometime. I'm not the most fantastic role player but I can hold my own and we could learn together if you want.

And I'm very very sure there are others here that would do the same if you only asked. This is a game, after all, and we are all here to have fun.

I appreciate that, but it will not help. I am just paranoid in the worst sense of the word. No matter how hard you will try, I will still think that you have a negative intent towards me. That is pretty much the shortest explanation I can give. And I did indeed receive support earlier as VTOL, to the point I received an item I have appealed for, but then I started getting retarded and there we are. But let me stop acting like a victim because I have some problems with my head, that is just a cheap way to get support, alright?