VTOL / Szablarzov

Thank you for this support that I probably do not deserve. I will try to improve like I said, but I will not promise that the multikeying will stop. I will try to, that will be for sure, and I will be happy to even take a long probation to check how will I do.

I'm here to play devil's advocate again.

My biggest issue with this, is that he has had chances. There is a point where you can't keep slapping somebody on the wrist and telling them "no, bad".

Sure, if he gets unbanned, and does it again, he can just get rebanned. Sure, that "works", but it would turn the process of a cycle of somebody being banned, requesting an appeal, being unbanned, and then banned again.

Is it a very nice thing to do? Of course not, but after a time there has to be a conequence to somebody's actions, and if a permeant ban is set in place, there probably is a good reason it's been left there.

I could highlight the two ban evades, but it will get nowhere besides "that was justified" or "that was no justified". What I will make note of, is the mention that you keep bringing up the fact that you /can't/ stop multikeying.

You state that you can't make a promise of not stopping, but will attempt to. That's all well and good, but admitting to the fact that you may still multikey, isn't very supportive in your cause. If you know it's hard for you to multikey, I'd suggest you wait until a time you know you would not multikey, if that should ever happen.

Just because you're being honest about multikeying being hard to stop, shouldn't mean you're void of the punishment that came with all the multikeying.

Think of whatever you might want, I have already said that I will not promise to multikey, but will try to stop it. Aurora is not the only server that I have ever done it, literally any other place on BYOND that has SS13 in it had me playing there and multikeying like crazy. It is not about avoiding the punishment, but about quickly changing my identity so people will not expect a thing.

If I will get unbanned, I shall create a new key, state here what name of the key is this and play as that key only if you want me to. Sure, it will be hard, but I can try! I also doubt that I have been punished more about multikeying than actual ban evasion, since all the time when I played on Aurora and multikeyed, admins had no problem with that. Or they just did not notice a thing. I also dunno about other people, I guess people have been permanently banned for going griefy as a baldhead scientist with ten bombs, but probably not because of being caught ban evading twice. Or thrice, I think.

For clarification purposes, the original bans were dished out due to a horribly offensive tangents over OOC and the forums. You were talked to roughly two, perhaps more, about controlling yourself, and still ended up banned for that reason. So there, the original reason on record.

As for banning ban evaders, we do that. And it's usually an immediate up to perma until appeared. See: Robotik.j

I can't think of a single server that I know anywhere that supports multikeying. On some places it's an immediate ban even if you did nothing else wrong. I honestly also cannot think of a legitimate reason to need to multikey. It smells/sounds like an excuse to me, more than anything.

For clarification purposes, the original bans were dished out due to a horribly offensive tangents over OOC and the forums. You were talked to roughly two, perhaps more, about controlling yourself, and still ended up banned for that reason. So there, the original reason on record.

As for banning ban evaders, we do that. And it's usually an immediate up to perma until appeared. See: Robotik.j

Yes, that is true, but have I acted horribly over OOC before that time I told you I evaded your ban over the BYOND pager? I think I have done nothing wrong.

And believe me, multikeying is supported on servers. As long as you do not multikey to evade jobbans/bans, you are allowed to multikey at your own discretion, even on Goons. There is no rule disallowing that from happening when you are not a repeated offender here.

Alrighty,

Convened with the other admins, and we have elected to offer you one more chance. Your call on accepting this, as you showed a potential shift of opinion at around page 2 of the thread.

Also, regarding multikeying. We used to lack decent means to track users who did it, but that situation has changed greatly. as long as different keys by the same user are not used to subvert warnings, job bans or bans, or play in one round using two instances of BYOND, swapping keys is permitted. Albeit discouraged, as it does make our job harder, and will cause an element of distrust to be added into the mix.

I am certainly accepting this outcome, that is what I appealed for anyway! Please PM me any possible limitations or demands you have towards me, for example probations or restrictions, if you have any in mind. I will also let you know of my key when I will create one, and I will promise that I will not fuck up again.

The conditions are rather simple:

Any behaviour akin to the outbursts that netted your original ban will more than likely end with you warned, and then, upon happening again, banned. At which point, an appeal is not going to work as easily.

And as long as you don't earn job bans, and bypass them with alternate keys, we should be fine.

Any admin is clear to lift the ban, and lock/archive the thread upon completion.