Banned For Not Using Cryo - Kihatomay

BYOND Key: Kihatomay

Staff BYOND Key: Cnaym

Game ID:  I have no idea how to match the game ID but I'd assume it was the latest round of last night so I think it's b5Z-ahav

Reason for complaint: Very late last night I kinda remember putting myself in an extremely low-traffic area to step away for what I expected was going to be a short time, only for it to drag out a long time. I'll explain why I was kept away from the computer if I have to, but I'd to point out that people AFK in the middle of the hallway, in medbay, in their chairs, and I at least was out of the way, I did not initially cryo because I expected to return shortly, but banning me permanently for that? I have made mistakes, but I've never gone out of my way to ruin a round or grief, nor been toxic in the community in any way. I have improved, and will continue to be better, I've shown that I will. I've rarely done things that could be considered LRP as far as I am aware. I've never ever ghosted in a locker, so this ban must be because I was completely disconnected, which is completely possible considering how long I ended up being AFK, my computer hates dreamseeker. I've seen people go full on disconnect (ghost has the same effect I guess) in the middle of hallways and even in medbay/other high traffick areas. I only even realized I was banned because I tried to play today about thirty minutes ago. I've made a real effort to improve, I had myself antag banned for a week to focus on the details of HRP without worrying about antagging at all, and to prevent any urges to antag. It worked out good, I've learned a lot about the forms I can use as my main characters, I learned more about species lore, and genuinely had no issues for a week, after I started playing antag again, I had a minor issue where one of six or seven people I turned into vampires during a vampire round didn't approve of the amount of RP there was before they were turned (the others had no issue and the general response to my latest antag round was positive as far as I know), but otherwise I've had no issues for an entire week, and I'm nearing the end of the big warning I received from Read earlier last month. I'm not being disingenuous, and I think that the records since the big warning should speak for it. I didn't ghost in a locker and try to rejoin the round, from the time I went AFK that round until that round ended I wasn't even able to get back to my computer, and I didn't expect that to happen. If I did, I would have definitely gone into Cryo as I've done many many times before. I don't have a track record of going SSD. I want to become a respectable member of the community.

Evidence/logs/etc:  image.png.b8ceef7a04dd6105f6b01807156a1761.png

Edited by Kiha

In this case the issue of logging out in a locker (70+ minutes, a small discord DM would have been enough to solve this or an ahelp ala "not sure if I can be back soon, please cryo me if I do not return.") itself, nor the fact that you made some small mistakes is not the reason why I banned you. The issue is that you do not stay out of trouble, nor have improved after a lot of promises of doing so. When we put a warning or ban on people it's always with information on how to avoid it in the future and why exactly this was placed on you. In this case I read through your notes, warnings and bans and just found a massive amount of them deeply disturbing. You got one from 29.1 saying to stop handing out warnings and notes but instead start banning since you already collected a large amount of both.

On the same day you got temp banned from antag, two days later you got temp banned from the server.

16.2 a warning clearly telling you that if you screw up within a month you'll be perma banned.

21.2 Temp banned for abusing malf powers after death and lying to staff

23.2 Asked for a week ban from antag, collected notes for abusive language in OOC and stripping a wizard instantly in that week

02.3 Warning for turning people into vampires without RP, once more saying that the next infraction will result in more than a warning.

That was a day before I applied the permanent ban and what brought us here. I have left out the notes between each of these events to not make the list even longer, but every time you told staff that you would improve, yet you do not seem to stay out of trouble for long, which is really concerning to me and the main reason why I invited you to the forums with the ban itself.

I did not have the thought cross my mind, I was dealing with a heated series of events in IRL that night and I was focused on that, I can't help that it happened, it did, but I'll focus on the rest as that seems more important.

The warning telling me I will be permabanned if I made a mistake in a month was an eye opener. And I went five days with no issues. I had begun my path towards 'redemption' I guess you can call it.

And then, on the 21st, I accidentally found a bug where you can use malf abilities post mortem. I did not 'abuse malf powers' I made an appeal about that situation clearly explaining what happened and even gave proof of why the second verb was activated. I didn't mean to activate it. Exactly in this order, I 1. clicked a malf ability after being dead because there's no reason it should be possible to do anything with your body after death, and changed the alert from green to red. When I realized this happened, I began to adminhelp about it but in merely seconds I was bwoinked and while rearranging my text boxes to reply to the admin message my mouse did an annoying glitch and stopped dragging the box and clicked several times as my mouse moved (I don't have the reaction time to instantly stop holding down my mouse left button before I realize it's stopped dragging a window) and immediately said 'Oops', making it more than obvious a mistake had been made, and then when I was asked why I did that, I explained it was a bug, and an accident. I was not believed. Instead, they assumed I was claiming both were 'misclicks'. There is an archived thread about this incident.

During the week of my antag ban I made significant changes to my playstyle. Abusive language in OOC is a stretch. A player was harassing others in OOC and I told them to "Ignore them, they're just being an asshole." Verbatim. I'm not a verbally abusive nor mean person, and that isn't what happened there.

Here is proof:

image.png.c8c3876e5c7e899a6a53749ce0574f4f.png

Furthermore I did not 'instantly strip' a wizard. Two wizards were extremely violent and were captured, I was caught up in that fight but managed to escape to medbay and they were also brought there in cuffs, and I began removing their costumes (which I now know is not cool, and it won't happen again), and made no argument other than explaining that I wasn't aware of the clothing mechanics of wizard. I still have never played wizard before to this day, and rarely have played wizard rounds.

As for the vampire note, you are not doing the note justice. I vampirized more than five people and there was a single player who took qualms with how I rped it. They were one of the last one's I embraced, and I explained that I had been setting up so much beforehand that was meant to help enhance the experience. This was taken instead as me 'skirting my responsibility to roleplay' which I agreed that it seemed to have ended up resulting in that for the final turned player. I learned from that mistake, and that won't happen again either. Everyone else claimed to enjoy the round, I'll point out, even though I completely understand that does not change the fact someone was unhappy with it.

Now, what really has been bringing me down and frustrating me is that there is this notion that I am not improving at all. I am. I can assure you I care, and I really do love this server and the community that is behind it. I wouldn't be trying to acclimate as much as I am if I wasn't genuine in my intentions. So, if you are willing to lift this ban, I will go out of my way to do better and show that I mean what I am saying here. The requested antag ban was a good start, but I really don't want it to be the end. I will meet any conditions requested if it means I can play on Aurora, please.

I will be very clear here. Your notes this years start at 16th of january. Since then, you got around 25 notes or so. Between the day you started and the day you got banned, it has been around 51 or so days. This is like, a note every two days. You were also warned and we gave you two temporary bans twice. You are being given A LOT of chances, and that is more than clear to you. Yes, you were permabanned for something small, but it when you take the big picture, it is not something small, it is the drop in the ocean that is being contained in a teacup that is your notes. I am sorry, but you deserve this permaban. But, this is your first perma, so you can still appeal and be given ANOTHER, likely final, chance.