Add a bar simulation to the holodeck

The holodeck has many uses. Training, entertainment, listening to the BattleMonsters song because nobody plays the buggy and broken card game.. But it's not really used often, in spite of it's central point in the station. I think adding a bar simulation to be a social area could remedy this. Or at least provide an interesting backdrop for security training.

Think about it, most people socialize in the bar, most fights happen in the bar. The bar is an important place, not for the station, but for the roleplay. Being able to simulate one even though there are no Bartenders would give a familiar place to go to and socialize. It'd also work good for a security training program, since they're often responding to barfights with varying degrees of violence. To top it all off, the holo-bar could also provide a bit of fun by adding a holo-jukebox to make the inevitable party a little more fun. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2020 at 19:33, Carver said:

I can't imagine drinking holographic liquor.

Who says it'd have to be holographic. I don't think it'd be unreasonable that a tank of the various drinks is stored somewhere off the holodeck and is fed through via piping. The equipment couldn't move because of this or would be disabled unless it is on the designated spot.

11 hours ago, William Murdoch said:

Who says it'd have to be holographic. I don't think it'd be unreasonable that a tank of the various drinks is stored somewhere off the holodeck and is fed through via piping. The equipment couldn't move because of this or would be disabled unless it is on the designated spot.

If you opt for this route, which may be difficult considering exactly how the holodeck generates - you (for better or worse) open up the door for many other types of 'usable' holodeck simulations such as a medical center or similar. When the holodeck starts becoming 'mechanical' then I'd argue it starts to lose some of it's charm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic