Staff Complaint - Warning Wording - Witchbells

BYOND Key: Codename_Bear

Staff BYOND Key: WitchBells

Game ID: b8b-arAn

Reason for complaint: Issues with the warning wording

Evidence/logs/etc: To cut the long and short of it I don't agree with the wording of my warning. It is worded:

"peddled toxic alcohol (a mix of fuel, rewriter, and gold) to several people on the crew during extended."

1. STIMM is not alcohol. Alcohol was not involved. (unless we want to count welding fluid)

2. I was not peddling it to crew. The merchant did.

I feel this would be better wording for the warning:

"Made a dangerous drink concoction and gave it to the merchant to sell and someone died because of this."

Additional remarks:

This is not a complaint against a warning or potential IC issues for my character for chem distribution like that. I accept that. I just want the wording to more accurately reflect what happened.

I also tried asking WitchBells about the wording of the warning via ahelp, but the ticket was closed.

Edited by Codename: Bear
I need to complain about my own wording too sometimes.

On extended I got a stupid idea to give a drug called STIMM to the merchant to sell. STIMM is 5 parts Rewriter (Even mix Space Mountain Wind and coffee) and 1 part Welder Fluid. I also decided to make up a newer version of it that was gold by mixing in some gold after asking others about it.

Now I've hear STIIMM could be dangerous but never saw it really hurt anyone. The merchant had a few bottles of it throughout the round. Another character drank I believe two bottles at once and had complete organ failure and died. Later friends of the deceased attack my character and their friend. I was a little salty and felt this was weird. I ahelp this mainly to make sure it's fine. WitchBells looked into and after some time found out about the STIIMM. Questioned me about it and gave me the warning.

As I've said I've got no problem with the warning: it is well earned and I will calm down with stuff like that. I just want the wording to better reflect what I actually did wrong.

The wording can certainly be changed. I will not be removing the details of the substance (calling it toxic, specifically), or the round type from the warning, and I will add it that it was done through the merchant.

I also apologize for calling rewriter alcoholic. Pretty dumb mistake, and I probably could've just doublechecked.

Hokay, verdict time.

STIMM is actually labled as a toxin code-wise, and even if dilluted with gold, still remains rather toxic as its damage to metabolism rate is 1.5:1 or so. STIMM itself is "A homemade stimulant with some serious side-effects." that relatively early into consumption tells you that this is bad, something is wrong, and you should probably reevaluate your immediate life choices.

Chugging two bottles of some unbranded drink, whatever it might be called, and then dying is very much on the person that died.

I will be expunging the warning as this was an IC issue, and close this complaint in about a day or so unless anyone have any other concerns.