ReadThisNamePlz Staffcomplaint - T0ky00

BYOND Key: T0ky00

Total Ban Length: 3 days apparently

Banning staff member's Key: I think his name is ReadThisNamePlz

Reason of Ban: Being rude and unruly in a ticket. You need to take a step back, and relax. Take these three days to do so. Learn from your mistakes, and come back ready to improve.

Reason for Appeal: This ban has been REALLY wrongly given to me because I literally did nothing wrong and try my best to be nice to that person but he kept acting like fucking hitler and threathening me like a fucking killed his mother by breaking one rule. He gave me a warning for attacking officers as a cultist, the whole cult has said that they are attacking, so i fucking did, I didn't realize I need to stop in front of them and beg them to shoot me before I can reach them with my sword. The warning is fine by me because sure, yeah we attacked without a warning but i LITERALLY played the cultist for the first fucking time in my life and he does that to me, it's really not fucking cool and he's giving me zero fucking slack for that. I tried my fucking best to do anything I can and yet I get banned because he sits on a high throne and can do anything he wants with a click of a button. It's really not fucking cool and I really hope someone can look into how this person organizes shit because what they did was really fucked. I get that he ban is only 3 days but why is there a ban in the first place. As I said, I am new, I am trying my best to stick to the rules, what the fuck am I supposed to do when I get issued a warning and then banned for being new?

T0ky00: literally my third time playing antagonist and i get a warning
  Karhast: Yeah it's alright man
  Karhast: It's really not your fault things get this restrictive
  Karhast: We can't win
  Karhast: We can try, but can't win
  T0ky00: best part is the warning says that he was afk and i couldve known if i rped it first
  Captain Gecko: tbh I don't know what the fuck happened I just jumped in the fray.
  Captain Gecko: home made guns are not very reliable
  Karhast: Should've made cult armor mate
  Karhast: Cult armor is very useful
  T0ky00: idek i wont even play antag anymore
  Karhast: :(
  T0ky00: getting warned for stupid stuff
  Karhast: NOBODY EVER DOES
  Karhast: IT'S THE SAME THREE PEOPLE PLAYING ANTAG EVERY ROUND
  Karhast: reeeeeeee
  Karhast: Gah.
  Karhast: Yeah I kinda hate this
  Karhast: Why even was incapacitation nerfed as much as it was?
  ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): Okay, so, if you guys have issues, you can ahelp or make complaints on the forums.
  ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): However, this is not the place to complain.
  Karhast: 'The gamemode is overnerfed, there is no way to force conversions, you can get entirely outed by one asshole screaming loud, there is nothing to do about any of this'
  Karhast: tl;dr: that
  ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): If you break the rules, you're going to be punished. So don't break the rules. That's all that is going to be said, don't continue complaining here.
  T0ky00: im a new playing
  T0ky00: player*
  T0ky00: you didnt need to give me an official warning like that
  T0ky00: when i told you this is my first time playing
ReadThisNamePlz has added themself to your ticket and should respond shortly. Thanks for your patience!
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: I told you to stop.
  Karhast: I genuinely think you could do with cutting us some slack here mate
You have been muted from AOOC.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: why are you like that?
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: if you have an issue with this, you can make a staff complaint found here on the forums. https://forums.aurorastation.org/forum/19-staff-complaints/
  to ReadThisNamePlz: i might as well since youre treating me like im a terrorist for breaking one rule since im new
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: If you break the rules, you get punished for it. The rules are there for a reason, you have access to them, ignorance is not an excuse to break rules.

[Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: Again, you're more than welcome to make the complaint, but I am standing firm in my ruling.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: dude i said im new, this is my first time playing the cultist
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: I understand that. But you still need to follow the rules, new or not. There is an entire section dedicated to Antagonists.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: dude I know, i'm trying my best
  to ReadThisNamePlz: i told you that this is LITERALLY my first time playing as a cultist
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: Then drop the attitude, and learn from your mistakes.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: WHAT ATTITUDE??? YOURE THE ONE WITH AN ATTITUDE!!
  to ReadThisNamePlz: youre literally treating me like fucking shit
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: You called me hitler. I've been nothing but respectful.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: RIGHT
  to ReadThisNamePlz: just fuck off and close the ticket
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: You can appeal this ban on the forums. 
  to ReadThisNamePlz: what ban

In my defense, I said "just fuck off and close the ticket" because I was really upset at the warning and I just wanted to continue playing the game, I didn't realize that people are so soft and fragile yet sit on such a high throne.

https://imgur.com/a/bDv6vJX <- the link to the screenshots of the chat, just to show I am not lying. Thanks.

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz

You were banned because of your attitude. 

I will cover a couple of things. 

What caught my attention was this - 

T0ky00: getting warned for stupid stuff

I explained it pretty clearly, you attacked an AFK officer. You didn't roleplay, logs prove this, and you didn't provide any escalation to justify this sort of action, because yes in some cases wordlessly killing is okay- if the round progresses to that point. Usually like Code Red, multiple dead, being shot on sight, etc. However, in this case, it was no where near that sort of situation. So, I warned you for it. It's hardly "stupid". 

ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): Okay, so, if you guys have issues, you can ahelp or make complaints on the forums.
  ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): However, this is not the place to complain.

I said this after seeing what you said in AOOC, because Antagonist Out of Character chat is not meant for this kind of talk. You have tools at your disposal to get your frustration out, such as complaints on the forums. So I informed you all of this. 

I planned to leave it at that.

ReadThisNamePlz(Secondary Admin): If you break the rules, you're going to be punished. So don't break the rules. That's all that is going to be said, don't continue complaining here.
  T0ky00: im a new playing
  T0ky00: player*
  T0ky00: you didnt need to give me an official warning like that
  T0ky00: when i told you this is my first time playing

Then as I was responding to Karhast, you brought this up. Again, not the place. Especially after I said to stop. 
I opened the ticket with you, to discuss this behavior.

[Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: I told you to stop.

I made a statement, which was true. Could I have worded it differently? Yes, I'm sorry if it upset you or made it seem like I am on a "high horse". However; anyway you cut it? I did not insult you, or do anything really to deserve the language and attitude I received from you. 

to ReadThisNamePlz: why are you like that?
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: if you have an issue with this, you can make a staff complaint found here on the forums. https://forums.aurorastation.org/forum/19-staff-complaints/
  to ReadThisNamePlz: i might as well since youre treating me like im a terrorist for breaking one rule since im new
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: If you break the rules, you get punished for it. The rules are there for a reason, you have access to them, ignorance is not an excuse to break rules.

[Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: Again, you're more than welcome to make the complaint, but I am standing firm in my ruling.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: dude i said im new, this is my first time playing the cultist
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: I understand that. But you still need to follow the rules, new or not. There is an entire section dedicated to Antagonists.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: dude I know, i'm trying my best
  to ReadThisNamePlz: i told you that this is LITERALLY my first time playing as a cultist
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: Then drop the attitude, and learn from your mistakes.

You proceeded to ask "Why are you like that" and continued to be rather rude, and heated. You had a bad attitude, I called you out on it because I do not need to sit here and be berated. I treated you with respect. I never once cursed at you, insulted you or berated you. So again, how do you justify this?

to ReadThisNamePlz: youre literally treating me like fucking shit
  [Secondary Admin PM] ReadThisNamePlz: You called me hitler. I've been nothing but respectful.
  to ReadThisNamePlz: RIGHT
  to ReadThisNamePlz: just fuck off and close the ticket

Right here is where I decided to escalate to a temporary ban.
The complaint you've presented proves why I've banned you. You've insulted me even more now. 

You need to calm down man. 
Also, I'm not a man. It's not a big deal, but let it be known for future reference. 

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz

I understand that you have a community to uphold but if you warn me officially, instead of just going "Hey man that really wasn't cool, can you please be careful and not do this?" instead of slapping on a warning on me and making me look like someone who is most likely going to do it again (which I would not, I have told  you this when you first messaged me in game, I told you I am new and I told you I made a mistake and that I did not want to escalate it any further). Despite me talking about it with you in the ahelp, you decided to pause the game for me and other other cultists by giving me a warning and seriously ruining my mood and my opinion on your server. I am really sad because of that and triggered because I will be seen as someone who has disrespected the community with that warning, I don't want that and you put it on me.

I would've completely understood you giving me a warning if i INTENTIONALLY did something stupid, which in this case, I did not know that I was supposed to roleplay when the other cultist members said that we are attacking, as i said before many times.

Literally the only reason anything got further escalated is because of that warning which was very un-needed...

I respect you and what you do for the community but it really pains me to see when someone feels so unbothered by ruining someone's experience just by a click of a button and writing some text about scolding me for being a bad girl. It's not fun to read nor is it fun for other admins to see if when i contact them in the future, right?

It makes me look like a troll and an idiot.

I apologize for my insults and cursing, I do have bipolar and I really try my best not to let it out like  that. I hope you understand where I am coming from and why I think this ban and the warning weren't needed.

I want to keep playing on the server because I enjoy it. I want to be a part of the community, so please do try to understand me...

3 minutes ago, t0ky00 said:

I understand that you have a community to uphold but if you warn me officially, instead of just going "Hey man that really wasn't cool, can you please be careful and not do this?" instead of slapping on a warning on me and making me look like someone who is most likely going to do it again (which I would not, I have told  you this when you first messaged me in game, I told you I am new and I told you I made a mistake and that I did not want to escalate it any further). Despite me talking about it with you in the ahelp, you decided to pause the game for me and other other cultists by giving me a warning and seriously ruining my mood and my opinion on your server. I am really sad because of that and triggered because I will be seen as someone who has disrespected the community with that warning, I don't want that and you put it on me.

I would've completely understood you giving me a warning if i INTENTIONALLY did something stupid, which in this case, I did not know that I was supposed to roleplay when the other cultist members said that we are attacking, as i said before many times.

Literally the only reason anything got further escalated is because of that warning which was very un-needed...

I respect you and what you do for the community but it really pains me to see when someone feels so unbothered by ruining someone's experience just by a click of a button and writing some text about scolding me for being a bad girl. It's not fun to read nor is it fun for other admins to see if when i contact them in the future, right?

It makes me look like a troll and an idiot.

I apologize for my insults and cursing, I do have bipolar and I really try my best not to let it out like  that. I hope you understand where I am coming from and why I think this ban and the warning weren't needed.

I want to keep playing on the server because I enjoy it. I want to be a part of the community, so please do try to understand me...

I do understand, however being angry doesn't justify your actions. 

Also, warnings and all staff actions are confidential among-st staff, unless you choose to dispute it, or talk about it on your own. 
You'll have to wait for a primary admin, or headmin to handle the rest of this complaint. 

I've said my piece, and there's not much else to add for it. Have a good rest of your day :)

• 3 weeks later...