Zyrus0's Command Whitelist application

BYOND key: Zyrus0

Character names: Adrian Holmes: Paramedic.

Cypher Paiyo: Atmos Tech

Ezekiel Nasir: Security Officer.

Tyler Sirek, Roboticist.

Desmond Methews: Shaft Miner.

Javier MacLean: Rhetoric/VOID

Jack Carlson: Captain-potential.

Jeffrey Koren: HoP-potential, eventually

Scott Radu: Cargo Tech/Quartermaster

Paxton Riker: CSI

Christopher Barboza: Chemist

Kale Weeter: Surgeon-to-be

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

On and off for almost a year.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

Because I think I can do well with coordinating players and making rounds fun for the other players. I have a leadership oriented personality and try to maintain HRP.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

I server hopped a lot during my first week, but most of them I came across had no concept of immersion or context. I'm not against killing as an antag, but I am against pure murder from the start of the round without even an attempt at a story, and Aurora seems to fit that mentality.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

I read the wiki a LOT, and still reference it for a lot of things.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

A couple warnings about changeling and vampire play. I tend to react without talking if I see an opportunity to advance an antag agenda, and I'm working on that.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplaying is a collaborative narrative experience designed for escape out of ourselves to step into the shoes of other characters for a while. This can mean many things to many people, but at it's core is fulfilling an escapist desire. The point of any of this is to have fun not being ourselves, and I think Aurora accomplishes that well enough that I want to stick around. Sometimes, we just want to play a shaft miner and keep out of the troubles of the station. Sometimes, you want to play an engineer and find solutions to problems in creative ways.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

Coordination of IC actions and consequences, and making sure things run smoothly and in a fun manner. If there are new players, make sure they get instruction (if possible) so they can integrate into the community, . It's your job to make sure your department is having fun, and that players aren't left out of the loop if at all possible.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Ensure a round runs smoothly for your department if at all possible. Mentor new players to the best of my abilities. Give the narrative a chance to unfold without trying to shut things down with OOC knowledge. Killing has a place in stories, but mass murder because you can? Those sorts of stories tend to just devolve. That being said, it's our job to maintain crew cohesion, and deal with rogue elements who refuse to follow IC legal commands.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

I've been reading the lore on the wiki slowly but steadily, and have recently participated in a couple events. I am not aware of recent history though, as there no sections for that on the wiki. Point me to a source for it, and I will be happy to read it.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Head of Security and Captain.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Ezekiel Nasir for Head of Security. Jack Carlson for Captain.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I've been roleplaying on and off in various mediums, games, and tabletops for about fifteen years now. I've run tabletops, played as a character on tabletops, and played on persistent roleplay servers in the past for years without serious issues (excepting the trolls that just try to burn everything around them). So far this server seems fairly stable, and I am happy to bring my own experiences and time to making a fun collaborative experience for both myself and others. In short, I think my roleplaying is fairly good, once I've settled to a new place.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

I am very aware, and would expect such if I screw up badly. I am not perfect. I'm a fast learner, but I am not perfect.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

I've read them. I'm fairly good about communication, so I think I'd do well with it.

Extra notes:

I'm just about a year old to Byond and SS13 in general now, and returning to Aurora after a couple months hiatus, but I bring a wealth of experience from other mediums and I'm a quick learner.

Edited by Zyrus

I've been around a couple rounds each day, but given no one is willing to vouch for me yet again (I can't say I blame anyone, this community seems to be fairly established and few willing to talk outside their cliches), you're going to be waiting a while for that.

On 23/09/2020 at 12:30, Zyrus said:

(I can't say I blame anyone, this community seems to be fairly established and few willing to talk outside their cliches)

I've been watching Zyrus for a while now, and I don't think the lack of feedback is really an issue of "cliches" or cliques, but of Zyrus being middling average, or just generally rude, when speaking OOCly. I don't think they would be able to do command very well.

I can be standoffish when it comes to opinions OOC, but that doesn't affect me IC. Everyone here can be accused of being guilty of being opinionated at one point.

Lack of feedback for the last few days is due to RL getting my time. I've been playing again.