Entora's Unban Request

BYOND Key: Entora

Total Ban Length: Perma

Banning staff member's Key: Skull132

Reason of Ban: Terrible attitude, chucklefuckey behavior

Reason for Appeal: This is literally one of the worst bans I've ever received. I was minding my business as an assistant in the HoP line, when some animal creature got in the line below me. So logically I tell the HoP it's a furry and that it doesn't belong. The creature humanoid thing then started to grab me aggressively, so I pushed him over and ran. I then recieved a message from the wonderful Skull132 saying "Hello". So it was clear to me that I'm going to be asked some BS question or reprimanded even though the situation was completely legitimate for the most part- which happens to me a ton with Aurora admins mind you- even though the other party did not request. I told him that I wasn't griefing and I think that he should stop trying to be a detective and just let people play the game. He then said "Yeah, but you're chucklefucking" "Have done so in the past here, so I'll just ban you now". I have no idea what he was referencing, probably something from months ago. Then, this happened

PM to-Skull132: What the fuck is chucklefucking

Head Developer PM from-Skull132: Read our rules, you'd know.

(I checked, literally no reference to this)

Because apparently telling an admin that he should kindly fuck off and stop trying to be a detective before anything even happens so everyone can enjoy the game is against the rules.

11/10

Last round, you hacked into (tried to, regardless) Engineering as an assistant and non-antag. This round, you took hacking supplies, and proceeded to romp around the station until you found yourself infront of the HOP's office. At which point, you asked, in all caps, mind you, for "all access". You were denied. You then asked for, again in all caps, for "all of maintenance (access)". Denied. A Tajaran showed up. Whom you then started calling (in all caps) a furry. At that point I contacted you to get an idea for why exactly you figure such conduct to be acceptable on a heavy roleplay server.

Needless to say, we didn't get that far. Your replies were rather unnecessarily aggressive, and frankly disrespectful. So I simply banned you based on the fact that your conduct is not becoming of a member within our community.

Further more, you had 3 notes prior to this. The first of which cites lying to staff. The last one prior to this incident, made yesterday, cites a rude attitude towards members of staff. A quick assessment of the situation made it quite clear that you did not take your chat with Conspire yesterday seriously, and had little intentions of actually roleplaying as per our expectations. So, here we are.

If you read the rules that someone similar to yourself had to create, they don't mention me not being able to hack into engineering and do nothing malicious except pick up some gloves so I can go hide on the mining station so I don't get nuked.

I came here to roleplay and if you don't like how I do it then change your rules because I was following them.

Enforce rules, not your morals.

Right, i'm going to go out and say you're a troll who is wasting the time of the admins with dealing with you because you're some form of manchild who wants attention.

I was minding my business as an assistant in the HoP line, when some animal creature got in the line below me. So logically I tell the HoP it's a furry and that it doesn't belong.

If you bothered to actually read the lore and rules, you'd know that's a Tarjaran.

If you read the rules that someone similar to yourself had to create, they don't mention me not being able to hack into engineering and do nothing malicious except pick up some gloves so I can go hide on the mining station so I don't get nuked.

Right, no. That's not how things work here. See, that's called powergaming and metagaming. That is not roleplay.

I came here to roleplay and if you don't like how I do it then change your rules because I was following them.

Enforce rules, not your morals.

What you did wasn't roleplay. What you do is not roleplay.

Go back to /TG/ or whatever hole you climbed out of.

You quite obviously are ignoring the words, in all capital letters, no less, at the top of the damn screen, that say HEAVY ROLEPLAY.

Of course, you most likely don't care.

Please.

Go back to under whatever bridge you crawled out from under.

The rules already speak out against your behaviour:

-Don't be a dick. We're all here to have fun, not fight and argue with assholes. Don't ruin the game for everyone else, and use common sense.

-If you are contacted by an admin, you are expected to reply, and communicate clearly and in good will. Failure to reply or disrespect towards admins may be grounds for a ban.

-Do not break the atmosphere of the game. Also known as 'breaking immersion'. For example, using slang terms for antagonists IC "traitor", "rev", "cultist", "syndie", "wizard","changeling", etc. Use of OOC game slang IC, "robust", "shitcurity", "emag", "esword".

Regardless, I maintain that my ban was valid. Your conduct here is further evidence of that (need I mention that my simple, "Hello," how I usually initiate every other admin-player conversation, resulted in you telling me to kindly go fuck myself?). Appeal is left open for other staff to review as they have the inclination to do so. Should nothing come of it, or this derail into some place awful, it'll be locked tomorrow.

I didn't say to fuck yourself, I said to fuck off, because if nobody reported me then there is no issue. I know that it's not a furry, but my character might just be an idiot. I didn't use any slang terms or break the immersion. And I wasn't a dick until you started being one to me.

I didn't say to fuck yourself, I said to fuck off, because if nobody reported me then there is no issue. I know that it's not a furry, but my character might just be an idiot. I didn't use any slang terms or break the immersion. And I wasn't a dick until you started being one to me.

He said "Hi"

You responded with "Fuck off"

That's being a dick.

Reading your appeal and the responses you given to Skull, I have to side with this on not lifting the ban.

You have little to no reason to be rude. Your general tone from what I had seen is one of compete goading. You shown insolence for telling Skull to "fuck off" after a they tried to approach you with a simple greeting. There was no need for you being offensive.

Edit: Even then, telling someone to "chill" because they pmed you to ask you what was going on is rude. It's the staff's job to make sure that issues like these are sorted out. You just happened to get on the offense, and landed yourself into this situation.

I said it more nicer than just "Fuck off"

I wasn't purposely trying to be a dick, I was telling him he should lay off a bit because it comes off in the wrong way

You were a dick. A massive dick. You never tell an admin to "fuck off," no matter what language you're using to do it. This is not a democracy. You have no rights. You have rules to follow, and a community that tries its best to accommodate you, but will only bend so far for someone who's a massive dick. The admins and developers, and the community as a whole owe you nothing.

They don't owe you a goddamn thing.

So take that high-and-mighty attitude of yours and go somewhere else where they don't mind being treated like shit.

Your attitude is beyond rude during this entire thread.

I don't know what you think heavy holeplay consists of, but your actions don't seem like you have a good grasp on the heavy roleplay aspect. You may want to consider a medium roleplay server instead, seeing as another other heavy roleplay server will respond to you with similar remarks.

Also, you stated that you said "fuck off" but then you said it said it nicer? What? Either you said it one way or you didn't.