Jackboots IPC app

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

BYOND Key:

Jackboot

Character Names:

Houssam Jawdat, Buthaynah Jawdat, Sirasairot Uaekis, Greg Ryan, Muhammad Hamil, and a few minors.

How long have you been playing on Aurora:

Since the tides were low upon Europa; about a year.

Species you are applying to play:

IPC.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Any combination of red white and blue.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:

Weeee don't really have a full one yet. But one is almost done, I promise.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

IPC's or Integrated Positronic Chassis, seem like an absurdly fun race to play. Due to the combination of their AI brains and a lack of true lawsets, they're very open-ended. IPC's can be eccentric and embody the fun, light-hearted side of character creation and development. Or do a 180 and be extremely dark and brooding; the possibilities are as limitless as the game rules and imagination. I've been fascinated with watching how IPC's are played, but until now haven't made a reason to actually apply for one because I never developed a character idea, except for now.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

IPC's aren't human in any sense of the word. The expectations are entirely different. They don't portray genuine human emotion or knee-jerk reactions. Their personality and behaviours stem from their programming; it can be complex and seem real, but it's still a mobile AI. The idea of them being genuinely sentient is debated, so for many this all counts as sentience.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?

This is a repeat of the first question I never got around to changing for these whitelists, but I never changed it for anyone else so I'll answer it too.

I've enjoyed watching IPC characters behave and interact with people on the station, and seeing how their quirky personalities lead to fun rounds. I want to create one myself, in a way that I can play through the different perspective and style of an IPC character.

Character Name:

Eagle One

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

The Mendell City Museum of American History was the home for Eagle One for a century before its closing. He was a moderately popular exhibit, entertaining tourists and visitors with his animatronic body that each week represented a different US president. He beguiled the tourists with tales of the president he was personifying, in-character, while giving them famous quotes and pantomiming scenes with other unseen actors. His career went well until the "Caning of 2355", where when personifying Andrew Jackson he whacked a tourist on the head with his cane when dramatically acting out Jackson's bellicose argument for the Indian Removal Act. The woman filed charges against the museums which were dropped, but Eagle One was nonetheless shuffled into a back-room for years before management felt comfortable enough to put him back out on display.

He spent his time in storage surfing the Extranet and learning more about the outside world. His programming understood little of what he saw, but upon discovering political history sites, he began to pour his interest into them. He had been programmed with presidents only up to Madelyn Roosevelt of 2024, and knew nothing more of the world. His long time of solitude gave him time to really study the men (and later, women) he was personifying. The decisions made by these men has a real impact outside his imagined actors, with real people having been impacted in both the good and the bad. Through his learning, he gained knowledge of the outside world bit by bit.

Even as time went on, and the museum became abandoned and maintained only by its only other autonomous inhabitant Shaw until shortly before the day of its demolition, when he was forced out of solitude into the world he had learned from studying for so long. Emerging outside to face Shaw, the first words that came out of his dusty, unused speakers were:

"Andrew Jackson took office on March 4, 1829. I think I'd like to leave now."

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I'm pretty good, I guess.

Notes:

Guest Marlon Phoenix
Is there more to the backstory? It appears to cut off. I'm interested in reading more, as he sounds like an interesting character. What role would he be put into? I could see a librarian or other civilian role, perhaps.

... Woops, the draft didn't save... EVERYONE STOP READING UNTIL I FIX IT

EDIT:

ok I got it

Is there more to the backstory? It appears to cut off. I'm interested in reading more, as he sounds like an interesting character. What role would he be put into? I could see a librarian or other civilian role, perhaps.

... Woops, the draft didn't save... EVERYONE STOP READING UNTIL I FIX IT

You can't tell me what to do! I'm going to read the whole thing! Muahahaha!

On a more serious note, +1 while I'm posting again. Despite being incomplete, I'm still happy with how it looks, and we could use a few more interesting characters around the station. While I may not agree with everything you say OOC, I'm consistently impressed with your IC roleplaying ability, and I'm sure this character will be a welcome addition to the server. Hope to see them soon!

Guest Marlon Phoenix
But wow seriously is it me or are most IPC's nationalistic tourist attractions? My original idea for Kingsley was a royal palace guard but I felt it would be too similar. Kovner is a Russian antique. Damn we all think too alike

The character is made to be in conjunction with Aqy's character Shaw. They're from the same museum; not every single IPC can have a unique special background lest they not be 100% original. :P

But wow seriously is it me or are most IPC's nationalistic tourist attractions? My original idea for Kingsley was a royal palace guard but I felt it would be too similar. Kovner is a Russian antique. Damn we all think too alike

The character is made to be in conjunction with Aqy's character Shaw. They're from the same museum; not every single IPC can have a unique special background lest they not be 100% original. :P

I know it is. It just made me think we have tons of old protectrons roaming the station.

While I am unsure about how long positronics have been on a fully functional level. And I hold reservations about American patriotism. I have no doubt that Jackboot could roleplay this character well as well as any other IPC he could think to create. So as long as at no point it shouts "U S A! U SA!" or attempt to quote an amendment in its defence. You have my +1