[Denied] Rotharia's Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Rotharia

Character Name(s): Ka'Akaix'Dax C'thur, Floating Among Stars Without Number, Apogee, PLEX, Victrix

AI Name(s): Proteus

Discord username: Rotharia#6158

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

When are you on Aurora?: Almost all day, only taking small breaks here and there.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: 5+ years.

How long have you played on Aurora: As of today, I first logged on 778 days ago and have been playing off and on since, though I have recently started playing very consistently.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I have fairly extensive knowledge of the mechanics. I have played all jobs and positions at one point or another though a few things do still elude me, those being advanced atmospheric techniques and integrated circuits. Everything else I feel I have a solid grasp on.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: I have been an administrator for two previous servers of fair size, (Both the original Apollo station and it's reboot), while there I frequently engaged in duties that would fall to a moderator due to the way our staff structure operated. I also frequently ran in-game canon events though I do not expect this to be a part of this moderator position.

Have you read through the criteria thread and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why: I have never been banned.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play SS13 because there is simply no other game available that combines deep and interesting mechanics and a rich and enjoyable roleplay experience. The sense of community that this niche little game fosters is unlike any other and I would happily say it is my favorite game of all time, both for the game itself and the memories it has made.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I chose Aurora because of it's high-quality of RP and it's consistent updates to their code-base. I found a home here after my last server shut down and I've never considered moving. Aurora is handily the best managed and thought through HRP server available. The community that surrounds it is second to none and I would like to think I have made more than a couple of friends since joining.

What do moderators do?: Moderators enforce the rules and maintain the peace of the server, minor infractions should be dealt with by them while leaving major decisions to the administrators.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means that you are expected to have a good knowledge of the rules, be fair, be considerate, and strive to create a better environment for everyone.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I would like to give back to the server that has given me literal years of enjoyment and an escape from reality, to be a part of something greater than myself, and work towards a better Aurora for everyone.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I am online frequently and feel that I'm fair when it comes to hearing all sides of a situation and viewing things from other points of view.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I handle confrontation fairly well, it takes a lot to get me heated and I often know to walk-away before I ever reach a boiling point.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

While I am by no means the most verbose person, I hope you can understand that my want is genuine and I encourage you to ask questions as to my character and any other doubts you may have about me. I am dedicated to this server, even if my writing skills need a bit of work. In addition, I neither work a job, nor attend a school, so the amount of time that I can put into the server is distinctly higher than others may be able to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alberyk changed the title to [Denied] Rotharia's Moderator Application
  • Alberyk locked this topic