Robert Dalton

BYOND Key: (This is your Byond Login/Ckey) Jamini

Player Byond Key: Valkrae

Reason for complaint: EXTREME metagaming, Excessive antag hunting, Completely killing a round, Playing a HOS who should by all means not be a HOS

Approximate Date/Time: 3/29/2015, 8:20

Round still in progress at time of report.

Dalton Did the following, as HOS, during a changeling round.

1. Heavily metagamed a transformation sting, attempting to handcuff an entire hallway of non-resisting crew-members for being nearby at all.

2. Charged into security, ignoring all medical and injury RP on an antagonist, to take them to the brig. Immediately permabrigged them on charges of 'transforming others' without proof of any form. Immediately killing any and all roleplay that was taking place in medical at the time.

3. Executed said prisoner, against orders, while they were helpless and still not resisting.

4. Proceeded, after the ling regenerated, to refuse any and all RP. Forcing the prisoner (still not resisting in any way) into a bag. Heavily metagaming ling powers to put them into xenobiology.

5. Essentially left the round antagonist in a straightjacket, in a xenobiology cell, alone.

This is just a small, small part of the metagamy, antagonist-hunting actions of this head of security. I see no reason why a head of security for NT would act in a manner so unbecoming, and their actions pretty much single-handedly killed most of the round progression. A head of security violating orders to THAT degree, and acting in such an EXTREME antagonist-hunting manner against a mostly peaceful antagonist in such a round destructive way... It simply screams a play to win attitude. At no point were any of these actions justifiable ICly, nor are they good for the health of the server.

I cannot express more greatly my disgust that this character, and this player, took.

As a note, faxes were sent saying if the xenos try to escape at all, they should kill it on sight, and to place it into xenobiology for research.

1, You were a massive security risk even when you weren't killing anyone, they can't have someone who can easily shapeshifting running about.

2, You were freed from said straightjacket later on.

1. He tried to escape when he was basically told he was going to get killed (More specifically, asked if he wanted to be killed rather than turned into a test subject, but I had Nasir panic instead) Mind, there was no feasible way for him to leave the execution chamber where he was being held.

2. The HOS left and was not in any way the one who removed the straightjacket. Which in and of itself was 100% needless. It was an escalation of force when there wasn't even any resistance to begin with.

3. Reporting him a "shapeshifting alien" in and of itself was EXTREMELY META. He had no proof of such a thing, except an entirely different crewmember doing entirely different things. As far as I know, he knew the following during the report.

-Stamos was able to, somehow, turn his arm into a weapon.

-People around Nasir were shapeshifting, including Dalton (after stunning Nasir while the latter was literally laying on the ground)

-Nasir himself was screaming in pain and shapeshifting.

There was really nothing linking the two, and Nasir was not resisting up until the point where Dalton basically said "I want to kill you rather than turn you over to science."

I was one of the people watching this incident unfold, and I really kind of thought it was unprofessional for a Head of Security to ignore orders from centcom. I'd also like to point out that given the nature of the station on which we all serve, unusual incidents like this should really be handled with a little more cooperation with the Science and Medical departments. I ended up joining by the time both lings were put into xenobiology, and overall found the entire situation a bit unprofessional on the side of most of the heads of staff and also a bit metagamey from both the HoS and HoP.

Having said that, I think this might be one of those situations that would be more appropriate as a situation report, than a player complaint, wouldn't it?

BYOND Key: (This is your Byond Login/Ckey) Jamini

Player Byond Key: Valkrae

Reason for complaint: EXTREME metagaming, Excessive antag hunting, Completely killing a round, Playing a HOS who should by all means not be a HOS

Approximate Date/Time: 3/29/2015, 8:20

Round still in progress at time of report.

Dalton Did the following, as HOS, during a changeling round.

1. Heavily metagamed a transformation sting, attempting to handcuff an entire hallway of non-resisting crew-members for being nearby at all.

2. Charged into security, ignoring all medical and injury RP on an antagonist, to take them to the brig. Immediately permabrigged them on charges of 'transforming others' without proof of any form. Immediately killing any and all roleplay that was taking place in medical at the time.

3. Executed said prisoner, against orders, while they were helpless and still not resisting.

4. Proceeded, after the ling regenerated, to refuse any and all RP. Forcing the prisoner (still not resisting in any way) into a bag. Heavily metagaming ling powers to put them into xenobiology.

5. Essentially left the round antagonist in a straightjacket, in a xenobiology cell, alone.

This is just a small, small part of the metagamy, antagonist-hunting actions of this head of security. I see no reason why a head of security for NT would act in a manner so unbecoming, and their actions pretty much single-handedly killed most of the round progression. A head of security violating orders to THAT degree, and acting in such an EXTREME antagonist-hunting manner against a mostly peaceful antagonist in such a round destructive way... It simply screams a play to win attitude. At no point were any of these actions justifiable ICly, nor are they good for the health of the server.

I cannot express more greatly my disgust that this character, and this player, took.

This is very wrong, as I didn't even think ICly it was a transformation sting. I wanted everyone detained so that no one went anywhere, because as far as I was concerned, it was a disease, and someone in that hallway was the source.

I had been contacted by the HoP, saying that your character was the source, as people in Medbay had been transformed. And then my own character had been trasnformed. I put you in perma so that I could hold you until we had further orders from the Odin.

Yes, I executed you. But you were /far/ from helpless. Not only did you chew your arm off to get out of the cuffs, but you attempted to disarm me once I came in to put you back in cuffs. So, far from helpless.

Refusing RP? What does that mean? Robert had dealt with two people with transformation abilities in that round, and had officers after the other. He was not about to let you out of cuffs, and bag so that you could assault him, his officer, and the Head of Personnel.

You were there for the Xenobiologists to experiment on you, which were the orders from Central Command. I had informed you this would happen, multiple times in fact.

It seems to me that this entire ordeal is simply a matter of the round antagonist being a tad upset after the round was over.

I see the explanations given thus far as fairly satisfactory. If people start mass-transforming out of the blue, having them isolated is not a terribly unreasonable idea, no? Furthermore, regarding the point of executing against orders, I understand that the faxes sent also instructed the heads of staff to have the changelings executed should they prove difficult to contain. Chewing your hand off feels like something that would fall under "difficult to contain".

I understand why the outcome of the round might prove frustrating, but I don't see any significant OOC issues with this currently.

Will leave this open for 24-48 hours for further input, otherwise, locking & archiving.