Incident Report - 07/09/2463

Reporting Personnel: Pierre Godard

Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Chief Medical Officer

Game ID: ccW-cJP9

Personnel Involved:

Jim Roebuck, First Responder - Offender.

Kathira El-Hashem, Investigator - Witness via video and performed an autopsy.

IRU-Sylvie, Security Officer - Witness, received the cadaver alongside Mister Roebuck.

Secondary Witnesses:

Rrhuyala Rrhakaslav'Karimi, Warden - Witness, presumably observed the neglect of duty too.

Logan Wright, Head of Security - Witness, he was informed via radio about my intentions to arrest Mister Roebuck, and might have more information regarding the mobilization of his men during the incident.

Time of Incident: 19:00

Real Time: Around 2 PM Central.

Location of Incident: Surface level.

Nature of Incident:
[ ] - Workplace Hazard
[ ] - Accident/Injury
[ ] - Destruction of Property
[X] - Neglect of Duty
[ ] - Harassment
[ ] - Assault
[ ] - Misconduct
[ ] - Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident: 

After a small and quiet shift, we received a report regarding a escape pod presumably downed by the Icarus. Because of the Security issue that this presented, Commander Logan Wright mobilized his men, while I expected Mister Roebuck to mobilize too. The survivor had suffered an injury and claimed to be bleeding, and was in a state of panic, so medical aid was required. However, Mister Roebuck, two hours after the shift, had not only failed to prepare a suit and a GPS in case of emergencies, despite a miner trusting him with their GPS tag, but his first instinct was to exit to the asteroid with nothing more but an emergency mask and a small oxygen tank, no bigger than those provided by the company to every one of their employees. I asked him to acquire proper EVA equipment instead, since his lack of protection was suicidal. While the survivor kept complaining about their pain over the radio, Commander Wright and I figured that, because of Mister Roebuck's lack of preparation, one of the automata available was to be send instead. The android quickly complied, with its GPS ready with the coordinates indicated. Suffice is to say that this was not the ideal situation, however, as its module was an engineering one and the chassis was never meant for the vacuum of space. Nevertheless, the machine timely rescued the injured party, having to use a chair instead of a roller bed because its lack of rescue resources.

While both Security and Roebuck were expecting the injured man to arrive, I staged inside our medical department at first, until Mister Roebuck failed to respond my hails demanding an update of the situation. Ultimately, I decided to arrive myself, only to find a blood bath and a cadaver dragged around. It is not much that Mister Roebuck failed to carry the patient to the roller bed, but rather that he failed to provide any care at all, deciding not to stop his bleeding or provide any medicaments, which led to his dismiss. While some might argue that the situation was already too grim because of the non-ideal rescuing conditions, our modern medicine can work miracles that would have once been thought impossible. Because of the nature of the survivor's injuries, I could determine at first glance that nothing more but a blood IV, which Mister Roebuck should have carried, basic chemicals which were both prepared and are available to dispense from every vendor within our department, and more importantly, the means of sealing the wound, which were provided too late as seen by the blood all over the floor. Immediate witnesses can testify that Roebuck himself simply 'stared' at the man in pain, and did not act until it was too late. The autopsy later confirmed this too, with the grave injury of the broken ribs as a result of a post-mortem attempt of CPR by the first responder.

While I called for the arrest of Roebuck, I ultimately not know if this occurred, as the shuttle had arrived almost immediately after that and I was kept busy inside the morgue room with Miss El-Hashem, where we both worked together to understand the situation better. It pains me to have done so, as I am often more than welcome to help those in training and of recent certification, such as Mister Roebuck (who completed his courses a couple of months ago), however, there is no excuse for the lack of action he presented, which led to a completely avoidable death. I file this report in fear, mostly, that in a future any crewmember suffers an injury similar or greater than this, as I do not wish for every medical emergency to become a fatality on board the Aurora.

Submitted Evidence:

83RHAAp.png?width=211&height=472

IMAP1pD.png?width=402&height=473

Would you like to be personally interviewed?: 
[X] - Yes
[ ] - No

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: I discussed the matter with Commander Wright, my colleague, however time was not enough for a resolution to take place.

Actions taken:

Additional Notes: This was an extended round and the surivor was not a burglar. I hold my beliefs that this could have been prevented, as inaprovaline and perconol alone can work miracles. While I was not on the surface, if the survivor was asystole at the moment of his arrival it was, most likely, because of paincrit. The minor heart damage will not bump oxygenation over 75% ish or so, but a single fracture and an open wound that sealed (albeit too late) should never be the cause of death for any player.

Edited by Desven
fixed the title
  • Desven changed the title to Incident Report - 07/09/2463

TO: Pierre Godard, Chief Medical Officer, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 12-01:36-TAU CETI STANDARD-07-2463

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO:  Pierre Godard, Chief Medical Officer, NSS Aurora
--------------------
BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to Saul Walker (abigbear).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.
--------------------
DTG: 13-01:08-TAU CETI STANDARD-7-2463

• 2 weeks later...

TO:  Pierre Goddard, Chief Medical Officer, NSS Aurora

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals. 

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 23-00:11-TAU CETI STANDARD-07-2462

• Bear locked this topic