Swat43's Head whitelist App.

BYOND key: Swat43

Character names: Fortune Bloise, Recker Masan, Nydia King

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I do not actually know. I think it is no eight months? But i do remember joining somewhere around August or September.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: To prove my self that i can be reasonable and can reach new level of entertainment to myself and for the others and of course, proving my self that i have become better at something, and this may as well be one these things. Everything an experience, and i wish to experience this.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Long story short, i roleplayed on one server, until i realised that not the people or the server was bad, but the admins on how the treat their player base was. They started to show how big of a genitals they had rather then being more reasonable, and try to improve community. I even told them they will get worse if they won't change their attitude, so i left them, because i knew, that place was no longer home, and founding Aurora was actually like needle in a hay stack. I searched through five servers for a place to call well, not like house, but a nice start and place to settle down.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes, even to this day i still use BS12 wiki to help myself improve.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:It's an experience you make for others. I think of roleplay as a game where, sometimes you are actually in real life. You are you, and you will act like yourself in real life, and you make impresions of yourself, and this game rewards you of your own progress, how well you do it, and how real you are. Punishments are reward to, to remind you, that you actually done something wrong, so it drives you to change it, or maybe improve being such a character that maybe fails or just being a butt hole. When you roleplay, even as some one else, you are you, and you will have that small part of you inside the character, which you can improve.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:HoS (Head of Staff), is and will always be the one that makes impact on new players or existing players of any deparment through their actions. They are a symbol, a mark for those that seek and expect from them only the best, and know where to go to for a piece of advice and help when the most need arises.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Everyone was once a starter. So was i. I learned the things from the best, observed and asked questions. As a whitelist, it is our duty to keep this circle going, by being helpful towards others, giving examples, giving them a chance, and notifying them what is wrong and what's not. Whitelisted person also must know that even if you are a head of staff, you are also that small part that helps community to build better roleplay, improve it and teach it to those who have nearly to none or some experience of it.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Fortune Bloise

Character age: 31

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Fortune Bloise.. A mechanic, a syntetic Doctor, a person seeking meaning. twelve years after her graduation on Lowel city she had always wondered, what makes the person happy. Was it a good music taste, a hobby, or just.. simply living the human life? This thought sometimes always bothered her, when ever she took her daily stroll through her favorite park in her city during midnight, watching the stars deep in her thoughts.

Her thoughts always changed from one to another always finding answers to these questions she sometimes gets in her head. Her whole time since she got applied to Liandri corp, her time was nothing but sketching and presentations of her new found ideas towards syntetics. It was a rather tiring job, as she usually always ends up in her bed, sleeping like a dead person, but overall she enjoyed it, since she has also met good friends at her job, and sometimes they all go a nice underground bar full of life and discuss events on what's happening in their lives.

One day on a nice sunny weekend she was taking a small walk to keep her mind calm, untill she stumbled upon a nice vacant office, on which a random idea popped in her head. After multiple calls and deals, she bought the small vacant office and started outfitting it with numerous tools, and items. The whole office at her disposal for a nice "official" syntetic hospital was finished, and she made small posters of this place for syntetics in needs of repairs or other examinations. At this point, Fortune knew what she always wanted to be.

What do you like about this character?: I like her, because she reflects me in a way. I feel me when ever i play her, because i have maybe put a lot of effort into this one character. But that is only an OOC reason. ICly, she finds answers in what she is looking for or have questions for. She is sometimes not ashamed when asking personal questions, which she has come across.

What do you dislike about this character?: Sometimes she likes to be in her lab, and doesn't talk a lot to people, mainly due to reason that she has nothing to talk about to, or she will feel out of place. She never likes risks in her life.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?: She has a lot of experience in Research and she is willing to learn things for her own interests and to help sharing this information towards anyone else through out her department.

Why?: As mentioned earlier, everything has a start or everyone has a start at something. Helping them reach the end of the line of this information, it is appriciated to help the newcomers get up to speed, and not make them feel awkward due to things they may not know.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: It really depends. I wouldn't ever say it is perfect. But nor is it bad that people would want to saw me with circular saw and dispose of me like a trash... So that is nice and keeps me going. It's from exceptionaly good, and of course, i am thriving to improve it if necesary.

Extra notes: I love you bby's. No but really, i have nothing to add.

I'm pretty sure I've been playing with Swat since I started (which means you've been playing more than 8 months), and (Edit) he's been amazing at RP with Fortune Bloise every time I've been grumpy old Julia Mary. (Edit)He is an outstanding player and definitely deserves to be head.

+1

Edited by Guest

Well, i know Swat a long. Fortune Bloise is really interesting character, for example she is smart, she knows her job very well. If we have nuke ops round and If we have a miner and Bloise as robotics then we will have 2 mechs before Nuke ops could start their messing)). Also this character like to comment someone and to say thing in literally. Also Fortune was the only one who notice that Leonardo was missing for month. i would say +1

Alright, I have concerns about Fortune. Now, I haven't interacted with her in quite some time, so pardon me if she's developed beyond what I'm going to say. But, last time I checked, Fortune was a loose canon, moderately immature, and always using mechs for the wrong reasons (i.e., gankging hostage takers)

How has Fortune improved since then? How can I be assured she is a competent head of staff?

Alright, I have concerns about Fortune. Now, I haven't interacted with her in quite some time, so pardon me if she's developed beyond what I'm going to say. But, last time I checked, Fortune was a loose canon, moderately immature, and always using mechs for the wrong reasons (i.e., gankging hostage takers)

How has Fortune improved since then? How can I be assured she is a competent head of staff?

Are you sure that wasn't a round with AutoTraitor?

I cannot deny on what you commented on my roleplay abilities with Fortune in your experience, and i agree with you, she was like a loose canon and wasn't at her best. It was.. i think months ago, a long time ago according to my calculations. At that time, i was still fresh to the server and i tried to blend in, quiet... clumsy if i must say. It was fun for me but since i realized that i was more or less as you described 'moderately immature' and from people comments some time ago, i had to adapt. I had to work on my 'second personality' i would say, and by some may say now that Fortune is acting more appropriate, some would say nothings changed, due to fact that they have not talked to Fortune or just still assume she has not changed one bit.

I have played on robotics for multiple times, that i even know ins and outs and flaws of Robotics. The thing is, Fortune never likes having risks or odds against her, and always plans her tactics that puts her in advantage over her opponents, through other means. Manipulation, hacking. These are her skills she uses as her weapon, for instance the round once Fortune got herself three death borgs and even annihilated an ERT of four or five. She always macroed and planned her tactics further to keep that advantage. Ganking, please.. i really really hate using guns, because in my honest opinion, the gun fights are not good at 2D games.. Yes, maybe i do suck, and i am bad at it, but then again, if this game would have been an FPS game.. well.. That may change.. But that's is an 'IF' situation. Hostage taking was never Fortunes favorite part. It is risky, and it will 65% never go well, unless you are a clever bastard and know steps ahead. I am not like that person, and it is better to have the problem gone/dead/locked for the time being until new idea comes up on how to deal with it.

As to how can people be sure that they will be good head in that position? You don't. Unless you have played the role before and know what is the worst case scenario and how to try and help/deal with it. This is a good question, and what i can answer to this is, everything has a start, and their actions on what they do in their current situation is what determines how good you are. Maybe it takes more tries than one, but in the end the results will show up and so does a conclusion.

Anything else you wish to add, Blue?

I really wanted to believe Swat had changed from the powergaming with the mechs and stuff but today I watched Fortune stun an antagonist with little regard for RP. Using stun gloves that were built earlier in the round (the powergame I'm referring to)

If you powergame as a roboticist I don't really think you're suited for an RD imagine the kind of stuff you could do with that role. I really can't honestly say I'd like someone with such little empathy for another player's Rp and play-to-win ways of thinking in a head role. Sorry Swat. If you can prove you're not like this all the time I might be convinced to change my mind but currently I'm against this application.

I really wanted to believe Swat had changed from the powergaming with the mechs and stuff but today I watched Fortune stun an antagonist with little regard for RP. Using stun gloves that were built earlier in the round (the powergame I'm referring to)

If you powergame as a roboticist I don't really think you're suited for an RD imagine the kind of stuff you could do with that role. I really can't honestly say I'd like someone with such little empathy for another player's Rp and play-to-win ways of thinking in a head role. Sorry Swat. If you can prove you're not like this all the time I might be convinced to change my mind but currently I'm against this application.

That may have happened, and i was notified by admins by the 'powergaming' that was done. So what happened there? You were a witness, so was i, Mirk, deathly. Mirk barged into the Robotics frying the doors, which already raised alertness, so for safety, Fortune was getting her cell and cable coils in ready. At that point, Jamison was already inside the lab. From RP wise, i was little to none even untill he actually used the force gloves himself on Serenity. In human nature, people would subdue the aggressor, i would if i had the tools or possibility to do, and so i did. This of course concluded into a rather, awkward yet rather bad situation, yes, i know. We even got the admin attention as to what has happened. But everything was justified, to my knowledge. I had my intentions of making the stungloves and using them when it was necesary. It may seemed cheesy, to easy, but in my honest oppinion, trying to roleplay when the aggressor is with three people, he can barely deal with, is like shooting self with a pistol in the foot.

If i cannot prove anything if you think that because this one thing happened already, it may or may not happen again. If you cannot be convinced, i am not mad about it, if i make you fell bad in any way, just say so, or if you have a grudge against me, i don't fee bad (Not implying that you may have just a figure of speech), but you should remember that what ever i do ingame can and are mostly justified from my point of view and can also be proved if the need arises for my actions. But still, this is a free policy commentary so, i accept your judgment and your choice of me being a head.

If you have anything to add, go ahead.

Making a run for Director, eh? Good on you, we've needed a consistent one since I lost my mind dropped my whitelist. You know your job, you bother to roleplay with people and I'm sure you'd help keep the lab in order. All in all I'd love to see you at the helm of the Science department.

I'm giving you a +1 if you promise Fortune will stop dyeing her hair non-natural colors.

No,no,no,no,no. I am not going to have this chat due to now trivial things like the hair color now. I understood previously that people already hated the cyan, floorlenght braid combo, but this is now to much for my heart to take on. I understand the concern as to why you want me to stop, but i really hate to do a debate right now. But, your vote is your vote, nothing i can stop.

I'm giving you a +1 if you promise Fortune will stop dyeing her hair non-natural colors.

This seems like an incredibly trivial reason. What about the other concerns raised?

Regardless of whether or not Fortune is suitable for the position, why would your primary (and it seems only) concern be something as minor as hair color (which is really just a matter of personal preference), rather than any of the other issues brought up? If you were to question her suitability for a head role, why would it be based on that?

I'm simply going to offer my +1 support anyway.

No,no,no,no,no. I am not going to have this chat due to now trivial things like the hair color now. I understood previously that people already hated the cyan, floorlenght braid combo, but this is now to much for my heart to take on. I understand the concern as to why you want me to stop, but i really hate to do a debate right now. But, your vote is your vote, nothing i can stop.

I wasn't too crazy about it personally, but that's just a minor pet peeve and not something which people should really be basing an entire head staff app off of.

The larger concern would really be the length of the braid, and concerns with it being caught in things. But honestly, it is a rather trivial matter.

If she gets her hair caught in an autolathe then medical could just go and urge her to cut it, or her director could request that she do it, or whatever. But it's really just hair.

Oh yeah, if that feature with the long hair gets stuck in the machinery is still around, Fortune is going to have to cut her hair, or take regular trips to medical.

Anyways, I think Fortune has improved, haven't had any outstanding complaints against her, and she's less "childish". I think I can back up my +1 with more confidence now.

I don't really know if or not this character would have IC qualifications to be an RD and how snowflaky it would be, but in my opinion, the most important thing is a sense of responsibility and a suitable moral compass. Traits Fortune has displayed on various occasions. This would make her a good RD.

I have a slight issue with this application, sorry. It may just be a fluffy 'eh' excuse, but... I'm being as honest as I can.

I just... don't feel like Fortune is suitable for RD. This immature feeling emanates from her. Cecilia Lambert, you could say, has a slightly childlike excitement about Science, but she's still professional. I wish I had the logs - I'm pretty sure I did, but it's mysteriously and infuriatingly disappeared - but very recently Fortune welded someone into a locker because she was insulted; she even admitted this over comms. This is like, classic Angry Engineer behaviour, and certainly not the behaviour you'd expect from a prospective RD.

She has a lot of experience in Research

This feels like an Informed Ability (see Informed Ability entry in TVTropes). It certainly seems like she knows the ins and outs of robotics, but there's nothing in her backstory about her education and the minimum single PhD she's supposed to have, or her skill with The Scientific Method rather than just stuff about synthetics. There have been lots of times where there has been no R&D staff in Science, but Fortune is a Roboticist. In these situations, I never see her go to the HoP and ask for access to R&D, say, to heroically uphold the department while it is understaffed, hell, even to get Research levels up for her own benefit. I don't see her regularly as a Scientist, either. I have occasionally seen her as xenobio, which she only seems to pick if the Roboticist slots are taken. Where are her credentials for xenobio? I feel like credentials matter the most in the department of Science, put it that way. Perhaps that's why few people play it these days.

I don't know if I'm being too harsh, or something, but... I can't endorse this application while I get these feelings.

Crest, i have gotten a lot about my play style, i was scolded from one side to the other and it's like an endless loop. Since i joined this server at all, i used to always baby sit the RnD, try my best to get the RnD research tech up, was immature, yes, and etc. And then the time came when people were pissed about it, then came the directives and more or less unincluded rule that people should work in their office doing their tasked jobs. Hell, i used to bug HoP and still sometimes do when ever there is no scientists and do some basic research levels so that i can do something in my lab, while not stripping the job completely from the scientists. I was scolded for being head on person, and now i am thought to be mind in my own lab, do my job on what i was asked to do, which is make syntetics, repair them and make mechs. Also the insult was just a joke of me, you shouldn't take it to deep into heart, that guy yes, was a dick, so i welded him in, why not. I also want to get some laughs so that i do not spun my brains and spin out of madness, because doing the same over and over is really really stressfull when you are so limited to 'research' anything new.

She has a lot of experience. It was based due to fact that i played as a scientists before on other station, which was not mentioned i think, correct me if i am wrong, and help robotics and vice versa. Also yes, i ussualy do not tend to enjoy scientists jobs, because mainly, i know that most job there will be done, and.. it doesn't bring joy to me as it used to. It doesn't keep me occupied with work like i wished it should have, and that's why i join as Xenobiologist to keep my self up and sometimes ask assistance for help.

As i said, this is a free policy comment section, so i am not mad at what you are commenting, you fairly even reminded me of my past how i used to play and people bragged about it, and not it is happening again.. You guys don't stop amusing me, but hey, no hard feelings, and i quiet enjoyed the read, thank you for the comment! *bows*

There's a difference between having experience, and having credentials. When someone mentions Fortune's qualifications, you do go on and mention how you've played the roles on other places. That's now what we care too much of, though. We know that you're OOCly a good scientist, but what about IC? Does Fortune have an actual degree in this sorta stuff? You can't just say she picked it up going along and expect to play as a head with that. She'd need to have gone to school for robotics, for research, for whatever else she does.

If this is a must have feature you want me to include, i can surely add the information as to where she gained the knowledge and approval that she is decent. This may take sometime, since right now from this comment it is three in the morning +2gmt, and i've got lot's of work to do in real time. Of course it's not excuse but if it's a must, yea, i can expand the information towards her career, on how she got said knowledge.