More Mech Tools and Weapons!

canon35

What it says on the tin.

The Handy Man Arm: An arm that simulates an normal, humanoid hand. Capable of picking up normal-gigantic items. Using it on disarm will have you fling the target, harm will have you punch him for 20 brute damage. (Ripley, combat mechs.)

The Plasma Ultra-cutter: A large plasma cutter that functions like it's smaller counterpart but is able to cut through reinforced walling, and doubles as an effective melee weapon cranking out 60 cutting damage. (Ripley, combat mechs)

Mech Shield Generator: At the cost of constantly draining power, the mech is able to produce a shield that has a 50% chance of blocking lasers, 20% for ballistics. (All mechs)

Mech Visual Upgrade Module: Installable module like the ranged and armour upgrade. It allows you to swap from mesons, to thermals, to night vision inside the mech. (All mechs)

Chemical Synthesiser: A back-mounted chemical dispenser that can put regents directly into stored syringe guns and pump them into mounted sleepers. (Odysseus)

i just want to be able to punch someone with a ripley arm rather than just slide them out of the way.

maybe do something like crossbow code, if you use ripley arm while hostile intent on someone directly against a wall and you are directly on the other side you slam them against the wall

The Death ripley used to do damage with its clamp, but i think it's not on this server. I have made a forum for upgrading mechs via modules and numerous upgrades to improve them while giving also cons. Bigger armor means slower mech, lighter mech means more speed but lower armor rating, unless Science gets ludicrous research level for combat and material to make the materials more composite, durable and lighter that improves the stats with out giving cons.

I had also posted additional weapons for mechs so it isn't always the same but then again, this would make mechs versatile, maybe op, but don't forget, to make op mechs it requires time and resources. More or less like an End Game time for Traitor Roboticists/scientists/Research directors.

The Death ripley used to do damage with its clamp, but i think it's not on this server. I have made a forum for upgrading mechs via modules and numerous upgrades to improve them while giving also cons. Bigger armor means slower mech, lighter mech means more speed but lower armor rating, unless Science gets ludicrous research level for combat and material to make the materials more composite, durable and lighter that improves the stats with out giving cons..

Actually, crushing things with a clamp still works. At least on mice

the deathripley was coded with silly attacktexts as a joke and it never did any damage on any of the primary codebases. okay.

odysseus's syringe gun chemscans already do let you inject chems into sleepers and syringes. mechs are probably not getting thermals also.

shield, plasma thing and hand are cool though.

Not to drift apart from the main title idea, but lately i'd say that most people do not wish to use the ripleys especially on mining because they know that ripley is slow, standart drill takes two seconds to be used up again once drilling, while a miner with one drill in hand can go a lot faster, and mine everything around.

What i suggest is, that we are able to modify mechs entirely on Robotics with the help of research of course, something like Robot module upgrades the Vtec and etc. Not only will that compensate the late usage for the ripley, but miners will also be for once appriciated and they will ask from robotics ripleys more.

Also, i was thinking of the possibility of making a really strong power sword for the combat mechs, but to obtain such equipment it asks for a lot of combat research, and inflicts fifty units of burn damage or sixty? Since Combat mech in close quarter should be a thing to be afraid of. Durand in melee has 40 force or 40 units of brute damage, but correct me if i am wrong.

Also there is also already armour modules against melee or ranged, but i do like the idea of mesons,night visio and thermal, but mostly mesons so that the engineering or mining can use the ripley or mining.