Bokaza, Captain

Building on what Valkrae said (and my opinion as one of the people in charge of whitelist applications):

The loyalty implants use is so you're always watching out for Nanotrasen's interests. Elena perceived a highly dangerous person with genetic modification; presumably an unknown species that proved hostile. CentralCommand may have ordered "Contain it", and that would be in NT's long-term interest, but what of its short-term interests? Would you want to work for a company where they doggedly attempted to capture an unknown species that was actively killing people, but managed to capture it for research or would you feel safer and confident knowing that its Security personnel had the training to take it down, and save potential lives? This is where Elena perceived conflicting interests for Nanotrasen, and she took the least dangerous option to protect NT's image. This had build-up and IC reasons for it, Elena's actions created controversy as we can clearly see, and this clearly created more RP due to Elena's decision which made more Security personnel think "Wait, why am I doing this again?"

Bokaza acted like a captain, and made a rational decision. I'm not seeing the issue on Bokaza as a head of staff.

I think the issue is with what the loyalty implant is perceived to do, rather than Bokaza's individual call. Would the action taken have been acceptable if the captain did not have a loyalty implant? Absolutely. Personally, I think it's acceptable either way, but I can empathize with how individuals would perceive lack of obedience as ignoring the loyalty implant. After all, the implant can force a character to go against everything they believe in (if "what they believe in" happens to be anti-NT) and push out the influence of a god - I can understand how some people might think it to be an end-all in terms of determining character motivation.

Which is why I asked for the loyalty implant's place on our server to be evaluated (since it has much more dire consequences because we, you know, actually follow the lore) a long time ago to the chagrin of many. It is quite easily the single most crippling circumstance to RP - to the point where it's nearly paraplegic. Any captain or head of security who falls outside a very thin margin could quite easily be called out as ignoring their implant - sure, a HoS who lets some minor crimes from a good-natured assistant slide is an interesting avenue to explore, but is undermining the law in NanoTrasen's best interests? You see where I'm going with this.

tl;dr Bokaza is love, Bokaza is life, down with loyalty implants.