Clarify that CCIA Actions can Only Punish Characters, Not Players.

In a recent Discord conversation, a player expressed that they felt compelled to participate in an IR against a character of theirs due to the possibility of OOC player punishment, despite finding the process to be distressing in real life. Regardless of the specifics of that case, I feel that it would be best to clarify policy in the pinned IR subforum.

Here are my suggestions, which I believe represent how CCIA is currently intended to work. I am not suggesting a change in policy so much as a request for policy to be explicitly stated.

-CCIA can only apply IC consequences to the character(s) involved. IC consequences can include permanent dismissal and other consequences that prevent the character from being played. OOC punishments (removal of whitelisting, job bans, or bans) cannot be directly applied due to an IR.

-Attempting to circumvent IC consequences by making a new character that is functionally identical to the punished character is bad RP, and is subject to OOC punishment.

-Players can withdraw their participation in the IR at any point, and will not suffer OOC punishment for doing so. They are, however, required to accept whatever consequences the CCIA applies to that character.

Just now, Myphicbowser said:

I believe all of these are already set into the rules, CCIA has never done OOC punishments, that falls to the admin team then.

And you aren't forced into an IR, but if you decide to not be interviewed then what will happen will happen without your input.

I acknowledge that in my post, but at least one person claims to have been under a contrary impression, so I am asking that these policies be posted explicitly.

Incident Reports are entirely IC, affect characters ICly, and deal with IC situations. This has never been the contrary and no OOC action is taken apart from disallowing a player to play a character if they get barred from a certain job, and generally punishing behaviour that circumvents actions that are enacted on characters after the closure of an IR.

The Incident Report rules states that it is IC, and makes no mention of OOC punishments.

I do have to clarify something here.
If you lie on your IR to get another person in trouble and it is discovered through logs that you have lied, that becomes a OOC matter.

Other than that CCIA can only issue IC actions.

I have moved this policy suggestion to the archive as it is already implemented and nothing new is suggested.