[Retracted] Player complaint: Anastasia Kalyna

BYOND Key: Filthyfrankster

Game ID: cgk-dyMJ

Player Byond Key/Character name: Anastasia Kalyna

Staff involved:  Due to events I was unable to make a proper ahelp, I asked Garn at the end if they would take my report but was told to make a character complaint. 

Reason for complaint: ISD was informed of armed gunmen within science who had previously taken a telescience robot hostage and had escaped.  It was made clear to the crew to leave science and we were directed from science and attempting to chase and cut them off from within medical and the tunnels near cryo as they were heading over to the command area. First responders are supposed to be stationed away from the action and prepare to be deployed, not following security into maint tunnels. The first responders and a medical robot (Who I found the robot justified as they were key to opening doors for us) trailed us from behind closely. 

Anastasia appeared to have went around in a different path around us and walked right into the arms of the merc team. Who promptly took her hostage and led to a downward spiral of the scenario as security had to sacrifice their momentum to stop the mercs in their track from taking any more hostages which led to Anastasia practically turning herself into one due to the need to defy stationing herself away until they hear a medical call.  In an efforts to cut off security after obtaining their hostage, one of the mercs then attempted to slice and a door and roasted themselves, ashing one of their hands and leaving the merc team with only two operatives left.

With Ana as a hostage, we begun the scenario of bending to the whim and order of the merc team who didn't seem to give too much of a damn about their injured mate. An on-station cyborg had to be dissembled and the MMI given to the merc team in exchange for the safety of Anastasia. Putting the player of the cyborg out of the round in exchange for the first responder who made herself a captive. 

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes, but due to events I was unable to make a proper ahelp, I asked Garn at the end if they would take my report but was told to make a character complaint. 

Approximate Date/Time: 4/FEB/2022, around 4:00 PM PST

Hello, as the player of Ana (First Responder) I have a rebuttal for this.

"Anastasia appeared to have went around in a different path around us and walked right into the arms of the merc team. Who promptly took her hostage and led to a downward spiral of the scenario as security had to sacrifice their momentum to stop the mercs in their track from taking any more hostages which led to Anastasia practically turning herself into one due to the need to defy stationing herself away until they hear a medical call.  In an efforts to cut off security after obtaining their hostage, one of the mercs then attempted to slice and a door and roasted themselves, ashing one of their hands and leaving the merc team with only two operatives left."

So as far as I know all of the first response team was headed to follow Security, I saw the android and I believe Madison (the other responder) following you guys, I held back because I was changing my music OOCly and proceeded to attempt to follow you in the direction I had believed you went. I happened to have made a wrong turn and ended up walking right into (ironically) the person that had been shocked to shit. I took a wrong turn and you believe this is something that is bad play? You clearly stated above as well that the Responders had been following behind as well. At what point did I "attempt to turn myself into a hostage" when I had a firearm pointed at me and the man had told me to get down on the ground due to once again, me taking a bad turn. 

After taking a moment to unseethe and cope. I would like to retract my player complaint and simply just want to say for future entailing. 

Please avoid following security directly into the danger zone of conflict. The wisest thing for that scenario after you even informed us that the trespassers were in the tunnels is to AVOID going directly into the tunnel or front lining with security. The hostage situation was unnecessary on all parts and only led to a stale series of bwoinking on all parties involved. There is no purpose of being a first responder if you're there on-scene of an active shootout or situation and end up getting shot or captured. That leaves one extension for medical down on a two slot role. 

• Melariara changed the title to [Retracted] Player complaint: Anastasia Kalyna