Tristan63 Tries To Tell You What To Do (Command Whitelist)

BYOND key: Tristan63

Discord Username: Tristan63#2457

Character names:

Levius Constantine

Fabian Best

Oskar Raczkiewicz

Smith Freson

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: 

Steadily for about six months, but i've played in the past up to a few years ago.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
Yes, I have been banned for appeal twice.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
A head of staff should be a leader and capable representative of their departments interests to the Captain. You need to have communication skills, and a good understanding of not only what your departments do, but interdepartmental relations and synergy and how to get the most out of your department. Not only should those be achieved, but you need to be a good roleplayer and have a good understanding of the lore aswell. You can't play a IPC thats a dominian, as a head, that'd be a big no no and would discredit not only yourself, but your department in your peers and superiors eyes. Finally in my eyes, the most important thing is to be forgiving. People will make mistakes, in your department, in others, as antags, or in hunting them. Show forgiveness or have a brainfart at a convinent time for an antag to allow their plan to go on. Nothing was worse in RP on other servers than immediately getting shut down because you had a pen on your ear, having sec follow you constantly etc. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
From an OOC perspective, my job as a head is to maintain the flow of the round and try to keep it interesting. As said previously, you should suspend disbelief by not immediately knowing antag items or not even playing into any gimmick offered to you. Mentoring and helping players in learning roles, or teaching old dogs new tricks. We also have a responsibility for creating CCIA incident reports (even though anyone can, we should be more keen on repeated character issues to issue IC punishments, instead of just ahelping every time something minor occurs). I think above all else, making fun, memorable moments within the rules is a great way to make others want to come back for the RP. I can tell you many times when I have roleplayed and would scan the manifest and see a particular name playing as a head or top dog on other servers, and would just not bother since I knew it wouldn't be worth it. My goal would be to never have this happen to someone else due to my characters actions. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Crisis abounds the Republic. Phoron is becoming scarcer and scarcer, even the Elyrans are reeling from the economic implications of the continued shortage. Tau Ceti is expanding with the revealing of the SCC, into the CRZ. Former Solarian colonies being brought into the fold by Tau Ceti, while the Alliance desperately clings to her jewl worlds as she fractures into shards of broken hopes and dreams. Will the Alliance regain her former glory as the sole human superpower in the spur? Will Einstein Engines finally supersede Nanotrasen as the foremost developer of superluminal travel? Will Biesel take the torch and stand alone as the spurs only human superpower, backed by the SCC and the Trasens? Come and join me, we'll see together.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
All of them besides CE, maybe not CMO.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
Benjamin Werry - HOS - A former military man desensitized by the Alliance and its false hopes. Now he seeks new purpose in the fledgling SCC. 

Arnfast Jotunheimr - OM/XO (Undecided) - A Scarab specializing in logistics, he is currently lending his services to the SCC, having helped aid in the construction of the Horizon formerly. 

I intend to make more aswell

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes

Have you linked your byond account to the forums? 

Yes

Extra notes:
I would be happy to answer any questions from the community and staff, and I also would like to note that I work 4 weekdays till late in the evening so I would have weird hours in any t trial if I make it that far.

Edited by Tristan63
  • Tristan63 changed the title to Tristan63 Tries To Tell You What To Do (Command Whitelist)