Alberyk's Unathi Application

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Character Names: Aaron Hawkins, Luctus.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Something around three months or a bit more.

Species you are applying to play: Unathi.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Green.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because the Unathi race has interesting and different traits that can lead to develop characters and situations in different ways than other species. Mostly due to their culture and vision of certain issues, like honor and gender equality, but it don’t mean that all unathi should abide to it. As well the lore behind their homeworld and the relations with NanoTrasen and other species.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Mostly because of their society and culture, since their origin is from a clan based people and with a great emphasis in honor and tradition. Which can lead to interesting backgrounds and interactions with another species and with their own kind. It is mostly their culture, origins and reptile-like characteristics that give them an alien feeling.

Character Name: Sslazhir Yinzr

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Sslazhir Yinzr was born under a lesser clan of the Izweski nation at the city of Skalamar, two years before the first contact with the Sol Alliance. He spent most of his childhood being taught into the traditional ways of the Unathi society, mostly by his father. During the Contact War, his clan fought alongside the Izaweski nation, mostly due to tribal ties than ideological reasons. Sslazhir lost several relatives in the conflict, such as his father and his two elder brothers, since this his grandfather became responsible for his education.

During his childhood Sslazhir was fascinated by the presence of the foreigners, such as the humans and skrell, mostly wondering how the world beyond the clan and the city was like. However his family had mixed feelings about the intervention on Moghes, still he had a strong desire to leave his homeworld and travel through the galaxy.

At the age of seventeen, Sslazhir left his clan and accepted an opportunity to work as guard for a small trading vessel docked at Skalamar. The unathi travelled with the crew for two years until he left to work in other jobs, mostly acting as security for independent contractors ,until he accepted an opportunity to work to NanoTrasen. First as cargo technician and moving shortly to the security department.

Salazar still firmly believes in the unathi way of life, the concepts of honor, gender equality and other beliefs of his people are an important part of his life. However, he is open minded enough to learn about other cultures and to try to understand others points of view, but will rarely bend his ideals to fit any situation.

What do you like about this character?

He has traditional traits of the unathi culture and is not willing to give up on them. Also, having some kind of code to guide their actions can be really interesting to roleplay on a character. But mostly because I find the Unathi race to be really interesting as whole.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

It is a really hard question, but I think it is pretty fine, most people seems to enjoy to interact with my characters at all. Also, since I started to play on Aurora my role-playing has been improved by a lot.

Notes: Forgive me if I did some mistakes related to grammar, english is not my native language and I still find some difficulties with it.

First of all, I had absolutely no idea that english isn't your native language. So massive props to you for that. Secondly, I can't believe you don't have a racial whitelist yet. Your roleplay is pretty damn great, son, and I imagine you'll be able to pull off an Unathi with ease. Also, we need more green lizards, because they're visually interesting. If you alternated between officer and cargo tech, I could see this character (who has an awesome name, by the way) being very cool and memorable. +1

I assume everyone knows Aaron damn Hawkins, son. So i had a lot of RP with him. Mostly he is doing funny things, when you didn't expect that. Due to his dependence to the Alcohol he can do almost anything to get his Ale even stole Booze-O-Mat and make it's own bar. By the way i first time when i saw him he was playing as antag, i was playing as security officer. So everytime during interrogation he was saying so much BS, but at the same time that BS was seriously funny. I want to say that Alberyk's RP as Luctus if awesome, that android causing trouble as Aaron to, that is waht makes the game more interesting. I want to see him playing as damn lizard) +1