Staff Complaint - ReadThisNamePlz

BYOND Key: rawmoddles
Staff BYOND Key: @ReadThisNamePlz
Game ID: cpw-ashW
Reason for complaint: Behavior mistakenly being taken as argumentative, While my chat logs can be seen as passive-aggressive or offensive at worst, I never tried to "Bend" my way out of trouble, I just would sometimes ask too many questions, and get confused at answers, In the end, I think the problem is that I cannot allow myself to really take a ticket very seriously, as I was once an server admin myself, So I tend to almost see an admin in their own shoes, Not as some power/authority figure, So I try and treat them as a ole' buddy pal instead of an actual person trying to talk to me about a problem, And not "Arguing" against my tickets.
Evidence/logs/etc: image.png.ce2e63d8583e4aed34c24ee4508b041e.png
Additional remarks: If you insist that I was really being argumentative, then still add in the warning about my other behavioral problem

The portion of you being argumentative was not the cause of the warning. I added that in there because I wanted you to understand that being outright disrespectful during a ticket just isn’t okay. I could’ve misinterpreted it, sure. 

The whole reason I warned you was because of the IC in OOC though. Not because you were passive aggressive. 

• Like 1
On 28/08/2023 at 06:05, rawnoodles said:

Yes, And I still wanted to talk about that part, As I felt it was incorrect

The reason I said to "Read the rules and abide by them, not bend them" is because when you said "Hey, fun fact. You can put a .50 cal pistol into a lunch box along with two magazines" (I think that's pretty close), you were outright putting IC info into OOC because that is exactly what you had done. You said that it was no big deal because no one knew you had it, but you still willingly put out ic information into ooc, and we have a very strict policy against this. 

Yes, you didn't say "I have xyz in my lunchbox rn." but you still broke the rule. The idea that it is okay because no one else knew, is in fact attempting to bend the rules. 

On 29/08/2023 at 20:17, rawnoodles said:

I am not talking about the IC in OOC thing, That very much was justified because my inpatient ass couldn't wait for the round to end to make that joke

Then.. what is the complaint about? 

I am wholly against removing the warning because you just acknowledged that this was an issue.

33 minutes ago, rawnoodles said:

There is the unspoken rule of "Be nice in tickets", So I might have.

I told you, your warning wasn't applied because of your attitude. It was applied because you broke the rules. 
What did I misinterpret here? 

edit: It also isn't unspoken. Our first rule is literally "don't be a dick".

• Afya locked this topic