MuscleGirl's Head Whitelist Application

BYOND key: MuscleGirl

Character names: Aleksandra Nikolaioskavich, Michelle Reber, Gennavieve Strauss, Vallerie Loche

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: About three months, on and off.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: To unlock head of staff roles and allow my characters to roleplay in command areas.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I heard about it over the reddit forum and became interested.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Stepping into imaginary shoes either you've created or has been created for you. It should be about trying to empathize with your character and understanding the hardships and joys you're putting them through and reacting as if you were looking through their eyes. Allowing other players to alter and collaborate with your creative effort is a must-have. But most importantly, roleplay is the ability to tell a story to the best of one's ability no matter the context or substance.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

To move the round forward. Without a head of staff, most rounds leave a department gimped and unable to find direction in it's chain of command. The Captian becomes the single barer of responsibility and some antags can clip the station's wings far too quickly by removing the only leadership role picked by the one whitelist player in fourty five non-whitelist. A round where the departments lack their leadership is becoming more prevalent.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

To fulfill the function of their characters and ensure the station isn't lacking for command or authority. Their mere presence aboard ensures that departments are allowed to collaborate their efforts against antagonists and ensure their time is well spent in the pursuit of productivity. Their obligations are to ensure that others can do their jobs effectively and ensure the round is as interesting as possible without causing harm to other players, or their own, experiences.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Michelle Reber

Character age: 37

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

A native born to Tau Ceti, Michelle Reber began her captaincy aboard her mother's freighting transport, the CFT "It's One of Ours", at the age of twenty under her mother's tutelage. Her experience in ship-board politics and cautious negotiation paved the way for her clerical aptitudes and resulted in high competency scores within the NanoTrasen Station Administration program. Becoming Mrs Reber at the age of twenty six, she married her current husband Lauchlan Reber and they had a daughter, Rebecca. She is currently awaiting her command application's return aboard the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character?:

She's designed from the ground up to be a motherly figure, both in social interaction and station-wide management.

What do you dislike about this character?:

She's rather hot-headed, insistent that whatever compromise she decides upon should be followed to the letter. She isn't about to accept that people are bloody-hearted, even this far from Earth and will often talk off a hostage-taker's ear.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?:

Yes, more-so than most characters.

Why?:

Because of her naturally caring nature and naivety.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

Excellent, but could still use some work. I'm definitely better than I was three years ago. I still use far too many commas in my grammar.

Extra notes:

I'm not sure what else I'd put here.

Edited by Guest

Two Slight things

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Please update your answers to be a paragraph or more.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

To be the guiding force of the station's command section and ensure their teams are running as smoothly as possible, whilst mediating intre-departmental issues and negotiating extra-departmental disputes.

And as with a number of other people, you answered the question in an IC manner. Please edit this for an OOC answer.

Alright, I like the updated answers but I'm going to add this.

Another main responsibility of a head of staff is to create an environment that is conducive to role playing. By this I don't meant coddling everyone any making sure they're comfortable with roleplaying and all. I mean just, being a character that allows roleplaying to unfold in an interesting/fun way. Note that I don't mean "You can't have asshole characters" or anything like that, I just mean "Be an asshole in a fun way!" Not that I'm calling you an asshole.

I haven't had many interactions with you IC or OOC, but the one time I do remember speaking to you, a very sour taste was left over. I don't remember the specifics of the situation, though please keep in mind that our Head of Staff whitelisted players are expected to conduct themselves with maturity and set an example for others. You will have to be able to take criticism and sometimes, flat out hostility, both ICly and OOCly. How do you think you're prepared to deal with this?

You can sorta prove yourself beforehand to a degree.

Having characters that are irresponsible or childish isn't bad per se, but complementing them with more mature and responsible characters can provide you with solid credentials when applying for your heads whitelist.

+1.

SASHA BEST WARDEN.

Seriously though, I've had only a handful of experiences with MuscleGirl (mostly with Aleksandra, twice with Michelle), and she's a DELIGHT to play with. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do with command.

(Admittedly I am also hoping that some day we will see Sasha HoS. THAT WILL BE GLORIOUS.))