NanoUI Door Controls

jackfractal

Hi everyone!

I'm new, you don't know me.

I ported the NanoUI door control panel from Paradise.

It makes this:

old_doors.gif

Into this:

new_doors.gif

I think this was originally from Bay? I'm not sure.

The pull targets your development branch. That's the right branch, right?

It also includes the datum/wires concept from Paradise. It's a way to make hackable machines much easier to create and modify while being less snowflakey. All their hackable's use this, but I didn't want to pollute the changelist more then it already is (it ended up spidering more then I wanted already, had to modify click code).

I'll transfer those in later if people want it.

Pull request is going up later, I'm just confirming that the last bugs are worked out (initial commit caused doors to just CHUG power, drained the SMES with like two door opens).

Yes/no? This good?

[Misposted, projects are for things that have been accepted]

It looks interesting, send a PR to either the main Dev branch or my Master branch for extra testing and I'll look over it later tonight.

Heyo, Head Developer here.

Due to my current effective leave, I'm leaving this for Soundscopes to look over. The target branch is development, aye, and we are most certainly up for seeing the NanoUI interface implemented for this. As far as the datum and wire concept from Paradise is concerned, we are certainly interested in seeing it as well.

If there are any questions, feel free to PM either of us, or simply reply to the thread!

I understand this is a port but I've never seen it before. And it looks amazing.

It looks much more simplified.

Thanks! Yeah, the old one is a lot more difficult to work with. When I joined Aurora as a borg the first time I new I'd need to try to port this.

[Misposted, projects are for things that have been accepted]

It looks interesting, send a PR to either the main Dev branch or my Master branch for extra testing and I'll look over it later tonight.

Ah, I assumed projects was 'We have someone working on this' and Suggestions was for "Wouldn't it be cool if...?"

My bad. Thanks for moving it.

The pull request is here.

Heyo, Head Developer here.

Due to my current effective leave, I'm leaving this for Soundscopes to look over. The target branch is development, aye, and we are most certainly up for seeing the NanoUI interface implemented for this. As far as the datum and wire concept from Paradise is concerned, we are certainly interested in seeing it as well.

If there are any questions, feel free to PM either of us, or simply reply to the thread!

Hi Skull! I've got no questions right now.

I really rather like this. it looks so much neater!

It's also a lot easier to tell what is going on when you're using it.

"Default" is everything on the left side. Anything weird done to the door will shift them to the right, so it's easy for an AI to check if something has been electrified for example, or if someone's messed with the door bolts.

I love NanoUI because it's simple and straight to the point. I love how we're slowly making the transition for most object prompts to be NanoUI based, now.

Oh, I remember when canisters were confusing as all hell.