Captainofsouls Head whitelist application

BYOND key: CaptainofSouls

Character names: Conrad Cole

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Little over a week

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I've really enjoyed the short time I've been playing on this server. You have a good and tight-nit community here compared to other servers I have been on and I'd really like to contribute to this place somehow.

Why did you come to Aurora?: One word: HEAVYROLEPLAY (thats one word right?)

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is a kind of acting. There are social norms surrounding people, races, culture, age, gender etc. When you roleplay, you are copying and solidifying this behavior in a character of your own creation and I believe there is an art in that, just as there is an art in getting up on stage and acting out a scene from Hamlet. For all intents and purposes, you are Shakespeare, Hamlet and the audience all in one. Its an expression and a mode of story telling.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Heads of Staff have whitelist. My mind immediately says "Uh oh, what did someone do to have to warrant a restraining whitelist to be implaced?" With that in mind, if you are accepted for a whitelist, it is safe to assume that you will be taking on an added responsibility of trust granted to you by taking on that leadership position, both in IC and OOC. If you screw it up, its also safe to assume that that trust will be withdrawn.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: As a whitelisted player, I believe that you are responsible for being an upright citizen, to know the rules, encourage new players and teach them if you can, discourage dicks from being, well, dicks and just generally try to create a safe, freeing, non-abrasive atmosphere within the confines of the server and extending over to the forums.

Character name: Conrad Cole

Character age: 38

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Struck with male pattern baldness at the early age of 17, Conrad denied medical treatment and decided to wear his condition proudly. He had tee-shirts made with "kiss me I'm bald" on them and, after getting into medical school, started an on-campus club called "bald and beautiful."

Taking a gap year between his 3rd and 4th years of university, Con decided to do some traveling. For a year he traveled all over space, learning about different cultures and making friends from all walks of life. He climbed the frozen peaks of Ahdomai with a trading caravan of Tajara, danced with a clan of Unathi on Moghes and meditated with a diona whose name he could never pronounce but meant "Flower between cracks in pavement."

After this adventure, he returned to his studies, completing his degree and deciding to continue on to do his masters and then PHD in medical bio-sciences. Meeting a woman and making her his wife in the last year of his PHD, she fell pregnant after he had gotten a steady job and they had moved into a comfortable house. Tragedy struck when a complication arose during labor and his wife died, leaving him with two twin girls. Heartbroken, Con placed his studies aside, focusing on raising his daughters, Jameela and Shae. After they were old enough to go to school, he once again threw himself into his studies, completing several qualifications in just a short time and graduating with honours. He was then approached by NT to begin work on the stations far out in space. He eagerly accepted but always found time to come home and spend time with his girls, who pat his shiny head and made him braid their hair. After working on the Odin for some time, he was transferred to Aurora.

What do you like about this character?: He doesn't seem to care about his outward appearance. He is quite a character and often tries to hide what he's really thinking under a blanket of enthusiasm. Also having had two girls, he has a soft spot for children and has a nurturing nature.

What do you dislike about this character?: Well, OOCly, he is bald, so I am more then sure that initially, other people will take one look at him and think "nope, not going to interact with that." which is fine, but it will mean that I will really need to step up my roleplay in order for people not to shut me out completely.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: He has all the necessary training, he has some life experience and is a natural leader. He also has a veiled empathy that can really help when dealing with patients.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Hard to say. 85%? 84%?

Extra notes: I understand this is my first post. I know I will need time for people to get to know me and my character and I am fine with waiting. I am sorry if my lore is also a bit off, but, as you can probably imagine, I am new and lore changes from server to server. If anyone has any corrections, feel free to leave a comment.

I have had the pleasure of RPing with the paragon, nay, the symbol of hope for Aurora that is Conrad Cole. He was an excellent deconstruction of the Bald Condition and a more than competent doctor, no, an artisan in his field. He was more able and knowledgeable than the rest of medbay staff. He was a wonderful conversation partner. He was a worthy adversary for my security officer Chance as far as wits go. Chance faced trial after well RP'ed trial in the pursuit of justice, freedom, electronics, and footwear.

Oh Captain, my Captain! Lead this vessel as you may, for I shall serve in your crew until may days end.

Also was p good at emotes.

+1.

I don't post much, being new to the server and all, so I'm not sure how much weight my vote will carry.

That said, haven't RPed with his character (Conrad) a couple of times already and based on my own previous experiences RPing elsewhere, I believe that Paragon is sufficiently adept at roleplay and following the rules to be considered for a head position. Recently, a brief interaction between himself and my character showed more character development on his part than I've seen on a number of others. I actually felt something for his character. That alone is remarkable, considering.

+1

I RP'ed with you a few times, and in one notable round, you were basically holding down the entirety of Medbay by yourself, as well as still being able to properly Role-play. You have my vote.

Also one of my characters sorta owes you a drink.