Add scientists to the Intrepid piloting list

Xenoarcheology is not the only science-related activity that qualifies the Intrepid for expeditions. The capture of xenobiological fauna, the recovery of science related material, the investigation of wrecks of various nature etc. We do not have any other staff dedicated to expeditions, and science personnel is the most logical choice, we have the best basis for preparation and frankly the least to do aboard the Horizon as is (unless you are a xeno-scientist).

I agree that with the presence of xenoarcheologists, their use of the shuttle should take priority, but without their presence I do not believe it is in our best interest to prevent scientists to take the lead on expeditions, and limit them to whether or not a bridge crewman is available (and wants) to pilot for them.

• Like 3

i think the weather station idea fucks and it shouldn't be RP only. i think gathering data on a planet should give a research chip (which is basically fluff for the deconstructor) as well as a monetary payout for the science department, sort of like the orion express PR i made earlier but with weather stations instead of package delivery

edit: i just realized this is a policy suggestion not a suggestion suggestion WOOPS but yes i think scientists should be allowed to fly the intrepid too, there should just be an expansion of policy to say "god please wait for the xenoarch to get on before you blast off"

Edited by geeves
woopsie!!!