Mission: MSS Bay

ShyGuy, still picking up the tools, is startled again by Mulders appearance. As the grey-haired man strides past him they say, "N-no! Party hasn't started yet!" but Mulder has already moved past them and into the ship.

"And... you weren't talking to me," says ShyGuy, fumbling the last of the spanners back into the toolbox. "Of course you weren't."

With another longing look toward the far cargo-doors, ShyGuy walks up the ramp and into the ship.

ShyGuy-62: Armor, Area Denial, EVA
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Quaddy welcomes everyone in the ship, he quickly breifs everyone that there will be a two hour travel time, and giving Kovner basic details to ship systems, so that in case Quaddy is rendered incapacitated, she may pilot the ship.

Daxton remains mostly quiet, save for being unable to control his whistling fit. He motions towards one of the seats next to Kovner, attempting to sit down. The joints of his hardsuit clink and the servos hiss silently as he sits down on the seat. He crosses his left leg above his right knee, with his arms in his lap. He twiddles his thumbs and looks around at his would-be partners.

D3F417 quietly sat down in the back of the shuttle area, and produced a non-descript laptop computer from its backpack, and began typing at it quietly, browsing a copy of what appeared to be some sort of source code pertaining to electrical network software, in addition to the contents of a select number of data-drives, switching them out selectively as they were needed, not intentionally seeking anyone out for conversation.

Edited by Guest

Mulder, now strapped in, unzips his weapons case and pulls out weapon parts and begins to assemble what appears to be an 8 gauge combat shotgun. His voice somewhat muffled by his helmet, he turns to Daxton, eying his drone, and asks, "That a two-two or a two-three model? I'm more partial to the four series myself, but to each their own." He feeds in five shotgun shells and racks a shell into the chamber. Carefully sliding it into a custom built scabbard, he moves on to the next piece of equipment in the case. Pulling out a compact flamethrower, he looks around and grins. He pulls two plasma canisters out and clips one to his belt. The other, he slides into the flamethrower with a satisfying hiss. An automated voice speaks out and joyfully says, "Ammunition, oxygen, vitals, and good looks are at optimal levels." "Nobody likes a sycophant, Matrix. Keep track of the team's vitals and keep me updated on ammunition levels," he replies.

Omen placed a roll up into his mouth, lighting it up with a devilish grin. He looks around the ship with the smoke sagging from his mouth, he forgot what it was like to work with people who weren't from the bargain bucket. The Tajaran gazed down towards the gym bag nestled between his robotic feet. Unzipping the bag, he revealed a semi automatic shotgun, some strange gloves and a collection of implants and bloodied PDAs.

"He hasn't sold these off yet, but he may aswell use them forrrr his job eh?" he leans to the other Tajaran next to him with a grin. Injecting an implant into his neck as he continued to speak to her, "uplink implant, only half used, it should be good enough to grab some relief items."

Edited by Guest

Daxton looks over to Mulder for a moment, eyeing his drone.

He replies, "Aye. It's a two-two, with a bitta customization to it. Prefer to keep it light so I can move it around a bit."

He unholsters the cC20-r SMGs and flings them up in the air once, and catches them again. He discharges the magazines for both, and sets the gun in his left hand on his lap. He proceeds to thoroughly strip and clean the SMG in his hands.

"Gotta love the Compact series. Easy to wield, the muzzle climb is minimal, and these things tear through flesh, metal and bone like a blade through butter."

He reassembles the SMG in his right, sets that one in his lap, and repeats the same process with the other SMG, humming.

Shadow gently placed a claw on the other Tajara's shoulder. "Distance," she said softly. She pressed a button on her own outfit, deploying a suit. It was a dark dusty gray, and did not give any shine. She sank into a chair, placing the metallic box on her lap.

She smiled as she glanced around the ship. This venture seemed promising - a refreshing change from the embarrassing assignments she had been given in the past.

Y'know guys, the travel time to the ship is two hours, but uh, I gotta go ahead and get the ship up and about.

Quaddy walks into the bridge of the ship, with a silent hiss, it touches off, and silently enters the void of space.

Mulder glances over at ShyGuy and says, "That it is. Picked up Matrix here about two years ago durin' a raid on some ol' research station. Been friends with tha' old girl eva'' since."

The synthesized voice perks up once more and says, "Greetings, team. My designation is MTR-X1, but you may call me Matrix for short.

"Scanning...

"If you would like, I can monitor your oxygen levels and vital signs. Additionally, if your weapon has a Nanotrasen compatible uplink, I can monitor your ammunition levels.""

Shadow smiled. "Hello Matrix. She can set up a compatibility network with Matrix, and Shadow's own systems. Meet her drones, Vila and Vola." Upon uttering their names, the drones around her arm and shoulder detached from her suit, one skittering to the floor, the other snaking around her arm to rest on her chair's backrest. Shadow opened the box on her lap, and a holographic screen projected out from it. She moved her hand over the holograms, downloading important intel into her drones.

"Shadow's gear is custom-designed, so there is no uplink. However, she has plenty time to make one for the mission."

"Uh... hello Matrix," says ShyGuy. "I uh... thanks for the offer but I'm not really comfortable having other people inside my info-sec perimeter."

They play with their hands in tiny nervous movements. "You won't have any trouble keeping track of where I am though."

ShyGuy looks around at the rest of the team, "Does anyone know what the plan is once we get there?"

Frank looks at ShyGuy, shrugs, and says "Get in, loot, kill everyone, get out, take ship for ssselvessss.". Shortly after, he pulls out a strange container out of his satchel and opens the cover to sniff it before placing it back in his bag.

Shadow moved around the holograms in front of her. "First mission in field, ShyGuy?" She asked, spinning a hologram of one of her drones, checking its systems. "Is okay. He talks like he knows how to plan."

She pulled up several possible blueprints of several ships. "Is a military ship, so it may still have defense systems active. We might be able to hack in and turn to our use...but we do need to find what kind of ship it is." She looked up. "Any Intel?"

From the intercomm. Quaddies voice emerges. "I got scans, but I'm still trying to parse the data, and build it to a usable map, but, we are going to enter via a breach on the aft hull, there are little repairs going on, from then on we are proceeding to the bridge, or computer core."

((making map))

"What? No," says ShyGuy to Shadows question. "Of course not."

They cross their arms in front of their chest, then, several seconds later, realizing what they've done, they place their hands, palms down, on their thighs.

"I've done this before."

It would be more convincing if their voice didn't break on the last word.

After several seconds of awkward silence, ShyGuy perks up at Mulders story about the raid on N'tek research. They look like they're about to add something to Mulder's recounting of Shadow's job, when they're cut off just as they start speaking by Quaddie's news about the map.

"All of us going in one way? Isn't that, I dunno, dangerous? What if there's stray ordinance in the wreckage, or they still have some working point-defence. We could all get offed with one lucky shot."

There's a quick pause, and then another thought seems to strike them, "And inserting through a breach? These two -", a hand covered in a thin space-suit glove points to the two Tajaran, "- aren't wearing EVA gear. Neither is your co-pilot, or the droid."