6. Hong Nguyen, Chief Engineer
  7. Akshay Kumar, Chief Engineer
  8. Keqiang Zhao, Captain
  9. Inkeri Kuusinen, Physician
  10. Valeriya Gyllenhaal, Chief Medical Officer

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

------------------------------

General Whitelist Requirements 

What colour do you plan on making your first alien character?: (RGB 43, 72, 58) Zkaii Ta

Have you read the lore pages for the species you wish to be whitelisted for?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this species?: For the sheer amount of historical background and lore present within the Vaurca species, it is woefully underplayed and I believe anyone who hasn't engaged with this species is missing out on some of the best written content on Aurora, though I do have my own personal reasons as to why I chose Vaurca as my first species to apply for. At the risk of repeating myself, the deep history and culture of the Vaurca caught my eye on first sight, and I read through nearly every page within a few hours. This helps to compliment the juxtaposition of the mythological beginnings of the Vaurca species, to the diminished position they exist in now, which is a dynamic I would greatly enjoy exploring further.

What makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a human?: The difference between Humans and Vaurcae couldn't be more pronounced, from the way they are created, to the way they live, and the way they die. The eusocial engineering of Vaurca society is incredibly unique from the more 'human' cultures of the Skrell, Unathi and Tajara; particularly obvious when Vaurcae struggle (or thrive depending on the Hive and brood) to integrate with their host nations. On a mechanical level, the differences require Vaurca players to approach the way they play in a very different manner than they usually would, from only breathing from internal phoron tanks and consuming k'ois, to using the Hivenet to represent the eusocial nature of the Vaurca.

------------------------------

Character Application

Character Name: Ta'Akaix'Zhuyix'kiux'yit K'lax

Write a backstory for your character. This may include their origin, education, personality and how they arrived to the SCCV Horizon. 
Ta'Akaix'Zhuyix'kiux'yit K'lax was hatched a Type CB Breeder, or Gyne, shortly after the Exodus to the brood of Ta’Akaix’Zkaii’xay’yil K’lax during the Vaurcresian search for a new home. During her formative years, Zhuyix was educated by her elder Sisters on the intricacies of Vaurcresian society, culture, history and the byzantine social network expected of a Ta. Growing during the inception of the Mother Dream religion, Zhuyix clutched onto this belief as her brood and Queen would, and would seek to nurture it during her time in the Ny'tatyk (Mother Dream in basic, what the Zkaii brood call Virtual Reality).

In March of 2459, the K'lax Hiveship would finally arrive in Uueoa-Esa, and soon after would become vassals of the Izweski Hegemony. A few years later, with the K'lax being granted the planet of Tret and it's surrounding satellite objects, it was Queen Zkaii who would not only hold the position of Overlord of Tret, cementing the K'lax position within the Hegemony's feudal structure, she would also be elected High Queen of Hive K'lax. With Zkaii and her brood becoming the face of the Hive in their early representation, Zhuyix along with a number of her Sisters, would take a unique interest in the Unathi and be some of the first to represent the K'lax Hive and the Zkaii brood to the Hegemony.

Now a Ta with thousands of years of training and experience, Zhuyix secured a position as one of the skilled Diplomats of the K'lax Hive. Following the somewhat controversial decision allowing K'lax Diplomats to serve as auxiliary consulars to their Unathi counterparts, allowing them to fulfill limited consular duties for Hegemony citizens, Zhuyix would be granted clearance to join the Hegemony's diplomatic mission in the Republic of Biesel, representing the K'laxan Vaurca working for Hephaestus in the Republic, along with a small group of her Sisters. In early 2466, following the arrival of the SCCV Horizon in Tau Ceti's gravity well, Zhuyix was informed that she would be transferred aboard to bolster the small consulate maintained jointly by the Izweski Hegemony and Hive K'lax. Seeing this as a great opportunity to further her own influence, and that of Hive K'lax in the name of the Mother and the High Queen, she accepted this with great enthusiasm.

Zhuyix enjoys her time studying Vaurcresian history and spirituality, with a focus on the Mother Dream and the K'lax more specifically, and she has created many great pieces of information on the topic in Virtual Reality. As is becoming more popular with the K'lax, Zhuyix has taken a keen interest in Unathi media, to better suit her technical position as a noble lady; she enjoys reading a massive variety of Moghresian  literature and keeps a printed collection with her wherever she travels. She has recently begun learning the Unathi game of Conquest, and aims to become a master at the game, after all it could be a valuable commonality between her and an unassuming Hegemony lord, facilitating the growth of her vast social network into the K'lax's new home.

How has the recent events of the Orion Spur impacted your character? Events such as the Phoron Scarcity, the Solarian Collapse or even the Invasions of Biesel for interstellar-wide affairs, while region-specific events such as the Peacekeeper Mandate, The Titan Rises or even Cold Dawn may impact your character.  

• Hephaestus Monopoly over the Hegemony Economy - Before the Phoron Scarcity and the great Hephaestus buy-out and monopoly of the Hegemony economy as a whole, the K'lax had arrived only under a decade earlier. Following these large-scale reforms, the K'lax Hive were not left forgotten, and the cooperation between these two entities has reaped great benefits for the Hive. Zhuyix recognises Hephaestus' contributions to saving the K'lax's lieges from collapse, and helping them secure a place in the wider Spur.
  • Phoron Scarcity - As a Vaurca and a citizen of the Hegemony, Zhuyix is greatly worried about the precarious position her people hold. Spending a majority of her years during the Two-Thousand Year Gap, her experiences of the wonders of Pre-Exodus Vaurca civilisation were experienced through Virtual Reality, and she could not imagine the Vaurca having to return to such dire times again.
  • War in Heaven and the K'lax-Tupii brood- Zhuyix views Tupii's blatant upstaging of High Queen Zkaii towards herself and denial of the Mother Dream in a Caprice Sun interview as a deeply offensive action that would only bring misfortune onto the Hive. As a Zkaii Ta, she finds herself firmly in the Pious Integrationism camp that the conflict has created. While as a Diplomat Ta, the conflict is not as close to her personally as it is to many of her Sisters, and it has become important to maintain the face of the K'lax Hive abroad, or more importantly of the Zkaii brood.

How does your character view the megacorporation they work for?

Due to the unique position Zhuyix is in, I will be talking about her relations and views of the K'lax Hive and Izweski Hegemony, which she represents as a consular officer, and Hephaestus because of it's monopoly influence in the Hegemony.

• The K'lax Hive - As a Diplomat Ta of Zkaii's brood, Zhuyix holds a fervent loyalty to Mother K'lax and her High Queen. As a follower of the Mother Dream, she believes that serving the Hive usefully is the ultimate goal in her simulated existence in order to properly ascend to a higher plane, and it is therefore her view that there is nothing more important than the success of the Hive, by any means necessary. Zhuyix considers herself an expert theologian of the Mother Dream, and she has had experience supporting the spiritual welfare of the Zkaii K'lax abroad of which she has represented.
  • Izweski Hegemony - Zhuyix believes it was by Mother K'lax's divine mandate that the K'lax join the Hegemony. Her views on the Hegemony and the Unathi are therefore highly positive, and as a consular representing them both, she has gone to great strides to learn about Unathi culture and history. The recent Sk'akh-Mother Dream syncretism has also made Zhuyix curious about Unathi religions, and she has devoted time (and Viax assistants) to make it a pursuable hobby.
  • Hephaestus Industries & Human Megacorporations - As stated earlier in how recent events have affected Zhuyix, she holds a great appreciation for Hephaestus, as they saved the Hegemony in a dire time, and have secured many in the K'lax Hive a way of life (and further profits for the Hive). As a whole, Zhuyix believes the hierarchy and collective goal of profit of the megacorporations is efficient and cheap, although they lack the artisanal prowess of K'laxan engineering.
Edited by beepbopbeepbop
Minor grammatical and formatting change. Slight expansion on views of the K'lax Hive.
  • Like 2

I think Anthony is very capable of playing a large variety of roles and backgrounds; you could say it's almost his specialty. I can also tell he put a good amount of thought into this application, and I'm looking forward to being able to Vaurca alongside him soon. For those reasons, he has my +1!

• Thanks 1

I really like the app and I’ll post my thoughts later. For now I only have a main question regarding the War in Heaven.

- What does Zhuyix think of Xeru?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Desven said:

I really like the app and I’ll post my thoughts later. For now I only have a main question regarding the War in Heaven.

- What does Zhuyix think of Xeru?

Zhuyix views Xeru as an integral asset of the Zkaii brood, and as it is an incredibly devoted follower of the Mother Dream, she holds a general liking to it. Although she may know herself as superior to it still, being a Gyne herself and Xeru being one of the brood Xakatlan, she sees it's mastery over the Aether as a useful gift that demonstrates a closeness to Mother K'lax, an impressive feat for a Warrior with a background of little renown. With all that being said, she recognises that the Exemplar has little influence outside of the Ny'tatyk, however she knows it's faith to the Mother Dream makes up for any shortcoming.

I really liked this application, especially because of the effort it was put in. I think you've showed over time that you really care about Vaurca lore even if you hadn't sat through and read it fully. It's always a joy to hand a whitelist to people who are passionate about the species and care about IC developments.

Accepted.

• Desven locked this topic