Player/Round complaint (Wizard, 2nd May 2015)

BYOND Key: Killerhurtz

Player Byond Key: Alberyk

Staff involved: Tuiee

Reason for complaint: Lack of RP. The character known as Shaman Torn-Horn was a wizard - however due to bad moves he got stopped early. He then proceeded to scream about some curse because of a Tajaran who didn't even kill a cow, sending a curse/virus/something into people which made them blind intermittently, then their heads started turning into horse heads. He was brought to Virology because he was suspected, and because he was properly confined he proceeded to spam some spell to completely explode Virology before disconnecting. We couldn't recover from the subsequent damage and deaths (on a ~12 player game, 7 deaths including himself, 5 of them being direct, 2 of them because he killed all of medical so they couldn't get treated) before end-of-round. THEN, probably because of his spell - either some infected people or the cloned people just started exploding. It was a horrible round for pretty much everyone involved - we spent the first half of the round quarantining people and the second trying to get people not to die/get cloned and retrieve their stuff in the breached virology.

Approximate Date/Time: 2nd of May, 2015, ~1:45 AM to ~3:45AM EST (GMT-5)

Edited by Guest

Right, I walked into virology, where I started to use the horse head spell, claiming it was a curse from the spiritis upon the station. But, before talking about the fireball spell at virology, let me tell about the actions of security in that round. When I first meet the only officer at the station, ask for me to come to the brig, search me and then just stick me inside the cell for 35 minutes before command arrives. He confisquated my teleportation scroll, stealing a tool I could use to escape without violence, since I had only robeless spells (blind, force wall, knock, curse of the horse, fireball). All of this I did willing, since, I had no intenation to play an agressive antag at the start.

After I start using the blind spell, which is temporary at all, at the bar because of the conflict between the cook and the engineer over an animal, people think it is a sickness and a station wide quarantine happens.

So, I went after the tajara, claiming she was getting the spirits angry, and at virology, I start using the horse head spell, of course, I never said I was behind so, at all points I claimed It was a outside interference. Then, the officer just take out his taser and use it against me asking questions, after cuffing me, he spamms his baton and flash. He screams for the doctors to get sleeping toxin, even if I am not trying to flee from my cuffs. And they start injecting me with sleeping toxing, at this points I use fireball, fighting back security, and breaching virology and killing people, even myself.

So, if security tries to fight an antag, they should wait for him to fight back, the officer shot first. I had no other weapons, because they stole my tp scroll in the most meta way as possible, so, I would just end inside the brig, probably with a straightjacket and muzzled, like I have seen the officer in question use a lot of times against even non violence prisioners. So, if you attack an antag, expect him to fight back, and I did using the only thing it was possible, which was fireball.

I was not behind any infection or such, since the blind spell is temporary. So, corpse turning into gibbs or anything else was not my issue, also, it was pretty possible to clone pretty much everyone killed by the incident. I didn't disconnected after dying, I was also talking to an admin about it, so, I was online for a bit even after my death, at the point I was able to watch the rescue of the corpses and the cloning of most of them.

I can confirm that the security officer present at the time was very quick to arrest the wizard for what seemed to be no valid IC reason, and set the timer to 35 minutes (I was quick to get a command staff member in there, and set the radio to the AI frequency to listen in). While the wizard was explaining his thing about spirits and such, the security officer says 'Wizard Federation', which Alberyk had not once said that I'm aware of.

I can't say what happened in virology prior to the explosions, because I couldn't listen in there due to lack of wall radios that covered the part of the room they were in.

First, Alberyk - you say that you talked to an admin, could I know who so that I can modify the first post?

Second, upon this - I understand more your actions (and in retrospect maybe I should have acted differently as well - the AI DID warn me that the guard who arrested the wizard was more aggressive (which was why I was summoned really fast, since apparently the one other Head got into cryo really early).

Now, though - the reason why we made a big deal out of the Wizard Federation was because it was written on the scrolls, though that wasn't a huge alert for Sybil - she freed the wizard and contacted Central because it was so outlandish. It was the first and last time I had seen the wizard that round until Virology just blew up, after which (and I quote from Sybil) "spent all of my time dealing with the squishy organics" which was a pain since all of medical was dead and about half the living crew seemed injured somehow.

It still doesn't explain why people were exploding, however. As a side note, there is a single IC reason I can see why the wizard would be arrested - if someone showed up with a strange name and didn't show up on the crew records, it would be understandable for him to be detained.

First, Alberyk - you say that you talked to an admin, could I know who so that I can modify the first post?

Second, upon this - I understand more your actions (and in retrospect maybe I should have acted differently as well - the AI DID warn me that the guard who arrested the wizard was more aggressive (which was why I was summoned really fast, since apparently the one other Head got into cryo really early).

Now, though - the reason why we made a big deal out of the Wizard Federation was because it was written on the scrolls, though that wasn't a huge alert for Sybil - she freed the wizard and contacted Central because it was so outlandish. It was the first and last time I had seen the wizard that round until Virology just blew up, after which (and I quote from Sybil) "spent all of my time dealing with the squishy organics" which was a pain since all of medical was dead and about half the living crew seemed injured somehow.

It still doesn't explain why people were exploding, however. As a side note, there is a single IC reason I can see why the wizard would be arrested - if someone showed up with a strange name and didn't show up on the crew records, it would be understandable for him to be detained.

I was talking to Tuiee at the moment about it. The officer asked for me to follow him, and I did without any problems at all in our first meeting. I was attacked by him at virology later, that is why I fought back, I didn't start the conflict between us, he did in fact, by attacking me and using all the means to contain me, even after I was not resisting anything and just speaking some gibberish.

At all, removing my tp scroll just removed more pacific options from my roster. When you fight an antag, you should expect him to fight back, and I did it using my only tool left. Also, about the bodies exploding, no real idea, wizards have no spell that can gibb people like this, it was something else. My only real dealy spell was the fireball, blind is only temporary and the horse head is just harmless silly.

I... just realized what happened - and Alberyk, you ARE partially at fault for the gibbing.

There's always two random virus samples in Virology, with random effects. When you exploded everything (at this point I don't blame you anymore, it's pretty evident that you ran out of options), you probably freed one of the samples, which started festering in the dead bodies.

Then, like a dumbass, I /dragged/ the infected bodies into Cloning, cloned the bodies and got the bodies to cryo (which most likely means the clone was also infected since there was blood everywhere). And so every clone there was was bound to explode because of that virus released in virology.

Such is the dangers of doing things in Virology...

So virology was set up, as I understand, and the wizard fought back when he was captured, which in turn, breached virology and caused the mess.

There was a risk if virology was set up, cooking, and he was housed there.

No.

Virology /wasn't/ cooking becasue Alberyk's character's thing was a curse. But the officer, in an attempt to cure it, brought him to Virology before severely robusting the wizard even though he didn't offer resistance at first, and then blew up everything. However, the way Virology is set up, there's always two or three virus samples that spawn so that the virologist can develop new viruses instead of waiting for a pandemic. During the explosions, they probably broke - and the crew got infected when the corpses got retrieved for cloning.

I am not sure about so, since I was far from the viral vials when I used the fireball spell first time, and then, I retreated to near the monkey's pen. Also, I heard in occ in the day after that some chemistry was feeding potassium and water to people, gibbing them, which I can't be sure at all anyway.

Alberyk, I was the one to retrieve the bodies from Virology.

If you had been an antag, it would have been considered GLORIOUS damage. There was a breach in the middle of the place, the tables were completely destroyed in that area and neither the lab nor the quarantine area had power because you broke the power lines.

Also, that potassium and water would have done more than gib I think, AND it would have been easy to pin since it probably would have been instantaneous.

Re-reading this, because security was pushing the wizard constantly, the wizard, in an attempt to fight or flight (his scroll was taken away), decided to push back. Shot a fireball. Broke a viral container. The black plague spread, people died. It was not like it was unprovoked, however. Crap happens, it gets out of your grasps and goes out of your control, people die as a result. But there was build up of conflict with a backstabbing officer.

That's what I see which happened.