Nanda's Head of Staff application

BYOND key: Nandabun

Character names: Aquila, Natalie Hallstrom, Alexia West, Harle Shine, Nanda Star, Asterisk Gray, Airaine Small, Bree, Sedarit.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: About six months. I think.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

Why did you come to Aurora?:

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplaying is about the experience multiple people can create when coming together and acting. It's multiplayer story crafting, real time.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: The Heads of Staff are, ultimately, responsible for the safety and well-being of the crew. Every Head of Staff needs to take it upon themselves to watch out for everyone they can, especially during a crisis situation.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: If you have taken the time and effort, and gone through the steps of getting whitelisted, you are taking added responsibility of knowledge and self-awareness in your surrounding area and fellow players. It means that here, on this station, a Head of Staff is genuinely someone that's worked for their position, and not, as the saying goes, "a bald" that will stab you in the eye with a screwdriver first chance they get. As such, it's almost as if their dedication to the crew and station has been doubled.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Harle Shine

Character age: 32

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): When Harle was very young, her parents were living on a planet side colony. Unfortunately, an overambitious virologist with dreams of conquest developed and released a super virus. Most of the colony was wiped out, and those who survived were very sick for many years. Where some may have given up, it gave Harle determination to become a virologist herself, to place herself in a position to be able to create vaccines and cures to such mad men's schemes.

Unfortunately, in her late 20s, Harle had a little accident in her lab. The head virologist was away on an errand, and had tasked his apprentice with cleaning the lab for the day. She trips, sending a flask spiraling, spilling it's contents on the floor. The airborne virus quickly spread through the station she was employed at in a matter of minutes, riding the closed atmospherics lines. Quickly cleaning the spill, Harle covered her accident, and was called on to create a cure. She did so, and was heralded as a hero, having saved the station from whatever eldritch disease she herself had released, praying no one ever found out.

Finding this to be a little too much, and way too close a call for comfort, she changed her studies gradually, so as to not raise suspicion, apply for classes and training programs that were more geared for leadership, until finally, at age 32, she applied for a Head of Personnel position at a nearby station.

What do you like about this character?: Ironically enough, the accidental release of a virus did happen during a round, and I was able to cover it up and create a cure, no one the wiser. I like that her background, combined with this incident, creates an internal conflict. She's always struggling with falling short of her life's dream, but being terrified of creating a similar situation she survived when she was a child.

What do you dislike about this character?: Harle can be a bit naive and trusting, which sometimes leads her into bad situations a more experienced or skeptical staff member might be able to avoid. She likes to believe the best of people, which is probably why she got stabbed in the face by a chef when she was re-assigned as her replacement, once.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: Truthfully, Harle herself has no notable qualifications as a head of staff. A bright virologist, her career now stunted and stagnant, the terror of being caught in a lie bigger than her drives her to push herself harder and run further in her efforts.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I believe I am a decent roleplayer, I do have my own unique style and outlook on things, often taking time to stop an action sequence to type out an emote, or chew someone out for something, instead of just silently repairing the station or mechanically performing surgeries left and right. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give myself an 8.

Extra notes: N/A

If you even have to ask 'why would I want to vote yes' then you are a terrible human being.

I have worked with Aquila on MANY shifts and that character is:

A. Awesome.

B. Adorable.

C. SUPER Competent.

D. Of sound mind (I.E. Not a big ol dummy.)

How did I miss this without endorsing it? I must be terrible.

Nanda is one of the more engaging players in engineering. Fun to cooperate and chat with regarding atmospherics, I would assume they're an efficient teacher, too, given how many apprentices I've seen attached to them.

This app has my endorsement for the above reasons!

I love everyone in this thread and everything about all of this. Thank you guys so much.

Even if I don't cross the finish line, your kind words and comments of support mean a freakin' lot!

Edit: Incorrect word syntax.

Nanda? I have interact only with one of their character, It was Aquila, but that was really enought. It was first IPCs that were in love and at the same department at the same time: Aquila and Helligan(not me), I liked to see their lovely monitors that were always with cute smile when they are together, how they cares about each other in every major and minor situation... those couple were like a symbol for me.

Nanda is just all-around good people. Never seen any issues come up with her, her antag play is very mild and reasonable even when she's toting around e-swords, good with the mechanics of the game, good at roleplaying all sorts of stuff -- though my biggest interaction with her is through Aquila.