[Accepted]MeowMeow Lizard App

Guest Menown

Guest Menown

BYOND Key:Meowykins

Character Names:Yukimura cats, Trelin the god of all, Cripply cadet, ect.

How long have you been playing on Aurora:Since Skull's name was blue.

Species you are applying to play:Unathi!

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: We don't have one of our own yet, so, no. Though, I've read Bay's.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:One thing I've wanted to explore, was a way to conceptualize just how similar the Unathi are, in relation to their human cohorts. Both of them come from ravished homes, and have strict guidelines that a majority of them follow. This brings an interesting point that allows a similar, albeit different manner of play for these scaly lizzies..

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:Apart from the basic alien-ness of the Unathi, not much is different. I'd say they are fairly similar to the Tajaran in playstyle, just with a different set of ticks and racial faux-pas.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?Looking for a change-up, I suppose. It isn't so much about how it holds my interests, it's more about staying I have the dionaea, tajaran, IPC, skrellian, and head whitelist, so I've gotten most of what there is to offer out of this game.

Character Name:Sunizai Uzanri

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Luthien. NanoTrasen Outpost Diomete. Sunizai, aka Technician Uzanri, was a member of the development team for the outpost. Learned, in electrical computing, as well as an expert in Extra Vehicle Activities, she was part of a division developing interior systems for the various space-resiliant systems in use by NanoTrasen forces.

Born on Moghes, her clan consisted of a group that closely followed the Fruitful Lights. Her interest in computers brought her into the company NanoTrasen, who were always hiring new candidates. Sunizai left her home, against her family's wishes. Her contact having begun, she was stationed in the untamed planet of Luthien. Learning her trade, while taking a side interest in calligraphy, she remained there for several years until the facility was shut down, and taskings were distrobuted around several of the corporation's holdings in the system. Sunizai was tasked to the NSS Aurora, as an electrician for the engineering corps.

What do you like about this character?Lizard. She's fairly calm. Not quick to anger, due to a different upbringing than other unathi. She's also one of the only females I've seen aboard our god forsaken station.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?Good enough to warrant five whitelists, four custom items, and people saying nice things about me c: Hopefully that's good enough for this.

Notes:Ravioli ravioli, give me the lizioli.

Character Names:Yukimura cats, Trelin the god of all, Cripply cadet, ect.

Not to be that guy here, but I need to -1 this app.

Given that you have of late used both your other alien whitelists and human characters to make silly joke characters, I am _1ing until such time that I feel you can play your characters seriously.

Guest Menown

Witt.

Can I ask what silly joke characters you're talking about..? Other than Trelin, who I have solely for the purpose of Nuke rounds, and haven't played in several weeks. I've also played several skrell characters, but no more than a couple days.

As for "cripply cadet," Cassidy isn't a silly joke character either. I'm assuming that you haven't actually seen her ICly, and only the OOC humor of her. I wouldn't go through the trouble of designing several custom items, as well as a fairly intricate backstory for a character I use in a silly nature. I mean, I'm even filling out one of our employment records for her :c

I can see how having silly, joke characters (which you DO have, no offense), may make one wish to prevent Meowy from getting access to one of the most joked-about species in this game, I also have had some experiences with Meowy joking around with their developer powers and smashing people with newscasters and such in build mode.

So, since I don't feel it necessary to especially try and keep Meowy from getting this whitelist by -1'ing, I will just refrain from voting in total.

Guest Menown
I also have had some experiences with Meowy joking around with their developer powers and smashing people with newscasters and such in build mode.

And I've been talked to about that. It's also something I don't do anymore.

If we're bringing up my errors as a Dev for a whitelist, then why don't we have a conduct section in the application? I honestly fail to see how that applies, in regard to my ability as a roleplayer, and if I'd be willing to handle the responsibility of a whitelist. If you guys have an issue with me having them, feel free to file a report to take all of them away.

Plus one for spite's sake. Even if Trelin is a joke character, he did what I haven't seen any nuke op do in years: a good job. Characters don't have to be a hundred-percent serious, and I think taking a break from guy-who-shoots-things-good shooting things good and attempted-kidnapper-#10000000 attempting to kidnap people is a good thing. Especially if it's passive-aggressive asshole radio-tree doing it.

And Cass. Cass is probably horribly offensive, but this is a byond game, and most of our server population is a lovely blend of horrendously ignorant, sexist, ableist, etc. They're young and have growing to do. It's better to be knowingly offensive than offensively ignorant, I think. And Kit has more to her than being on a wheelchair, so. Moot point regardless. There ya' go.

Played with Meow on most of his characters barr Trelin, who honestly in the grand scheme of things doesn't sound nearly as bad as some Agents end up being from even more experienced roleplayers.

On the note of Kit, reasoning behind that character isn't too unbelievable. Disable employees are a big PR boost for Nanotrasen, so why not employ someone who's good at their job & has that nice non-discrimitory reputation attached to it.

Anyways. Good guy. Good roleplay. Good app. Good +1

• 2 weeks later...

I have my reservations but I'm leaning towards +1ing this application. True, sometimes Meow really isn't 100% serious with his characters, but I enjoy the cute, awkward atmosphere it gives the station.

• 4 weeks later...