Alberyk's Tajara Application

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Character Names: Aaron Hawkins, Luctus and Sslazhir Yinzr.

Species you are applying to play: Tajaran.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Chocolate (RGB 94,38,18)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because I wish to play different races and characters at all, and xeno crew are a perfect way to do so. Also, the tajaran race has a really well developed lore, which expands the possibilities in building a character. The good amount of information on their culture, ethnicities, history and religion is quite interesting, which really draws me in building characters based upon them.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

The tajaran specie has several differences in relation to the humans, like in their speech, rolling the letter R and referring themselves in the third person. Also, due to their rich background, they can carry far different manners and beliefs which differ from the ones that a human character would have. The disparities between their own ethnicities also bring several roleplaying possibilities.

Character Name: Dimah Akhatov.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Dimah Akhatov was born in a large family with Zhan-Khazan origins mixed to M’Sai as well, which lived in the rural outskirts of Nal'tor under the rule of the traditional tajaran nobles. Most of her family left Ahdomai after the end of the war that plagued the planet and its population, settling later in Biesel. Dimah was born in the year 2431, without having any contact with her homeworld.

Her father has a small workshop, from where she learned how to deal with minor repairs, welding and electrical work, a field that she showed great enthusiasm and capacity. While her mother taught her how to cook and the basics of agriculture, remains of her family traditions back at Ahdomai. Later in her life, she joined the ranks of NanoTrasen as an engineer apprentice, eager to learn more of this field and seeking more for her life than keeping the family business alive.

What do you like about this character?

While she was raised by a traditional tajaran family, she is not ignorant of the human society and can maneuver very well between her tajaran compatriots and the alien society which she is inserted it. Also, I never really tried to play engineer in Aurora and I can be quite ignorant in his field, so playing a character in the apprentice role can be really interesting.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

It is still a question which I find a great difficult to answer, since it is quite hard to rate myself, but I believe it is good enough, since my characters usually have good reviews by other players and I always seek to provide amusing situations when possible.

Notes:

Alberyk is a good player all-around. He's one of the best antags on the server, he's fun to play "against" when you're an antag, his characters are pretty memorable, and he is generally level-headed even if he does have his characters do some questionable stuff.

Yinzr pretty much defines Unathi to me, as well, so I have no doubt that he can play other xenos well.

More catbeasts, Alberyk?

He is an excellent player, I assume everybody knows his best character - Aaron Hawkins. Amazing role play, what I mostly like in alberyk is that he can surprise you in moment when you will not expect to see this. He is very clever.

We all have seen his Unathi role play, I am sure that he will be excellent catbeast))