Remove Admantine Golems

Guest XanderDox

Why are these even a thing? They serve only to act as a Xenobiologist's muscle as soon as they're created, they can't LEGALLY leave the science department due to station directive four.

Then there's the argument of them either being a known thing, which is why Xenobiologists go directly to creating them, or if they're a brand new species, which every time they're created, should warrant Xenobiology's awarding of a nobel prize, alerting the government, and having them shipped off to some diplomat's office or a government laboratory.

Really, they just serve as Xenobiology's plaything, and a hastle for security and command. Remove them, or replace them, or whatever, but do SOMETHING, about this annoyingly strong, annoyingly useless humans on steroids.

Honestly, I think we should just have it in our lore that they're known to exist near slime colonies (Do those exist in our lore?) and keep them in. They're a nice way for ghosts to rejoin.

Also, they're useless because no one ever thinks "Hey, this flame proof, space proof, humanoid can be useful as a worker, lets make him a miner!". Off the top of my head, I can see them easily working as miners, engineering apprentices, botanists, medical orderlies, possibly as security cadets.

Regarding them being hassles. They can go down as easily as any grey-tider. They're not stun proof.

Slime colonies kinda exist, Slimes basically congregate at Bluespace anomalies (our outpost for example, is where our slimes are 'from') as Slimes come from bluespace itself.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I forgot all about golems when making bluespace lore.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Instead of stripping them away let's just work on them as is. Like a nerd above me said, they're great for menial labour. They're like dionae but without lore.

>Let's remove adamantine golems because of the worst case scenario that comes attached with them.

Uh, no. You punish the people directly responsible for making the golems run around aimlessly without command staff approving of this. That being, the xenobiologist.

why do we keep making these 'remove kebab'-esque suggestions

Because, the last rounds I've experienced, Xenobiology has ignored Command and said 'Directive Four does not apply because this is a new species, not an experiment' and Security are too afraid to directly fight the golems. They serve no purpose to further RP, we should just remove them and add a more appropriate feature, like Cortical Borers,

Because, the last rounds I've experienced, Xenobiology has ignored Command and said 'Directive Four does not apply because this is a new species, not an experiment' and Security are too afraid to directly fight the golems. They serve no purpose to further RP, we should just remove them and add a more appropriate feature, like Cortical Borers,

You've not seen a xenobiologist that has made them interesting, then. And by the logic of being forced to follow Directive Four anyway, you can't 'further RP' when the test subjects are locked into areas highly secluded from the rest of the station.

This is still the 'I don't like the thing because people have pulled it off awfully, remove the thing' line of logic I'm seeing.

Slime colonies kinda exist, Slimes basically congregate at Bluespace anomalies (our outpost for example, is where our slimes are 'from') as Slimes come from bluespace itself.

There's a lore solution. They can be a rare specimen known to show up in medium to large colonies of slimes who work as protectors and do tasks other slimes cannot.

Why you shouldn't remove golems

Reasons to remove golems and why they are stupid reasons

Because they always escape and force people to break directive four

Why its stupid: Because what else would you expect the Golems to do?. Agree to be stuck in a cage all day long?. no. no one would want that. so why would the Golems?.

Also if you remove Golems because of that your removing a thing for people to do. your basically removing one of the prime objectives in Xenobiology and your also removing one of the only reasons some people play xenobiology.

Also your getting rid of lots of potential RP situations. like for an example the Golem outbreak where their was three golems. I was the bartender their and that was one of the funniest Moments of gameplay I've ever had.

Because Something happened that forced the players to take sides. and added a good. tension filled situation. that added RP

Reason two:No Lore

why its stupid: Go and write some lore. problem solved.

Why we shouldn't remove Golems

because we don't have any good reason too.

Golems leaving R&D can create good roleplay, but they always give Security/the HoP/IAA a headache and get the Xenobiologist in trouble. And it's not like any Golem players will ever want to sit in R&D all shift twiddling their thumbs hoping that some bizarre situation renders the preservation of directive four null.

Playing as a Golem can be fun too, but they're restrained from doing much without upsetting most of the people in Security, so I agree that there has to be a change somewhere regarding them. I like the idea of changing them to Cortical Borers, but doing that would give Xenobiologists something that could be used as a griefing tool.