OOC Blacklist

Guest Menown

If I personally don't want to talk or listen to someone, I don't need to justify it to "the community," or the moderation staff. An acceptable reason to block someone is whatever the person doing the blocking feels is acceptable. It's not your or anyone's place to demand that people associate with each other in ooc.

If I personally don't want to talk or listen to someone, I don't need to justify it to "the community," or the moderation staff. An acceptable reason to block someone is whatever the person doing the blocking feels is acceptable. It's not your or anyone's place to demand that people associate with each other in ooc.

Yeah, you don't have to. However, it'd make things a bit easier for me to understand?

And, you do have to justify it to the devs, if you want them to add the change.

It could be an interesting idea, as long as it was round-specific. (i.e. it was reset at every roundstart.)

That should hopefully stifle people's efforts to blacklist people for petty reasons somewhat.

Just a reminder that this was a good idea. The server would reset all active 'blacklist mutes', meaning people would need to bother muting whoever they don't want to hear nor talk to.

tbh it's not really petty to keep your head down and decide for yourself if you wanna associate with someone on the internet or not. It'd be rude in person if someone was talking to you and you actually could hear them out, but that's really not a requirement here.

this functionality at the very least would be 'I don't wanna hear it from this person (or people, I guess), I'd rather hear what other people have to say about other stuff', and at the very most 'i hate this person's frickin guts ooooooooooooooooh blacklist'. The end result, however, seems to be the same. It would seem like that people who would use this would suppress quite a bit of damage on their own rather than creating situations in which there is no 'take-backs'.

Would be nice if we could also have this added to dsay as well.

I support this function. The chat wouldn't be broken by this feature, as others have argued, so I have nothing else to add other than I think it would help in some situations. Make it reset, Staff, if you like the idea but hate that people have the power to ignore others that they don't want to hear, forever or as long as they like.

( I think we all should have the right to block anyone to avoid confrontation and also agitation. Except for staff's PMs. )

This isn't an issue of rights, it's an issue of practical utility. A non-persistant ignore function does not prevent you from ignoring someone every round, it simply requires that you make a conscious effort to do so. On the other hand, a persistent ignore function would inevitably result in people forgetting to un-ignore people that they blocked, with all the associated irritation and confusion.

With the former, if you forget, you get a very clear reminder as soon as you see their name in OOC. With the later, you get no clear reminder. Further, the latter seems like it would be used far, far more often as I can't honestly think of a single player who I'd want to block indefinitely. In fact, about the only thing I see myself using this for is to reduce the amount of OOC spam when someone talking a lot or being super-whiny... neither of which tend to last an entire round, never mind between multiple rounds.

Maybe there's some merit to this if they all reset after the round. After thinking about this a little more... I think is be fine with them working for just the round and if staff get a log of it, no i don't have in mind to bwoink someone over a mute or try to overrule it. Mostly so we could see something like player X consistently getting a lot of mutes from players.