Human Religions

I'm pretty sure that any religions that have survived into the 25th century have adapted to fit all the technological advancement and meeting of aliens and all that, but would otherwise be pretty much the same. There's also new stuff like Gollee's Kasturi Pantheon, and crazy Nar-Sie cults. But overall, most people would probably only have a vague notion of a higher power, or be entirely atheistic. After all, shit's super rad in the future.

I'm pretty sure that any religions that have survived into the 25th century have adapted to fit all the technological advancement and meeting of aliens and all that, but would otherwise be pretty much the same. There's also new stuff like Gollee's Kasturi Pantheon, and crazy Nar-Sie cults. But overall, most people would probably only have a vague notion of a higher power, or be entirely atheistic. After all, shit's super rad in the future.

If the answer is "most everyone's an atheist" then I'm gonna be kinda... I guess disappointed? It's probably one of the most boring and groan inducing sci-fi tropes - I'm not really sure why everyone would become an atheist. Cloning would likely complicate things a little bit, but in lore, cloning has only been around for around 4 decades and is very limited (from what I can tell, I have no fucking idea).

Basically, if Zoroastrianism can survive 3,000 years, Buddhism 2,500, Christianity 2,000, I think most major religions today are gonna be alright in 400 years.

I know, at least, that Islam is prominent in Elryan space. They're descended from Africa, India, and the Middle East, though I would imagine the faith has changed quite a bit with time.

Elyra today is a modern, progressive nation struggling with identity. It carries neo-Islamic undercurrents in society and this religion remains the dominant faith - Sunni's, Shia's, and other sects are mixed in society as well as the other major religions of humanity. This mix of faiths has generally lead to a society of tolerance - this translates only in the major, progressive cities where there is a large educated middle class. Outside these cities where social investment is lower, religious and ethnic tensions exist that periodically erupt into violence.

So Religions, theistic ones, are definitely still a thing.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Religions is whatever your character wants to be that's reasonable enough to not get you bwoink'd. I highly doubt our faiths would just disappear. They're ancient institutions, and won't just disappear because people float around in space now.

The Sol Alliance is a sprawling behemoth, and it's extremely decentralized. The only common thing Alliance star systems have are tax and post offices. Religion is equally as diverse, especially having grown and changed in the hundreds of years.

The sects of the major religions today are still vaguely reminiscent because it's easy to easily identify and play with what you know. Creating doctrines for completely unique new branches of human religion is something that's creative and open-ended when done by the players, but if the lore team makes a comprehensive, hard description of the faiths and how they operate it'd serve to just restrict people. On another former server, they had a list of approved religions that humanity followed, and you had to be one of those faiths. They had entire wiki pages and descriptions. It was. . . Not very engaging.

So to get an idea, just expand the scope of the modern day statistics on faith and you won't be wrong.

I feel that a list wouldn't serve to hinder as much as help create. Think of all the sects of christianity, So we allow all of those and maybe give people a basis to follow. No one says the list is exhaustive. Feel free to create and mold beyond the bounds. A list might help our players who are a bit less creative, or perhaps shy about going to far and want a starting ground wrapped in lore.