Complaint: LetzShake

BYOND Key: skull132

Player Byond Key: LetzShake

Reason for complaint:

• Incompetence in a command role

Basically, I was rather infuriated by the way I was treated as a fellow leader in this situation. And I do not think I'm being inconsiderate while saying this. He assumed acting captain and control over a situation without me, the only other acting head of staff, being aware or having provided any input. What irked me the most was an unnecessary comment regarding the usage of surgery lights in the operating theatre. Why am I raising this up? Because you do not step into another head's lane unless absoloutely necessary. It completely and utterly, even small comments like that, undermines the authority of the original head and it can create confusion in the original team. You do not do this.
  • Potential powergaming in Science

Ran around with a chameleon suit set to CC officer most of the round. I do believe they also had a Lawgiver in their possession until the very end of the round.

He assumed acting captain and control over a situation without me, the only other acting head of staff, being aware or having provided any input.

Here I can admit possible fault. While I have played Head of Staff often, I have not really ever had to play Head of Staff along with other heads of staff during an emergency scenario. I felt that I didn't have time to do a lot of consulting and discussion when there were time bombs all over the station. I probably could've handled this better, but both IC and OOC, it was a fairly new scenario. Nehma is rather mild mannered, and hasn't dealt with serious danger before. That said, I did announce my intention to assume the role of acting captain.

What irked me the most was an unnecessary comment regarding the usage of surgery lights in the operating theatre.

This is really purely an IC thing, I think. The only reason he mentioned it was because he unwittingly walked into a surgery in progress with a dead body in tow, because the surgeon didn't have the light on. He's no doctor so he assumed someone walking into surgery is a really bad idea and could lead to infections or what have you. He probably overestimates the importance of a perfectly clean environment in surgery a bit (I know, as a player, that someone walking into surgery won't result in an infection. Nehma, as a character, does not know that.)

That said, if I was wrong for not speaking to you first about it, then having you tell the person, then fair enough, I'll be more careful about it in the future. But I think it was pretty natural for Nehma to say it himself, as it had just directly happened to him.

Potential powergaming in Science

Ran around with a chameleon suit set to CC officer most of the round. I do believe they also had a Lawgiver in their possession until the very end of the round.

As far as I'm aware, there's no IC knowledge that the chameleon suit is anything more than "a kinda neat thing", so Nehma saw no problem using one. Originally he'd had it set to a dress but when it came time to assume Captain, he just set it to the thing that was at the top of the list and liked how it saw. As far as I'd seen in the Identifying Antagonist guide, it's not listed as an illegal item, unless it's used to imitate a restricted item. That said, I can see how a Central Command jumpsuit could fall into that category, and will avoid it in the future. Nehma just liked how it looked.

As for the lawgiver, as I recall, I'd kept it stuffed in the locker in my office most of the round except when I was acting captain and had reason to believe there was a terrorist on the loose, at which point... well I think it was a pretty reasonable thing to keep a weapon on you and that was the weapon I happened to have most readily available.

It's a habit of Nehma, specifically, as a character, to keep trophies of especially advanced research to bring back to central command. Usually with the Lawgiver, which i used to keep on me but realized that's probably shady, I keep it in the locker until the end of the shift. But usually if research has gone well, Nehma brings a couple of discs of research back to central.

And most importantly about the lawgiver was during the meeting with Issek, the Captain, and you, I was autoantagged. At which point I scrapped any plans to stow my lawgiver or give additional ones to the captain or Head of Security (I actually had the ones I was going to give them in my bag, and was going to do it at the end of the meeting, then I got antagged and decided NOPE.) in favor of my plan to kidnap Issek at gunpoint for her bounty, which failed when I wasn't able to isolate her.

It's been a learning process playing head on a serious RP server. So I'm not trying to dismiss your complaints, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning, in character, and out, for my actions, so that you understand they aren't just out of malicious powergaming. I know the mechanics of the game well but fully and seriously following proper procedure on a full sized populated station has been something I've been learning. Nehma is, as a character, a bit more cavalier about stepping out of regulations though he's also 'safe' about it (he might break the law but unless he's an antag he wouldn't ever use lethal force on anyone. And even then usually not).

edit: That came out longer than I expected. Sorry if I seem a bit defensive, guess I'm a little nervous about having a formal complaint against me.

Additional complaint:

Date: 7/11/14

Details: During a normal traitor round with very little happening in the way of destruction, Letz decided that he needed to call the shuttle after a small explosion(( C-4 explosion in medbay lobby)). There are two issues here; 1. he gave engineering no chance to respond to the damage and just called the shuttle; 2. he chose to ignore SoP and evac instead of contacting central, As a note to this, both myself and scopes were observing at this time and could have ERT Engies to repair it if it was not doable for the engie staff they had.

Letz has shown to me that he lacks the knowledge and the drive to play a head to there full potential, I strongly sugjest his whitelist be reviewed.

The atmos techs (along with everyone else active) on the station said to call the shuttle. My character does not know atmos. I, out of character, do not know Atmos. I deferred to their expertise. In the future I'll try ERT first when there's not an immediate threat to life and limb going on, as Scopes told me.

Also, a lot of the SOP that pertains to this is either unwritten or not readily available. I've read through the SOP article on the wiki a lot of times and the only reference to the ERT there is talking about Red Alerts.

If there's a separate one for this server it should be a bit more readily available.

The atmos techs (along with everyone else active) on the station said to call the shuttle. My character does not know atmos. I, out of character, do not know Atmos. I deferred to their expertise. In the future I'll try ERT first when there's not an immediate threat to life and limb going on, as Scopes told me.

Also, a lot of the SOP that pertains to this is either unwritten or not readily available. I've read through the SOP article on the wiki a lot of times and the only reference to the ERT there is talking about Red Alerts.

If there's a separate one for this server it should be a bit more readily available.

Before you defer to another's expertise it's highly recommended you try getting to know whose expertise you're weighing in on. If you don't know them, it should be assumed that they aren't particularly good at that role and aren't Stefan.

If someone says something can't be fixed, ask them in plain terms what can't be fixed. If they can't explain, it means they're generally incompetent.

Additionally, you should take recommendations for emergency courses of action with a grain of salt. You weigh in the risks versus the rewards and make a course of action from there.

My persona quarrle has, hopefully, been settled with this.

Basically, understand that even the smallest of comments, and especially the smallest of comments, made like that are bad form in a command staff. It serves only to undermine the command of the head of the department you are commenting about.