Icaari's Tajaran Whitelist Application

Byond Key: Icaari

Character Names:Icaari Silnaught, Aali Akila

Species you are applying to play:Tajaran

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):Corgi orange, Black, and white

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:I have been on this server many times about a year ago, and i always played as a tajaran. It's my favorite race, because you're always targeted for being hated. This adds a whole new level to Roleplay and i really like the challenge.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:The Tajaran is a hated species, and i love the way is changes roleplay. The only thing i don't like about this species is that it can't wear shoes, and it needs a modified space suit.

Character Name:Aali Akila

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born on the Tajaran homeworld, Aali Akila is a unique tajaran, much different from the others. He loves to be around friends, and is interested in other alien Physique.

Aali Akila is a shy, Mid-age tajaran looking to be about in his 20s. He is about 5 feet, 6 inches tall, and obsessed about eating mice. You'd love this guy if you weren't Spacist.

What do you like about this character?

He is different from other Tajara in a few ways. Unlike other Tajara, he loves Alien physique, and tries to be accepted within them.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I think i would be a Medium-Heavy roleplayer. I seem to get quite a few friends for roleplaying abilities.

Notes:

Nothing

I don't think any of my characters have ever encountered yours, unfortunately. If I may ask, what kinds of jobs do you usually play?

I appreciate that you're interested in introducing yourself into the controversy surrounding unathi and tajarans. It's an interesting bit of storytelling, and it certainly does make it a different experience when your species is maligned. However, I don't believe I have ever seen you IC and your biography is very lacking. It isn't absolutely necessary, but I feel like this biography could use more detail about Aali Akila's employment history or something like that. Something to make the character feel more grounded in the world that the lore provides. So far, this biography is great for describing this character's personality type, but I can't say that what you've provided here is enough for me to give my approval.

I spent a round of extended poking you and your character, and I'm not any more impressed than before. I believe that you could be capable of some good RP work, but if you want to actually interact with the lore by playing a Tajaran, you have some work to do.

Edited by Guest

"Born on the Tajaran homeworld, Aali Akila is a unique tajaran, much different from the others."

No. Just no. This is not a backstory, it is "ENTER THE LOREBREAKING SNOWFLAKE!". I've never seen you in-game and this application absolutely screams of someone who hasn't put more than three seconds of thought into the story. Your backstory is more bare than a sun-baked skeleton, your reasons for 'what makes the Tajara different to RP' is VERY off, mostly focusing on mechanics, and generally, I don't think you can be REMOTELY trusted with this with the description you gave...