State of Vaurca & Vaurca Security

SilverTalismen

So, its come to my attention conflicts of lore (Regarding the wiki and its vagueness) So, I am making this thread so people can ask me what they want clarified on the wiki and I can write it down on alittle to-do list and work on it in the future, You can also post suggestions on what can be added to the lore that is reasonable.

This is also a thread so I can bring to attention the way Vaurca have been playing security, They have been compared to Unathi and acting prideful This is not how a Vaurca security officer should behave, Yes you are more than likely talented soldiers, but boasting only serves to shame your hives and yourselves, It is a inefficient use of your time and that in the end is bad, Efficiency is key, You are not working security for pride of honor, you are doing it because your hive gave you orders and the responsibility to represent them in this manner Please, try to correct your behavior Vaurca Officers, you are Vaurca, not Lizards Unathi

This is something I think needs to be clarified. According to regulation requirements, you cannot be a security /officer/ for NT without a 1 year cadet ship or a few years of prior experience, neither of which is physically possible for a species that became a part of the work force less than a year ago. There's several other positions I've seen Vaurca in with similar restrictions that are apparently overlooked for the new species; What's the story behind that? Is that going to be properly enforced again?

Most Vaurca I've seen, with a few exceptions, act like they're ant-lizards. In the past week I can think of 5 blatant uses of excessive force off the top of my head, all of which because they "insulted the hive" or "were traitors to the Queen." There was a Vaurca Officer who literally continually disobeyed the HoS's orders and screamed at and tried to assault a "traitorous Vaurca."

This is something I think needs to be clarified. According to regulation requirements, you cannot be a security /officer/ for NT without a 1 year cadet ship or a few years of prior experience, neither of which is physically possible for a species that became a part of the work force less than a year ago. There's several other positions I've seen Vaurca in with similar restrictions that are apparently overlooked for the new species; What's the story behind that? Is that going to be properly enforced again?

Vaurca are highly specialized, even unbound are to remain within a specific department, Vaurca when they are being hired by Nano-transen spend two months being tested on all parts of their job (and afew outside of it) to see how qualified they are, then they are assigned to several low priority stations if unbound for further testing and feedback and to build a employment record, Bound are testing for the promised skills statedby their hives and afew go missing during medical testing oops And when found competent they are assigned rotational shifts, so thy go from station to station working constantly having slotted time to rest and recover and drones are tracked and replacments are called for in exchange for bodies of bound and unbound that perish to be return to the hive for use in building their hives some reason nobody knows as of yet

So, its come to my attention conflicts of lore (Regarding the wiki and its vagueness) So, I am making this thread so people can ask me what they want clarified on the wiki and I can write it down on alittle to-do list and work on it in the future, You can also post suggestions on what can be added to the lore that is reasonable.

This is also a thread so I can bring to attention the way Vaurca have been playing security, They have been compared to Unathi and acting prideful This is not how a Vaurca security officer should behave, Yes you are more than likely talented soldiers, but boasting only serves to shame your hives and yourselves, It is a inefficient use of your time and that in the end is bad, Efficiency is key, You are not working security for pride of honor, you are doing it because your hive gave you orders and the responsibility to represent them in this manner Please, try to correct your behavior Vaurca Officers, you are Vaurca, not Lizards Unathi

Who is this in reference to? Surely you're not talking about Tlexa.

IIRC, in the other thread it was explained that Vaurca who can show equivalent qualifications in their home hives can get grandfathered in by passing an examination.

Most Vaurca I've seen, with a few exceptions, act like they're ant-lizards. In the past week I can think of 5 blatant uses of excessive force off the top of my head, all of which because they "insulted the hive" or "were traitors to the Queen." There was a Vaurca Officer who literally continually disobeyed the HoS's orders and screamed at and tried to assault a "traitorous Vaurca."

Trust me most of this ive heard about, hence why the other half of this thread is my scolding Vaurca players.

I was captain while three Vaurca, well, two Vaurca decided to have a Duel because of honor and being shamed out of a hive. (I believe there was a "story" behind it all and even a forum post somewhere maybe?) But it seemed very unathi. The third Vaurca being a "referee" of sorts. Then I had to argue what they were doing was completely unacceptable from NT's point of view, when one of the Vaurca simply replied "we serve the Queen, Not Nanotransen!"

I'm not going to pretend to understand the Vaurca lore, just stating from my viewpoint I have just as well encountered many Vaurca playing with the "honor" side of things

Guest Marlon Phoenix
\"we serve the Queen, Not Nanotransen!"

Make an incident report or sketch down the name of the bug and the player and bring it to my attention. Even IC'ly this statement would see them unceremoniously kicked out of Nanotrasen. If they love the queen so much, they can go back to working for her, off the station.

Make an incident report or sketch down the name of the bug and the player and bring it to my attention. Even IC'ly this statement would see them unceremoniously kicked out of Nanotrasen. If they love the queen so much, they can go back to working for her, off the station.

Even us DOs will jump on that. they are envoys here, working for NT on an NT station at the behest of their queen. They should be doing their damnedest to give their species a good name.

Even us DOs will jump on that. they are envoys here, working for NT on an NT station at the behest of their queen. They should be doing their damnedest to give their species a good name.

Yes thats a pretty big bug lore no no, They are envoy's with NT, they are on loan with orders to obey their NT bosses as they would their own Queen until they are called back to their Hives or die horribly

I see very few vaurca concerned with having a good image, excluding maybe two vaurca I've seen ever. I've never seen them described as ant-lizards, but that's a fairly accurate metaphor. I really feel whitelist evaluations on vaurca players as a whole should probably be looked into. I wouldn't really have qualms against barring them from security either, given I've seen most behave. It really doesn't make much sense lore wise, and over the past few months it's been a common issue that mods have had to deal with.