TES RP: Rescue

Guest Bokaza

Bjorn scratches his head, "It's been a while now, but alright, I'll lead you there."

He gestured Garvunn to go out and he closed the door. He started leading them past several houses, to a small road between two larger homes. He stops, "This is where it happened. The tracks have faded out somewhat and have been mixed with newer ones, so that's kind of useless now."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talen-kai tries his best to put his good perception skills to work, but unless there's something very out of ordinary, it would be no use.

"Have the Hagravensss kidnapped anyone elsssse? Isss there a more recent kidnapping locatiiion which might have fressssh evidenccce?"

Garvunn shook his head. "I wanted to tell you before we left, but it's not hagravens." He felt free to speak, given they were in a small alleyway. "Bjorn and I had a long talk after I left the inn. It hasn't been one incident, but a string of kidnappings and murders. Said they found a priest dried and left to rot on an altar. I was going to inform you and see what information I could get from townsfolk."

Bjorn points at the road, "This is where it happened. I was inform and investigated in the following morning, there were signs of a struggle, but as you can see..." There were no coherent tracks, the muddy road had seen a lot of traffic in the passing days. He turns to Garvunn, "And no, I said that it's likely tied to the Hagravens somehow, it's just that there is obviously more to it. These things have happened to much for comfort." He points down the road,"There is where they dragged here. There were no sighs of blood, just tracks, which makes me hope she is still alright."

Talen-kai could see nothing out of the ordinary.

Talen-kai reels in disgust at the description of the desanguinated priest.

"I take it then that all ssscenesss have already been invessstigated. I did not know this wasss a repeat occurrenccce around here. Garvunn, You do what you sssaid. Bjorn, could you take me to the mossst recccent ssscene of crime? Or the priessst?"

Bjorn points at the ground, "You are looking at it. I think this one is somehow connected. The other crimes are two people missing and the dead priest. The priest, well... the chapel. The other two were 'found', inside someone's basement, dried of blood. He was accused of vampirism and executed. Never got to talk to him, but he claimed innocence. Everyone was content then, thinking that it's stopped, but then this... I think it's tied, but maybe I'm just paranoid. The other crimes... well, it's been a while, but you can try breaking into the chapel or the home, both have been barred by the guard."

Bjorn shakes his head, "None. The old one died and his apprentice replaced him. Then he was murdered. I do remember there was a young women that tended the graveyard. Maybe look for her, she's likely there."

Bjorn nods, and looks at Garvunn, "You coming with us? If not, I suggest you check the Red Moon Inn." He points down the road to the east. "That's where the Miss was before she was kidnapped after heading home. Might get some answers there. Maybe they might be more open to you since they don't know you... just don't ask them about her directly. I tried, trust me."

Talen-Kai

Bjorn starts leading the argonian towards the chapel and the graveyard, exchanging few words in between, some minor details he may have noticed and how the entire village has been feeling strange lately. As they approach the graveyard, a small nord style chapel can be seen in the distance, along with what would likely be one of the largest graveyards on Tamrial. Acres of tombstones and graves, some even dotting the landscape even further. Anyone aware of Falkreath's past and reputation knows why. It's a city of the dead, known for its graveyards and as a place people come to die.

They stop short after entering. Bjorn points at a young woman that was busy pulling weeds around nearby tombstones, short, black hair and a dirty work dress. "That's her. The graveyard has many workers in charge of tending to the graveyard, but from what I understand, she's charged with this one. I'm gonna stand here while you talk to her. I've tried, she doesn't like me."

Garvunn

Garvunn found the Inn quite easily. It was small, from outside. But, as soon as he entered, he noticed that the Inn was actually half underground. Wide stairs led to the lower level. The patrons were lively, laughing and drinking. No one gave him any mind. The bartender was busy talking with a patron, the barmaids or... wenches, depending on how look at them, were walking around serving drinks and entertaining the patrons. Not the peak hour, one would assume, but business here seems good. Much more so than in the Dead Man's Drink. What do?

Talen-Kai

The girl had more of imperial features than nord, but still stout. She was kneeling down near a tombstone and pulling weeds out. She looks up, her brown tied hair dangling to the side, "Aye? What about it?"

Garvunn

Garvunn set on an empty bench in the middle of the first floor. A serving girl went to his table and asked, "Good day, what will you have?" Garvunn responded, "A mead, of cheap variety, if you will." She gave a polite nod, "Of course." and went away.

Most of the patrons were nord, of course, but there were surprising variety of races here. Garvunn could overhear the patrons sharing stories, discussing, laughing and drinking. He overheard three keywords in three different surrounding conversations: "Girl", "Gold" and "Blade". He could only reasonably hope to overhear one of these three conversations, but he could try all of them if he's a capable spy.

• 4 weeks later...

Garvun

He listens to a nearby conversation. Three men seem to be talking, an orc, a nord and a wood elf. The orc says, The girl ain't that pretty. To which the nord responds annoyed, "What do you know about man's standards of beauty. Your wife looks like a troll!" The two stand up streight and start glaring at each other while the elf chuckles loudly at a stupid comment, then adds, "Well, there is more to it than looks, Rolf, or?" The nord turns back to him and continues talking.

It might appear to Garvun that he's intruding on casual banter. He can continue listening, but maybe other conversation carry more relevant information.

Talen-Kai

The girl stood up removing her work gloves and inspecting him intently. She responds, "Bjorn put you up to this, didn't he? I've already told him, I'm not saying anything until the priesthood arrives.

Edited by Guest

Garvunn

Garvunn turned his attention to a pair of advanturers, only being able to pick up a few words beforehand since his attention was turned elsewere: "Gold... crazy... Jarl... Steward..." Having his full attention on them, he could overhear the conversation fully now. The bulkier of the two would say, "Again... not enough, I say. I kinda feel sorry for them." The other one would take a sip from his mug, then nod solemnly, "We should really go North. Here, you can't even take a step without stepping on someone's foot. Adventuring is becoming an illegal business, nowdays." Then bulky one responds, "Indeed. Nowdays, bandits have it easier."

The folks talking about a blade seem to be getting agitated and talking in a muffled tone.

The woman scoffs, "And how exactly does a month old murder scene help the Thane's daughter? That's a bad excuse if I ever heard one. And even if it does, what then? I let you in and guards go after me?"