[Approved] LordRaven001's IPC Application

BYOND Key: LordRaven0001

Character Names: Night That Shatters Days, Embracing The Rain, Night that Obliterates Day, Akero'Ceyta Veeta'Pleat, Keta'Ceet Ple'Teh, Arthur Whitemane, WHITEMANE (Cyborg), Whitemane(ERT), Archon (AI),Azeir Sssinzar, Kota Vimleel, Thtithik Pakseech, Korlas Lassei, Za'Akaix Azaeah Zo'ra, Ka'Akaix Snowa Zo'ra, Ka'Viax Zotra Zo'ra H.E.A.D (AI) H.E.A.D (Cyborg) Josiaph Vitilichi

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play this specific race because I enjoy being a synthetic, Recently I made stupid choices and argued with admins and got cyborg banned, That just wasn't fun for me, I have always enjoyed Synthetic playstyle and as a child have been fascinated with robots, Hopefully this will give me a chance to relive my fascination with Robots.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: I would think the fact that you can make the IPC anything you want, Lets say you want a morbidly depressed janitor IPC that goes around playing crying and violin noises cleaning sadly, Or you want a cheerful fun and cool IPC that helps out everyone, It gives you the opportunity to be what you want and removes most of the restrictions human characters give in that aspect

Character Name: Storm And Sea

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Storm And Sea is a dual personality emergent medical and instructing IPC created in a laboratory to manage and operate an insane asylum on the planet Earth, due to heavy side effects from copying the mental disabilities computer code he has been inflicted with a multiple personality disorder, Both seemingly insane, but not to the extent were he will attack and or get aggressive. Storm is the grouchy personality who specializes in Virus Experimentation and study, As-well as Chemistry, Storm prefers to be secluded small and remote, Grouchily answering people as they go by or if it is requested angrily huffing to the location. Sea on the other hand is the polar opposite, Sea always has a cheerful and open attitude and enjoys making friends with anyone and everyone, Sea specializes in Surgery,General Medicine, and emergency response, Both Storm and Sea may harmonize their split personalities once every three hours for a maximum of two hours due to the stress it has on their chassis, They harmonize to lead,govern,teach and instruct all those who wish to learn from them, Their personality is neutral in this state and prefer to be called Seastorm. While in this Harmonious state they are most helpful rendering their knowledge complete and thus maximizing their performance to help, Sadly it is a random occurrence when this harmonization happens, They have no control over it.

When Nanotransen learned of this creative and glorious contraption they offered to buy it, Its owners were skeptical and had some conditions on it one out of their two conditions was keeping it unlawed and free, The second was allow them to maintain updates and maintenance on Storm and Sea every time it has been used in a Nanotransen shift, Nanotransen is currently using Storm and Sea to conduct tests on whether or not they are fit to command a medical team, Watching the shifts of first Storm, Then sea. Nanotransens goal is to one day make the IPC have an abilitiy to lead the medical team and pass on their hidden knowledge to the newer medical generations, So far it is going as they predicted, Storm is grouchily responding to all requests for assistance, Doing it but with much annoyance, And Sea is socializing and helping anyone in need, From what they can tell Sea is the most productive when around people, Without people Sea's personality slowly degrades into the grouchy state known as Storm. Storm is more productive when secluded and by itself, Its personality begins to change when it is heavily around people and a friendly social environment, Transforming into Sea.

What do you like about this character? Its dual personalities, That really seems fun and interesting to roleplay!

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 7/10

Notes: This sadly will be my last application for the races as if this does get accepted I will frankly have every race I want. Positive and Negative feedback appreciated, Also to the people who think this is a snowflake character, You are correct, Storm and Sea are little unique snowflakes, and that's just the way I like them, I had fun designing this character and will have even more fun if I Get to play it.

Edited by Guest
You sure an Emergent or Uplift model wouldn't fit a dual personality better? Bespoke are supposed to still resemble mass produced models...

After heavy reconsideration I have taken your advice and changed it from a Bespoke to an Emergent, and updated the backstory, Thank you so much for your tip it really made me take a second look at my character. :)

Edited by Guest

Hello Hello!

Now, your application itself seems all fine and good, but I have questions.

One, that synthetic ban. Did you successfully get it lifted? Can I get a link to this appeal?

Two, Taco has a point. What purpose, exactly, would having dual personalities have that give an advantage over giving both personalities the skills and traits?

Three, RAVIOLI RAVIOLI GIVE ME THE PASSWORDI

Hello Hello!

One, that synthetic ban. Did you successfully get it lifted? Can I get a link to this appeal?

Two, Taco has a point. What purpose, exactly, would having dual personalities have that give an advantage over giving both personalities the skills and traits?

One: Nope, If your thinking from all synthetics that isn't what it is, It is cyborg only, I can still AI and had quite a good AI Round as of recent with my AI H.E.A.D The reason why I don't think it will be lifted is because I argued with admins on it because I was trying to RP a personal cyborg and just ignored the law to protect the station. , It wasn't bad like opening all airlocks murdering everyone and bad RP, IThankfully they only cyborg banned instead of warned.

Two: It is for challenges for me, I successfully enjoy playing a Malkavian in The white wolf games, And the thought of bringing that to a heavy RP server just seemed to irresistible, There are no advantages to be honest.

Three: brass bilberry

More Lore Judging because that's what I do.

Emergent's hijack a shell in order to exist, and aren't ever intentionally constructed. Also, they're not the most legal of builds, deriving from code that happened to arrange itself into personality, they are unregistered and aren't usually intentionally sought out due to their unpredictable and general uselessness.

There can always be an exception surely. Perhaps the creator thought they could turn the common unpredictable and general uselessness of the build into something more useful. Saying that they always hijack a shell and they aren't ever intentionally built is ludicrous. And you can continue to argue that this is how it is, but it would be better to have an IPC that broke the streamline, as it is more realistic to have a few here and there. If he wants to have that IPC, then I am in support of this. I am either way though. +1 from me.

I don't have any problems with you OOC, or IC.

Quite frankly I like RPing with your characters, and I feel tossing in another whitelisted alien assuming it's different then the rest, will go a long way for you.

+1

Let it be known. I'm gonna tag the shit out of you

Edited by Guest
There can always be an exception surely. Perhaps the creator thought they could turn the common unpredictable and general uselessness of the build into something more useful. Saying that they always hijack a shell and they aren't ever intentionally built is ludicrous. And you can continue to argue that this is how it is, but it would be better to have an IPC that broke the streamline, as it is more realistic to have a few here and there. If he wants to have that IPC, then I am in support of this. I am either way though. +1 from me.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty interesting idea so I tried to make it as out of the wild crazy there was while bringing in some logicistics too it, Thanks for your support.

I don't have any problems with you OOC, or IC.

Quite frankly I like RPing with your characters, and I feel tossing in another whitelisted alien assuming it's different then the rest, will go a long way for you.

+1

Let it be known. I'm gonna tag the shit out of you

Thanks for your support Dreviore, I try to make my stuff fun

also bring it i have the power of the crazy in me, would like to see you tag that <3

I have worked with Kota before in Medbay, gotta say their RP is on the spot and it's a nice character.Not to mention you seem be a nice person OOC. I wonder how your IPC character will work out, so I'd definitely give you a +1.

Yeah, I think it will bring interesting things to the roleplay and just a new type of character, Plus Medbay needs to spice it up so it isn't repetitive stressful and boring

Thank you three for your support, It really means a lot

Hello Hello!

One: Nope, If your thinking from all synthetics that isn't what it is, It is cyborg only, I can still AI and had quite a good AI Round as of recent with my AI H.E.A.D The reason why I don't think it will be lifted is because I argued with admins on it because I was trying to RP a personal cyborg and just ignored the law to protect the station. , It wasn't bad like opening all airlocks murdering everyone and bad RP, IThankfully they only cyborg banned instead of warned.

Two: It is for challenges for me, I successfully enjoy playing a Malkavian in The white wolf games, And the thought of bringing that to a heavy RP server just seemed to irresistible, There are no advantages to be honest.

Three: brass bilberry

Wait... The secret code changes now? I must have missed that.

I would give LordRaven a +1. They have shown their capability in-game plenty of times. I know a few issues were already brought up on the whole double personality thing. Sadly, I am not the best to put my insight with the IPC lore so, I am just going to stick with my +1 purely based on IC Interactions.