Inverted_Rectum's IPC application

Guest Inside_Out_Starfish

BYOND Key: Inverted_Rectum

Character Names: Mr. Cups, Jacob Buzzard, Heinz Eckstein, Aengus Donovan, Harner West, Haruspex.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Roughly two months and a while.

Species you are applying to play: Integrated Positronic Chasis

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: My medborg, Haruspex is upset about his inability to live up to the name he's chosen for himself, the fact that he's incapable of providing patients with full treatment and his lawset, which prioritizes serving officials and protecting the station above protecting its inhabitants.Thus, it makes sense for him to look to buy his own freedom as soon as he can.

By making Haruspex an IPC he can fully interact with his surroundings and perform his needlessly ritualistic behavior.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The IPC's unique anathomy means they will have to take a different approach to life on the station, they will need to visit a roboticist to treat their injuries instead of a surgeon and recharge themselves using the APC's rather than look for food.Since IPC's dont strictly abide by the human standards of sanity they can have various personality quirks unique to their species.IPC's are spontaneously created with no political affiliation, culture, social norms, taboos and the like.They are essentially a blank slate on which you can write whatever personality you want.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? They introduce an additional layer of weirdness to the station.Are IPC's truly sentient?Are they capable of experiencing emotions?Their presence raises a lot of philosophical questions and by extension opportunities for some pretty good roleplay.While other species generally have mannerisms and cultures similliar to humanity's, Ipc's are completely devoid of such limitations.

Character Name: Haruspex

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs Haruspex was not activated immediately after his creation, instead being stored onboard the NSS Canes Venatici several weeks before being loaded on a supply shuttle to the NSS Odin with other surplus medical supplies.A mistake in the NSS Odin's supply schedule caused the shuttle to arrive at one of its docking bays at the same time as another shuttle transporting hydroponic supplies, causing the two vessels to colide when coming out of bluespace and meld together.Only some of both shuttle's cargo could be recovered from the wreckage.Haruspex was among it.

Haruspex is a paranoid, melodramatic and superstitious machine that spends most of his shifts looking trough the halls of the NSS Aurora for any injured crew members,his little free time is spent devoting a part of his processing power to studying the ancient mythologies of Earth.The android's strongpoint is his fanatical devotion to medicine, Haruspex's entire existance revolves around his metaphorical battle against death, which he's almost convinced is a sapient entity capable of oposing him.He loathes the limitations of his advanced droid chasis and the lawset he is bound to follow, as it places following orders and ensuring the safety of the station above that of its inhabitants.

He views being placed into an IPC as being liberated from his lawset and being able to entirely live according to his Hippocratic Oath, and has since purged all his data besides his vast knowledge of medicine , theology and mythology.

What do you like about this character? I like Haruspex because he is eccentric, slightly crazy even.He's a machine that really, really wants to be considered a sentient living being,adopting strange misunderstood human mannerisms in an attempt to mimic human behavior.

Roleplaying him is fun, simply said.Then there's also the big plus of playing a medic and preventing people from being taken out of the round which also gives me a warm feeling.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I'd say my ability to roleplay is presentable, still I admit I have a problem making serious characters.Most of my other characters are all humoristic and Haruspex is my most serious one yet.Still, this server looks like a pretty good place to improve myself.

Notes: I generally aim to play Haruspex as Weird, not Batshit insane.I feel like I should clarify I dont want to convey him as a LELRANDOM character.

+1, obviously.

Rectum Inverted is a great player, and namely Haruspex here no doubt belongs among the best portrayed characters on the server; he's capable, always prioritizes helping those in need (just the other round, he was dragging people out of the breach at Security MOMENTS after it occured, while the rest of the medical team stumbled around Medbay and argued whether they should bring stretchers or body bags) and he obviously puts tremendous effort into making the game fun for others.

It's not only fair he gets a chance at such development, it's also something I truly can't wait to see!

Do eet!

+1. Rec is probably one of the top players of synthetic characters I've seen in a while. He finds amazing ways to give them depth, personality and individuality while remaining very in tune with the limitations, laws and so forth of a synthetic. They're uniquely awesome, and I think he is more than capable of handling an IPC.