Baka's Head App

Hey, this is more of a thing I would use for future events and I'll make sure all characters that I make for Head of Staff positions are over the age of 30 and believable. I got the OK to make this from FFrances so I'm going to fill this out as normal.

BYOND key: bakagaijin

Character names: Samantha Mason, Maxwell Mason, Mauve Foliage

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: 3 months?

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: The reason why I want to be on the whitelist for heads of staff is that I believe I can handle being in a position of power without abusing it but still be able to provide interesting roleplay at the same time.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Because the server focuses on heavy roleplay which is basically a hobby of mine that I enjoy to do.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:Yes

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is acting out as another character to assume a role. The role can be anything. People roleplay to escape reality, for entertainment purposes, and to get a perspective of filling in another's shoes. Roleplay does not necessary have to be enjoyable since I believe that for roleplay to be good, you shouldn't limit yourself to only positive occurrences, that even negative roleplay can build one's character into a more stronger, well structured, and believable one. But the most important thing is that roleplay should be about fun, and as long as you're having fun and not dampering someone else's fun purposefully, that's cool.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The purpose of being a head of staff is two fold. You are representing your department by making decisions which is best for said department, and you are aiding and supervising the crewmembers who works along your department. A head of staff is not someone who should be micromanaging what someone does, nor should they be someone who is just a ____ on steroids (be it a doctor, security officer, ect), but they should at least have some knowledge of all the department and how nominally a department should be ran.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

I believe when I have played Head of Staff on other servers is that in order to be a good head of staff you need to set a few boundaries for yourself. Don't dick around and be difficult to contact when someone needs you. Never jump into someone's job and take over for them, give them a chance to fix their mistakes and mentor them if they need help. Always praise in public but criticize in private. A big problem I find with heads of staff is having romantic relationships with those in your department who are under you and having it interfere with your work decisions and have it become a problematic conflict of interest. I believe your department should come first before your romantic relationships and at least kept to a minimum/not the focus of your entire round. The most important rule however is never be stubborn, listen to suggestions, and make decisions to the best of your abilities.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Samantha Caprello (nee Mason)

Character age: 48

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Samantha was born on the planet Luna. She had ambitions to become a doctor of pharmacy after reading all about the history of medicine, and a great curiosity in internal medication with following her mother's foot steps. It was increasingly difficult to do due to the cost of schooling at LUMS and the fact that she was born deaf and was not given much thought because of her disability. It was with schooling, working with NanoTrasen on various stations for a while to build up a fund that she was able to purchase her cochlear implants and the speech therapy she needed in order to succeed. Samantha grew older, and over time her skills had flourished in the chemistry department.

Now at the age of 48, Samantha has flourished into doctor, a mother, a wife, and an asset to the medical team aboard NSS Aurora for over 20 years. Her aims in life is to lead the department of medical, with a focus of the art of internal medication and pharmaceuticals being used. She wants to guide, to train, and to teach people what she had learned as a chemist before she retires as her last career goal.

What do you like about this character?: Samantha to me is quirky in her own special ways, being that she can be a complete goofball but well meaning on good days.

What do you dislike about this character?: Samantha can come off as someone who can have anger issues, and I really wish I can find the perfect balance between her mood swings.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff? (Please note that Head characters must be over 30, unless given special clearance): She can be fit to play as a head of staff in future rounds. I do not want her being played as a Head of Staff now because she still has maturity to go through and I don't like the idea of a CMO below the age of 30 IMHO.

Why?: See above.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I think I do a good job roleplaying, I put my heart into it. Sometimes the things I do doesn't make much sense but I try to compensate by doing my best. 8/10?

Extra notes: I must stress again, I will not play her as a CMO currently, only on future rounds when she is old enough, and impediment free.