Remove Pool

Nik

Guest Marlon Phoenix
But you don't see lazy people walking through the toilets with no regard that they exist. And I see that happen nearly every other shift. It's butts, man.

I feel that being unable to be pushed in without at least a passive grab, and having a text notification like "You take a dive into the refreshing cool water, and get all wet!" would deter things. Currently it's just really easy to fall in, since it's in the middle of the room.

But you don't see lazy people walking through the toilets with no regard that they exist. And I see that happen nearly every other shift. It's butts, man.

I feel that being unable to be pushed in without at least a passive grab, and having a text notification like "You take a dive into the refreshing cool water, and get all wet!" would deter things. Currently it's just really easy to fall in, since it's in the middle of the room.

Make it so that if you walk into the pool from a surrounding tile, you are pushed down similar to how climbing on tables used to work before the update. This, combined with a notification, would discourage walking into the pool.

Make it so that if you walk into the pool from a surrounding tile, you are pushed down similar to how climbing on tables used to work before the update. This, combined with a notification, would discourage walking into the pool.

Maybe, we could like, just surround most of the pool with glass, with a few glass doors.

Sounds easier to edit to, and makes accidently stepping out of the pool while doing Pool RP harder.

Oh, and I guess we could get the AI to turn up the termostat to make the place a sona now.

Maybe, we could like, just surround most of the pool with glass, with a few glass doors.

Sounds easier to edit to, and makes accidently stepping out of the pool while doing Pool RP harder.

Oh, and I guess we could get the AI to turn up the termostat to make the place a sona now.

That does sound way easier to code and implement.

I'm generally against removing things because people suck at RP. However some of the suggestions in this thread sound good. I just dunno how much of a priority it'd be for devs.

Perhaps remove the pool and increase the size of the holo deck?

I think a bigger holo deck (the size of the holodeck + fitness room combined) would offer more RP opportunities than the two seperate rooms.

Imagine a big holodeck grass field with medieval swords and armor. Maximum LARP.

Where will my Skrell Sleep?

Put a giant pool option for the bigger holodeck.

words

I think a bigger holo deck (the size of the holodeck + fitness room combined) would offer more RP opportunities than the two seperate rooms.

Imagine a big holodeck grass field with medieval swords and armor. Maximum LARP.

The larp is real.

Edit: And would be really interesting to do. Fencing would have to be an option. Mabye some beach volleyball!

People can walk around the pool. The area is almost never crowded.

We're not removing a feature from the map because people are too lazy to walk around three tiles in a secluded area.

It's not really much of a feature, though. It's a place where 3-4 people go to splash and giggle and dilly dally around in swimsuits.

A bigger holodeck would be far more preferable. Actually, might make a thread just for that idea.

It's not really much of a feature, though. It's a place where 3-4 people go to splash and giggle and dilly dally around in swimsuits.

A bigger holodeck would be far more preferable. Actually, might make a thread just for that idea.

The holodeck can easily be expanded by moving the fore staboard solars closer to escape. The pool goes underused, but not fully unused. And people like to have beach parties, even if on the holobeach - if anything, I think people don't use the pool because it's in a traffic area (between the holodeck, dorms, and bar maint), and it would probably feel more cozy if it had its own dedicated room.

There is /one/ thing which I would be absolutely for, which would be to replace the pool by something more interesting. Not necessarily a bigger holodeck, but game tables, or some sort of lounge for the dorms.