[DENIED] Benl8561's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Benl8561

Character Names:Ian Kiefer,Boris Vyacheslav and, Drake Isemann

Species you are applying to play: Shell frame

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I've always been one for the synthetic rolls on stations and I want a try the different role play experiences that an IPC offers

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Shell frames although human like in shape take mechanical damage that requires to be fixed in robotics if severe. EMP is can be extremely deadly to them. They are more or so the opposite of industrial frames designed to look more appealing two humans and to do work involved with humans rather than machines more often as they are better at simulating human-like characteristics then other synthetics. Although they are still synthetic therefore they are still mildly cold and calculating

Character Name:

B-1

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

In 2450 Two members of the synthetic intelligence movement had gathered money to attempt to give free life to a lucky shell frame IPC. As they still did not have an incredible amount of money they went to a budget used IPC shop. After some browsing in the shop they found a reasonably cheap in every way shell frame IPC with a basic personality loaded onto it. It's serial number was BN-1834 which states have upon the name B-1 as it had a better ring to it.

After bring it back to there small research Outpost that they worked at. After some convincing to their boss he let them bring it into their robotic lab and get it online. After getting B-1 fully booted up explain to it how they acquired it and what their plans were with it which were to let it be free and do what it likes they gave him enough credits two take a shuttle to nearby station, He shook both of their hands thanking them sincerely and left never to see them again.

What do you like about this character?Fact that he does not enjoy conflict of any kind and we'll go out of his way to avoid it as well as his level of gratitude towards the synthetic intelligence movement for freeing him and allowing him to live.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I feel like I'm fairly good at it I've been playing on the server for quite a while now and have had a lot of experience with it have a tendency to do Shenanigans every once in awhile though.

Notes:

Please do post any suggestions that you think I could improve on for my character.

This seems... Lackluster, flat and very blase. It does not speak for the character, it does not give us an idea of your understanding of the species or the character you are going to play. This seems like something you spat out in five minutes without any thought or effort. Until you make a conscious effort and try to apply yourself, I am going to give this a -1.

The back story seems like something out of Disney fiction. The story of how someone was "lucky" to be given life after being bought from a "budget IPC store". I advise rethinking this, maybe give more read about the nature of how Synths are on Biesel. I'll keep myself Neutral for the time being until I see improvements.

• 4 weeks later...

This application seems, as Jenna said herself, lackluster. There are no discount used IPC shops, they're bought from the manufacturer or straight from the people selling them. They're always expensive in some form or another, some just drastically moreso than others. Overall, I don't see any motivation other than "Yeah I liked AI this'll do" and a clear lack of general understanding. However, I'll give you until the 26th to either come to me on Discord: Muncorn#5016 or PM me on the forums, with questions about IPC's, or some change to this. If none of those happen, I'll put this app into archives with a deny. I hope for some kind of reply.